Royal Princess Sanctuary Review - March 2016

Nezmo

Pam, was that the gazebo right behind our loungers, or the ones on the right closer to the entrance as you head toward our loungers? I didn't know those were available to everybody like the ones in our section, which everyone seemed to share when I was there. I missed the rainy day, I guess.

Yes. It didn't rain long but enough to need to get out of the rain. That gazebo area is for everyone and to be shared. I got to my lounger a couple of days just after 9am and the couch and chairs behind us were already staked out and "taken."

On my very recent Royal cruise, a few people staked out two of the seating areas in the gazebo as "theirs" for the entire 10-day cruise so that no one else could sit in their section. They slept on the couches and used the chairs to hold their things or sit in when they weren't lying down. The one time it rained, they refused to move anything which meant that those of us actually using our loungers had to stand or leave. One couple was using all five seats. It was as bad as the people saving loungers at the pool.

Those people may have even been rude when asked! A day may be bearable, but not the entire 10-day cruise!

Yes. It didn't rain long but enough to need to get out of the rain. That gazebo area is for everyone and to be shared. I got to my lounger a couple of days just after 9am and the couch and chairs behind us were already staked out and "taken."

I think its the staffs fault for letting it happen every day. With out saying this area is for all the passengers.

Tony

I think its the staffs fault for letting it happen every day. With out saying this area is for all the passengers.
It didn't bother me until it started raining and was looking for a seat out of the rain. They didn't move anything off the seats they weren't using even when I was standing right there. I probably should have just picked up their stuff on the chairs and dumped it on the deck and sat down.

It didn't bother me until it started raining and was looking for a seat out of the rain. They didn't move anything off the seats they weren't using even when I was standing right there. I probably should have just picked up their stuff on the chairs and dumped it on the deck and sat down.

Hi Pam,

Thank you for helping so many of us on CC.Things like that making you stand in the rain is just not right.Someone should have said something to those selfish people. I wish I was there with you. That's all I can say.

Tony

Hi, I am travelling on the Royal with my sister in June and we have planned, hopefully to have at least one day in the Sanctuary. As it is the Med it should be very hot. Some of the pics on here show loungers in full sun, I don't think I could tolerate that long without shade can you move your lounger to a shady part? Also some other postings mention lounge hoggers, don't you get a guaranteed lounger in this price?

Hi, I am travelling on the Royal with my sister in June and we have planned, hopefully to have at least one day in the Sanctuary. As it is the Med it should be very hot. Some of the pics on here show loungers in full sun, I don't think I could tolerate that long without shade can you move your lounger to a shady part? Also some other postings mention lounge hoggers, don't you get a guaranteed lounger in this price?

There are many loungers in full sun, so when you book, make sure to ask for one that is shaded (and it won't be completely shaded). I don't think you can book seats in the covered gazebo area. You can maneuver your chair some, but not to a completely different area. You do get a guaranteed lounger--no hoggers allowed. Have a great cruise!

Pam I was on the same cruise and pretty sure I know who's you're talking about. lol. You should've talken their junk and dumped it On the deck!

Edited by sunsurf

So if you want good loungers you must...

Book for the week when you first arrive

Or

Stand in a line very early on a daily basis and take your chances?

Cabana can be rented on a daily basis, but when you first arrive or it will probably be sold later in the week?

There was a mention of cabanas at another part of the pool area? Do these need to be rented in advance and what are those prices?

We haven't cruised in years and this looks SO much more enjoyable.

We're looking at the Caribbean Princess next January.

Thanks