FYI - my passport renewal turnaround time

clueless2

• Sent our routine passport renewals via USPS Priority Mail on March 21.
  • Delivered to Philly at 10:57pm on March 25. It seemed to get stuck in Louisville for a couple of days for some reason.
  • April 6 got an email that our passports were sent via USPS priority and we are scheduled to get them April 11.

Assuming we get them Monday that's a three week turn around from the day mailed to the day received.

Sent my wife and my passports in the same USPS priority envelope. Wrote two separate personal checks. Attached each renewal application to the check and the old passport with a paperclip.

Had Sam's Warehouse Club take the photos. Picture taken and two copies printed in 20 minutes for less than $5.

Now hopefully I haven't jinxed myself and they get lost in the mail...

We do the same thing.

We send them in Postal Priority Mail as the is the only priority mail that can be sent to their P.O. Box.

In my case, I pay for expedited turnaround just because I hate not having a passport but many people don't.

Place them in separate envelopes.

Glad things look good for you.

Keith

The passport process seems to be hit or miss. I've had friends where it took 3 months to get their's back. Some times the Agency gets slammed with requests while other times can be slow. Not much rhyme or reason. Took me 6 weeks when I last renewed mine, I think that may be about average.

Three months these days seems way too long.

Something that people don't always know about is that if it takes a while contact your House Of Representatives Office. This is one of the few things they do right. They can help get this resolved.

Keith

The OP was fortunate indeed. However...many things can vary and make the receipt of your renewal to take longer than expected...so always allow plenty of time...you can never count on the experience other's may have had.

The OP was fortunate indeed. However...many things can vary and make the receipt of your renewal to take longer than expected...so always allow plenty of time...you can never count on the experience other's may have had.

Agree completely. We don't need our passports until November but renewed now - seven months before needed. Better safe than sorry.

BTW.. They were mailed from Hot Spring, Arkansas. I guess that's where they are printed??

We just had a rapid turn around on a renewal. Submitted on or around 3/17, received it yesterday. Regular service. We submitted at a passport office, though, which I think may make it quicker but we've not had it that quick before I don't think.

We decided to renew DW's passport early in March. Costco did her pictures. Passport office sald to allow 4 to 6 weeks so we put our NJ mailing address on the application. Three weeks later we get her old passport back in the mail, forwarded from NJ, a few days later the new passport arrived, forwarded from NJ... Yes, the system works if you follow directions. Now we both have the new chipped passports, that should speed things up in Europe come September.