Question for anyone who has sailed with Princess.

We were on the Star princess in November and it was great- very relaxing. We find the food good, the pizza is our favorite of the cruise lines, and it has a slower paced vibe than Royal. The international cafe is great and quite similar to the cafe promenade. On the Star we were in a balcony on deck 14 and the rooms are small- only room for the bed and a small chair but all of their closets are fantastic- almost walk in size. We took the Crown Princess on a quick 3 night in January and were in a balcony on deck 10 (caribe) and while the room was the same size the balcony was big. Twice the size with half covered and the other half open. The Magic to Do show on the Crown was very entertaining- best cruise entertainment show I have seen in quite a while. We stayed in a mini suite a couple years ago on the golden and found the room to be similar to Royal's junior suites. I would agree that Royal and Princess are more similar than not and wouldn't hesitate to sail either.

Gregg, it's not even close when it comes to pizza. Princess has been winning this contest for as long as I have sailed both lines. Food is subjective, and the two lines are comparable, but when it comes to pizza Princess wins hands down.:D

Rick

Actually, I thought the war was going to be Chicago vs. New York. I would never even try to pit Royal's pizza against any others. :D

I see a pizza war starting. :eek::D

Pizza war is over before it started-- absolutely no contest hands down Princess wins--sort of like the New England Patriots playing football against U Mass-- Not pretty, not fair and over after the first play

Pizza war is over before it started-- absolutely no contest hands down Princess wins--sort of like the New England Patriots playing football against U Mass-- Not pretty, not fair and over after the first play

See post 28 [emoji6]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We sailed to Alaska on the Crown Princess. Maybe it was the itinerary or the weather, but the atmosphere just was not as lively as RC. My last 2 RC cruises have been on the Oasis and the Allure so maybe I am spoiled/biased. I found the ship a bit old and tired, and the layout was not at all intuitive. We were still getting lost on the last day of the cruise. The food may have been marginally better, but I have never had complaints on RC. The pizza was delicious!!

I think Princess is very good, just a step down from RC in our opinions. We also sailed her for the itinerary and I would do it again, because it was a great itinerary!

To be fair, UMASS doesn't need to be playing the Pats for that analogy to hold true. ;):D