how do free drinks in bars and Diamond lounge work for Diamond members?

I just wanted to confirm that the list also applied to the Diamond lounge and not just the bars - thank you for replying maryann2 :-)

Not entirely, the lounge sometimes has a few extra 'ingredients' depending on what their specialty might be. For example, Freedom has been doing Peach Martinis in the CL lately.

• 4 months later...
I'm pretty sure you can only get one drink at a time so if you get a drink, give it away to a friend and go right back for another, it might not work. It's practices like this that would make the cruise line withdraw these perks and boy, have I and many others worked hard and spent a fortune to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What a great, diplomatic answer. As we just turned Diamond, I searched for info on Diamond Lounge and came upon this thread. We would be dismayed if our terrific new perk was discontinued because of cheaters. You are correct -- we worked hard to get here and want to enjoy the benefits! Cheers!!!

I'm going on a B2B in 8 weeks, my first time as a Diamond. I am a diabetic on a very strict low carb, no sugar diet. So looks like slim pickings since I can't do alcohol, juices, most nibbles. Should I bother to go to Diamond Lounge? My DH just passed away four weeks ago and I will be going solo for some R&R, been on 2/3rd of my cruises solo so it will be okay. Sounds like other Diamond perks no long exist? Thanks for all the great descriptions by everyone. No big deal; I just enjoy the R&R.

I'm going on a B2B in 8 weeks, my first time as a Diamond. I am a diabetic on a very strict low carb, no sugar diet. So looks like slim pickings since I can't do alcohol, juices, most nibbles. Should I bother to go to Diamond Lounge? My DH just passed away four weeks ago and I will be going solo for some R&R, been on 2/3rd of my cruises solo so it will be okay. Sounds like other Diamond perks no long exist? Thanks for all the great descriptions by everyone. No big deal; I just enjoy the R&R.

Can't think of any Diamond perks that no longer exist. In fact, they have been expanded recently with the addition of the 3 nightly drink vouchers.

As a solo traveller the Lounges are my favourite places. So easy to meet people - and you see them each day.

As for your special diet... I ofter drink water or diet soft drinks with fruit slices etc.

And nibbles are include fresh vegetable, and chicken with no extra. You will find stuff to nibble on.

Not sure what you mean about "Sounds like other Diamond perks no long exist? ". There are plenty of perks.

Raina

we worked hard to get here and want to enjoy the benefits! Cheers!!!

Wow, really? How is a cruise vacation work? We just got to Diamond on our last cruise - 81 enjoyable nights in regular balcony rooms away from the cold and snow. Our next cruises are not on RCI so I don't know if, or when, we will take advantage of the benefit but I will never say it was work or that I "earned" the benefit. We chose to spend our vacation time and money with RCI and any benefits conferred on us will just be icing on the cake.

Wow, really? How is a cruise vacation work? We just got to Diamond on our last cruise - 81 enjoyable nights in regular balcony rooms away from the cold and snow. Our next cruises are not on RCI so I don't know if, or when, we will take advantage of the benefit but I will never say it was work or that I "earned" the benefit. We chose to spend our vacation time and money with RCI and any benefits conferred on us will just be icing on the cake.

You may call it whatever you wish, as can I. Several years ago Royal changed the C&A point system, as a result it has taken longer to get to here. For that reason I don't want cheaters to jeopardize our benefits. BTW, my post was not directed at you. Your past, present or future plans are not my concern.

Edited by YlangYlangF9PB3E

You may call it whatever you wish, as can I. Several years ago Royal changed the C&A point system, as a result it has taken longer to get to here. For that reason I don't want cheaters to jeopardize our benefits. BTW, my post was not directed at you. Your past, present or future plans are not my concern.

My post wasn't really directed at you, even though I quoted you...I tried to change it but waited too long. I'm sorry, no offense meant. My post was really addressed to everyone that talks about the benefit as if it is an "earned" benefit. It has also taken us 12 cruises to get to Diamond, all in balconies with airfare and at least one night of hotels, meals, taxi's, etc., so I understand the argument; I just disagree with the premise of the argument because, hopefully, it was a vacation choice we each made for reasons aside from climbing the tier ladder.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We will be going Diamond on our first B-B on the Adventure in November. I have read this thread but want to confirm that my understanding is correct. We have a three drink voucher per evening that needs to be used during the designated dinner hours. There is a specific drinking list that looks great IMH. If we choose to we can order alcohol, soda or club soda at the lounges but not in the dining rooms. We can also go to the Diamond Lounge and have unlimited drinks during the same time frame with light snacks. They can not be carried out of the Diamond Lounge. These three drink perks do not carry over to the next day. Some bartenders do not agree on the limitations and think alcohol with some mixers do not count. Some bartenders will give you an unopened can of soda to take back to the cabin. Bottle water is not included in this perk list. Tipping, as it should be, is encouraged in the Diamond Lounge or lounges. Some tip as you go and others tip in the end. So far am I right?

