!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

The master of cruise reviews is back!

I was so excited to see that you were sailing Oasis. We sailed on 3/26. At first I was disappointed that I wouldn't have your insider perspective before our trip, but now this is too much fun reliving our trip through your fantastic photos!

Thanks again, and congratulations on your recent successes!

Awwww, thank you, I appreciate you calling me the master of cruise reviews :)

Thank you for following!

Congrads on becoming a citizen. New blood so to speak it what keeps this country great. So great you got your school of choice and in a few years we'll all have to call you Dr.Gambee.:D Taking my first RCL cruise in October on the Oasis so this review is perfect to help with our planning on what to do.

Have a fantastic cruise! I hope you learn plenty about this ship from the review.

Following along. We will be on the Oasis April 15th sailing. First time on this class of ship and I'm getting excited. Enjoying the review!!

Have a great cruise! You will see quite a bit of the review before your cruise, enjoy :)

No, the table tennis set up is not new. It's also on the Allure and located next to the Wipeout Café same as on the Oasis. I'm loving your review and especially the pictures!

Hmmmm, I never noticed them. Then again, it has been 3 years since we saied on the Allure.

Hi and thank you for this review and the awesome pictures. I'm sailing Oasis in September and I can't wait. I look forward to the remainder of your review.

Happy Birthday by the way!!!!

Thank you, I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the review :)

Love, love, love your reviews! Your photos are amazing!

Sorry for your loss. So happy to hear that your fun-loving uncle is on his way to recovery!

Congratulations, as well, on your citizenship and acceptance to university! You are one busy young man [emoji4]

Barb

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am super busy indeed, but it is all about learning to manage your time.

Thank you for your words.

Happy Birthday Gambee. Hope you and your mom are having a good time. I don't remember which review or ship it was, but do you remember bringing your 3 year old suit...refusing to try it on before the cruise? I remember your pictures of you not being able to get the zipper up and button buttoned...hahahaha. Still have that suit???:D:D:D

Hahaha, the Allure cruise. No, the suit is gone. I actually bought a new suit, but did not bring it on the cruise.

Happy Birthday Gambee & Congratulations on your citizenship! I am sorry for your loss and I am sending my prayers for your uncle to have a fast recovery. I love your stories of his antics on your cruises. He seems like a lot of fun. As for your reviews...well let's say I think you could write about a trip on a barge and it would be interesting. Thanks though for sticking to cruise ships. :D

LoL, I don't know about that, it will be really hard to sell people on a barge, but I do try my best.

Thank you for posting and following along :)

I forgot to say congrats on the grad school too[emoji4] Being a nurse AND living in Florida I appreciate my PTs and it is especially great when they're bilingual. Here's to you having a great career and many more happy sailings! [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you, I am looking forward to the day that I am a practicing PT.

Thanks Gambee for the great review and pics. Seeing the pics of the delicious "junk" food at the wipe out café is making me so hungry! Cannot wait to sail on her new sister the Harmony in March!

Thank you and you're welcome, glad you're enjoying the review.

Thank you for following along :)

Happy Birthday!!!! and congratulation on becoming a US citizen glad to have you. Thanks so much for your review. Your Allure review helped me on our first Oasis cruise.

Thank you :)

Glad the Allure review helped you, that was my first baby.

That was me! Thank you so much for remembering! So sweet!

You're welcome! Enjoy your drinks!

animated-happy-birthday.jpg

Gambee !!!

and Thank you for the great review...we also board the Oasis this Saturday and your review is definitely helping get through these last few days of waiting for our turn :)

Have a great cruise!

Thank you for the birthday wishes =)

Having a wonderful time with you so far!!

Quick question, I see a wine of my choice on your menu priced at $14. With a drink package, would I pay $2 out of pocket, or the full price, unable to use the package at all?

I believe that the question was already answered, and actually I have no idea how that works.

Thank you for following.

