Saving of lounge chairs

Bottom line...the chairs are there for all passengers to use...not for a few self important, boorish, rude, ignorant, crude, classless, selfish, uncivil people who know who they are. Time to realize the world was not made for YOU. If these adjectives apply to you maybe it's time for a self evaluation because no-one is impressed by you or your behavior.

It's ok to save a chair while I am in the pool, correct? It's always nice having your stuff nearby and then drying out in the nice warm sun. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem at all.

It's ok to save a chair while I am in the pool, correct? It's always nice having your stuff nearby and then drying out in the nice warm sun. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a fair use of a chair, but I so wish Royal would put a cubby hole near the pool. Sometimes I'll spend time in the pool and when I get out, go somewhere else. If I had a dry place near the pool in sight of the pool where I could put my shoes, shirt, and other things, I'd be happy to never touch a chair.

Edited by BillOh

It's really simple. Use common sense. If you want to spend time on the pool deck, great. Pick out a chair and enjoy yourself. Leave the chair to take a swim? Fine! Go spend a little time at the pool bar? Awesome!

Get up at 6am and put a paperback, a towel and a flip flop on a chair you want to use at 11am? Your a D-bag!

While not a bad post, the quoted person said EXACTLY and you gave generalities. The signs around the pool say something about leaving chairs unattended for 30 minutes.

That is a fair use of a chair, but I so wish Royal would put a cubby hole near the pool. Sometimes I'll spend time in the pool and when I get out, go somewhere else. If I had a dry place near the pool in site of the pool where I could put my shoes, shirt, and other things, I'd be happy to never touch a chair.

I suppose if they did put these near the pool you could always stuff a towel in it early in the morning to save it for later.

I suppose if they did put these near the pool you could always stuff a towel in it early in the morning to save it for later.

I seriously doubt if that would be an issue, but a cubby such as I described could hold the belongs of 50 people and take up the room of two chairs. or be placed in spaces where there currently are no chairs.

Edited by BillOh

Let the pool people handle it because the last thing you need is a fight over a chair.

Saw a fight over a hamburger on Carnival.

The Freedom ice show specifically states no saving of seats. We saw two good seats up front. We got there and saw two empty soda glasses by the seats. It's a long hike back up the stairs so we plunked down in the chairs. Just before showtime a 20 something asked us to move.

He had a long walk back up those steps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not opposed to someone saving a seat for their wife or parents saving a seat for their kid or something like that, but someone should at least be there and there should be evidence that the other people were there as well. If both people leave, then I think they have vacated. Leaving cups behind just makes them litterbugs too.

Tom

Saw a fight over a hamburger on Carnival.

The Freedom ice show specifically states no saving of seats. We saw two good seats up front. We got there and saw two empty soda glasses by the seats. It's a long hike back up the stairs so we plunked down in the chairs. Just before showtime a 20 something asked us to move.

He had a long walk back up those steps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not opposed to someone saving a seat for their wife or parents saving a seat for their kid or something like that, but someone should at least be there and there should be evidence that the other people were there as well. If both people leave, then I think they have vacated. Leaving cups behind just makes them litterbugs too.

Tom

On that note, I have had a few nice people say to me that they had chairs there kids were using, but didn't think they would come back so they gave them up when someone like me was obviously looking. My wife will spend many hours, particularly on the last 2 sea days of the Oasis/Allure Eastern itinerary. I may join her until noon intermittently going somewhere else for a few minutes, but by noon I give up that seat.

There are lots of threads if you really want to find them. As for confontations, I had one that was close to violence, then it was avoided only because of a wife speaking up. Others have heard this story, I apologize for those reading it again, but for the OP. The solarium on Navigator is laid out in such a manner that it looks the same on one side as the other. We were in our chairs around 2 hours when a guy came up and said we were in his chair and what did we do with his stuff. He also said he was gone only 45 minutes. When I told him he was mistaken as had been there 2 hours his tone got very agressive to the point I was sizing him up and thinking, ok if this escalates, he is swimming to shore or being carried to the infirmary. My wife was looking for security or a crew member when suddenly his wife piped up and said, "Over here" He had walked out of one side of the solarium and returned from the other way and come to the wrong seat.

Did the gentleman at least apologize for the confrontation? I would have expected it and if I didn't get one I would have asked for one before he left.

:D

Did the gentleman at least apologize for the confrontation? I would have expected it and if I didn't get one I would have asked for one before he left.

:D

He stormed off, went to his seat and wouldn't even look our way [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This drives me nuts!

Here's something I've always wondered about - what happens when a towel hasn't been returned to someone's Seapass card? I'm sure I saw a sign saying there was a charge of $25 per towel - surely this would be enough of a deterrent to saving loungers with towels if it was enforced?

My favorite story - My DD and & I were looking for chairs near the pool (I'm good with a deck up but as an 18yo at the time, she wanted to be in the thick of the action ;)). We found 2 chairs with nothing on them, just some sandals underneath them. About 10-15 minutes later some young ladies showed up to claim them and I said "I'm sorry, you're only allowed to save seats for 30 minutes". Apparently it had been a lot longer than that because they got their shoes and left with no comment. :p My guess is someone else had used the chairs between them leaving the sandals and us claiming them and had moved the sandals from the top of the chair to underneath.

This drives me nuts!

Here's something I've always wondered about - what happens when a towel hasn't been returned to someone's Seapass card? I'm sure I saw a sign saying there was a charge of $25 per towel - surely this would be enough of a deterrent to saving loungers with towels if it was enforced?

I'm such a rule-follower that I worry about this even when I leave my chair for a couple of minutes to cool off in the pool. :p

My last RCI cruise in Oct 2014 didn't have the check out/in (except for taking off at ports) but all my Carnival cruises have.

I'm such a rule-follower that I worry about this even when I leave my chair for a couple of minutes to cool off in the pool. :p

My last RCI cruise in Oct 2014 didn't have the check out/in (except for taking off at ports) but all my Carnival cruises have.

On Anthem in February they were checked in and out via your Seapass card everytime, not sure if it's different depending on the ship, or procedures have changed over time - can't remember what happened on our previous cruise in 2013a

This drives me nuts!

On Oasis last week all towels were checked out and in. On the last night letters were delivered to rooms indicating that if you wanted to keep your towel you could and 25 dollars per towel would be charged to your account. If you wanted to not be charged the letter said you had until 8PM to return them.

CHogs are a way of life on cruises and at pools everywhere. Someday anthropologists will study their habits and try to determine what kind of mental condition caused their behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are lots of threads if you really want to find them. As for confontations, I had one that was close to violence, then it was avoided only because of a wife speaking up. Others have heard this story, I apologize for those reading it again, but for the OP. The solarium on Navigator is laid out in such a manner that it looks the same on one side as the other. We were in our chairs around 2 hours when a guy came up and said we were in his chair and what did we do with his stuff. He also said he was gone only 45 minutes. When I told him he was mistaken as had been there 2 hours his tone got very agressive to the point I was sizing him up and thinking, ok if this escalates, he is swimming to shore or being carried to the infirmary. My wife was looking for security or a crew member when suddenly his wife piped up and said, "Over here" He had walked out of one side of the solarium and returned from the other way and come to the wrong seat.

Did the jerk apologize?