Okay, hubby loves his Tangaray (sorry about the spelling) Gin Martini very dry, up with a twist. Is this drink available in the Diamond Lounge or as a 3 drink allowance in the lounges? Tangaray and vermouth are both on the acceptable list. Also does anyone know where the Diamond Lounge is on the Adventure? Is the lounge only open during the designated comp. drink hours?

Thank you for your time and enlightenment to this not so bright gal!

We will be going Diamond on our first B-B on the Adventure in November. I have read this thread but want to confirm that my understanding is correct. We have a three drink voucher per evening that needs to be used during the designated dinner hours. There is a specific drinking list that looks great IMH. If we choose to we can order alcohol, soda or club soda at the lounges but not in the dining rooms. We can also go to the Diamond Lounge and have unlimited drinks during the same time frame with light snacks. They can not be carried out of the Diamond Lounge. These three drink perks do not carry over to the next day. Some bartenders do not agree on the limitations and think alcohol with some mixers do not count. Some bartenders will give you an unopened can of soda to take back to the cabin. Bottle water is not included in this perk list. Tipping, as it should be, is encouraged in the Diamond Lounge or lounges. Some tip as you go and others tip in the end. So far am I right?

Okay, hubby loves his Tangaray (sorry about the spelling) Gin Martini very dry, up with a twist. Is this drink available in the Diamond Lounge or as a 3 drink allowance in the lounges? Tangaray and vermouth are both on the acceptable list. Also does anyone know where the Diamond Lounge is on the Adventure? Is the lounge only open during the designated comp. drink hours?

Many ships allow you to take drinks out of the lounge. Not sure about Adventure.

...Also does anyone know where the Diamond Lounge is on the Adventure? Is the lounge only open during the designated comp. drink hours?...!

The DL on Adventure is on the starboard side of the Viking Crown, deck 14, aft port side elevators. The DL is accessible 24 hours with your SeaPass card.

You have done an amazing job of summarizing the situation. You DO understand. Don't sell yourself short! :)

Are you saying that you already have enough points to be Diamond and this will be your first Diamond cruise, or that you will reach that point on the first half of a back to back?

If the latter, go chat with the Loyalty Ambassador during the first cruise and s/he will be sure that you get your benefits on the second one.

Congratulations!

Always helps to get the info. before the cruise as I prepare a brief info. sheet for each day so I do not miss or forget something. The mind is easily lost in the awe of the sea!

Now all you need to know is your muster station so you can plan out your route.

Just kidding.;)

So on the first completed day, we will achieve Diamond. So does that mean we have to wait until the second week to take advantage of the Diamond Perks. I will be checking in with the loyalty ambassador ASAP, thanks for the suggestion, Merion-Mom. As always you have been so helpful and kind.

I actually will have the muster station on our info. sheet. LOL! My mind does wander so this so this anal behavior is most helpful.

What is available in DL outside of the happy hour?

Complimentary specialty coffee should be (assuming the machine is functional) available 24 hours.

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning.

Sometimes there are other goodies available during the day, such as fruit and cookies.

The services of the Diamond Concierge during their office hours.

Complimentary specialty coffee should be (assuming the machine is functional) available 24 hours.

Continental breakfast for a couple of hours each morning.

Sometimes there are other goodies available during the day, such as fruit and cookies.

The services of the Diamond Concierge during their office hours.

Thank you clarea!

So on the first completed day, we will achieve Diamond. So does that mean we have to wait until the second week to take advantage of the Diamond Perks. I will be checking in with the loyalty ambassador ASAP, thanks for the suggestion, Merion-Mom. As always you have been so helpful and kind.

I actually will have the muster station on our info. sheet. LOL! My mind does wander so this so this anal behavior is most helpful.

You will become Diamond at the end of your first week. See the Loyalty Ambassador to update you as Diamond for the second week. Computer takes about a week to update points and status.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ARCruisinNana