Going back a few posts, but gotta say that I laughed outloud when I read your post about the towel animal. :D

Loving your review.

LoL, what can I say :D

WOW!! I don't log on to CC for 24 hours and what do I find??? A Gambee Review already on page 6!! :eek: Soooo glad to see you back on the RCI board! I'm all caught up and I'm really looking forward to the remainder of your review. WELCOME BACK!!! :D

Thank you for reading and posting, much more to come soon :)

You are such a kind, loving soul! You are a blessing on so many levels!

Thank you, but I have mom to thank for all of that.

Wow - you certainly had an action packed day 1!

I have what is probably a very stupid question! Last time on Oasis (Nov 2015) we bought VOOM for one device while onboard. For our sailing leaving this Saturday, there is a 30% off sale so it is only $10.50USD per day so I bought it ahead of time. I assume that is the Surf & Stream one referenced in the photo? I don't remember there being multiple options for type of internet in Nov 2015.

This was actually the first time I saw this pricing, my thought was that they were testing different products, or maybe it was different for this cruise alone. I am not sure that I can provide you with an exact answer for that. Sorry

Happy birthday and thank you for this review. It feels like forever since we were on Oasis.

Thank you for the birthday wishes :)

This is also the first I'm hearing of multiple options of internet speed. When I booked my upcoming cruise I received "one VOOM internet package" as a perk. Knowing RCCL they'll probably give me the slow one, and make me pay for the upgrade to the good stuff. Sigh.

BTW, great trip report. I'm loving it. Looking forward to more posts.

Thank you, much more to come tomorrow.

Thank you for following.

I haven't finished reading yet, but I didn't want to miss these comments! Happy Birthday, Gambee!

Chris, thanks for pointing out Gambee's birthday to us. I probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

I had been waiting very patiently for an Oasis class ship to move to our home port, Port Canaveral. So, we are on the first sailing she will do from there! November 5, 2016! 8 days on Oasis! :D I am already making notes from your review, and you're just getting started!

I'd like to think I have a pretty good feel for what makes someone a good physical therapist as I've been spending a lot of time in physical therapy lately. Since this past June, I have had one hip and both knees replaced. My physical therapists have done wonders in getting me back on my feet and moving again! I'm still working on rehabbing the knees and hoping they will be good to go when we sail on Freedom OTS at the end of May. I'm sure you will find physical therapy a very rewarding career. Lots of hard work, for sure, but seeing your clients recover - priceless!

Thank you. That is exactly what I found out about PT, you get to see the patients recover and get back their life, very rewarding.

Thank you for posting and sharing your thoughts.

Hi Gambee! I am so glad that I found your latest review. While I might or might not ever cruise on Royal Caribbean, (I never rule anything out), I am interested in all cruise lines and ships.

I am so sorry to hear of your troubling family issues, and I do wish your uncle a speedy recovery and return to good health.

And hearty congratulations on your getting your citizenship, and best wishes for continued success in your field of study and career.

And...Happy Birthday!

Looking forward to more of your great review:)

Thank you for your thoughts and kind words. It is my pleasure to share my cruises with everyone, I hope you continue to enjoy :)

Happy Birthday!

Great review as always. Thanks for the primer Gambee before my first Oasis class sailing.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I'll miss him in this review and his crazy wandering antics that were some of my highlights from a past review!

I hope you have a great cruise. Uncle is doing better, thank you for your thoughts about him.

Actually, the price of the soda package isn't $19 a day. Soda is only $8 a day. At $19 you also get bottled water, fresh juice and premium tea/coffee. Not bad.

The ultimate package is really a good deal, especially when compared to NCL. Their ultimate package is $79 a day and does NOT include bottled water or fresh juice or premium coffee. Those are all extra.:mad:

Touche, for 8 a day, if you drink 3 sodas, then it is worth it. I think some days we did 2 and some we did 3. I think we still came ahead.

We have the ultimate on NCL, can't wait to take that one for a spin! :D