Blanket for balcony?

judyzoo

Well, while that is true, I would pack one if I thought the answer was "No".

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

LOL.

Not surprising with my username, I travel with a small quilt. It comes in very useful on flights and adds a comfortable touch to our stateroom. Since I use it on the plane, I just carry it on and it doesn't count as a personal item or carry-on item and doesn't take up any room in my suitcase. Just a thought about how to easily take one with you if you find definitive negative responses to your question. :)

Well, while that is true, I would pack one if I thought the answer was "No".

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So then either call the cruise line or as you say - Take one with you. Enjoy your cruise and I hope you get the right answer.

While I don't know if they will provide one specifically for lounging on the balcony, in theory what's wrong with using the one from the bed. Or even asking for an extra from the cabin steward upon boarding. I would probably use my travel blanket as it has a foot pocket and will already be traveling with me.

LOL.

Not surprising with my username, I travel with a small quilt. It comes in very useful on flights and adds a comfortable touch to our stateroom. Since I use it on the plane, I just carry it on and it doesn't count as a personal item or carry-on item and doesn't take up any room in my suitcase. Just a thought about how to easily take one with you if you find definitive negative responses to your question. :)

I love quilting as well (still a newbie though), do you know if any of the Alaska ports have a quilt stores for quilt patterns / kits? This thread gave me the wonderful idea of making a new quilt for my DD just for our planned Alaska cruise. Now the fun part of planning / designing something easy to travel but warm and in the spirit of Alaska.

Thanks!

Nancy

I love quilting as well (still a newbie though), do you know if any of the Alaska ports have a quilt stores for quilt patterns / kits? This thread gave me the wonderful idea of making a new quilt for my DD just for our planned Alaska cruise. Now the fun part of planning / designing something easy to travel but warm and in the spirit of Alaska.

Thanks!

Nancy

Nancy. last time I was in Skagway I visited a little quilt shop (sorry, don't recall the name) and they had some lovely Alaska/wildlife themed fabrics.

I'm hoping on my cruise next year to have time in at least a couple of the ports to visit more shops and pick up some quilt fabric. You can never have too many quilts, right? I found this link: 33 Alaska Quilt Shops to Tempt You and haven't had a chance to really look at the list yet, but I'm hoping there will be some options in at least a couple of the ports of call and since I'm doing a northbound this time, I'll have to hunt down a shop or two in Anchorage, too.

Happy quilting!

Nancy. last time I was in Skagway I visited a little quilt shop (sorry, don't recall the name) and they had some lovely Alaska/wildlife themed fabrics.

I'm hoping on my cruise next year to have time in at least a couple of the ports to visit more shops and pick up some quilt fabric. You can never have too many quilts, right? I found this link: 33 Alaska Quilt Shops to Tempt You and haven't had a chance to really look at the list yet, but I'm hoping there will be some options in at least a couple of the ports of call and since I'm doing a northbound this time, I'll have to hunt down a shop or two in Anchorage, too.

Happy quilting!

Thank you so much for the link, I was able to find a shop in Juneau a stone's throw from the Cruise Port. I am going to definitely stop by and see if I can find any others on the list for Sitka and Ketchikan.

Thanks again and I agree, never too much fabric, batting or quilts! One for every day or occasion. My family and pets all want their own and don't like sharing.

Thank you so much for the link, I was able to find a shop in Juneau a stone's throw from the Cruise Port. I am going to definitely stop by and see if I can find any others on the list for Sitka and Ketchikan.

Thanks again and I agree, never too much fabric, batting or quilts! One for every day or occasion. My family and pets all want their own and don't like sharing.

That's great! :D

My family doesn't share well either!

Wondering the same things about Princess. I might pack some lightweight fleece blankets if the answer is no. Assuming we could just bring the blankets off the bed though.

Now we are talking 2008, but, at that time, you could go to a certain place, and, check out blankets.

Susan in Anchorage :)

What about those emergency silver mylar blankets? Anyone use those on the balcony? If yes, do they keep you warm? Or are they too noisy? They pack to nothing, so was wondering if they would be helpful for the balcony in Alaska?

I have had one of them for several years, but never used it. Mainly because, whenever I think I might want to use it, I cant find it. I guess I should conduct another search, and if that fails, hope the Sun provides blankets or use something from the beds -- although duvets now seem a lot more common than blankets. And if none of that works, we can just bundle up!

Wondering the same things about Princess. I might pack some lightweight fleece blankets if the answer is no. Assuming we could just bring the blankets off the bed though.

Use one of the red blankets used for MUTTS.

I always pack a warm throw for Alaska. The problem with using the bedding is that it rains a lot in Alaska and the balconies are frequently wet. That could put quite a damper on bedtime. :D

Interesting idea. I have too many throws. Perhaps this would be a good opportunity to take one with me, then leave it on the ship after the cruise. Something to keep me warm on the balcony, one less throw to store at home, and more room for purchases in my suitcase.