Alaska planning - is there a preferred itinerary ?

abelthi

Hello fellow cruisers !

Looking at various cruiselines, they offer different itineraries. Knowing it's maybe somewhat suggestive, is there a preferred itinerary ? Are there any "not to be missed" ?

Tracy Arm Fjord

Hubbard Glacier

Icy Strait

Glacier Bay N.P.

Thank you for any tips !

Hello fellow cruisers !

Looking at various cruiselines, they offer different itineraries. Knowing it's maybe somewhat suggestive, is there a preferred itinerary ? Are there any "not to be missed" ?

Tracy Arm Fjord

Hubbard Glacier

Icy Strait

Glacier Bay N.P.

Thank you for any tips !

You will get 10 opinions from 5 respondents. However mine is Glacier - 1; Hubbard - 2; Tracy - 3; Icy - 4. I should add that we did Tracy on a small boat cruise that got us really really close to the glacier and we stayed there for along time.

DON

Glacier seekers should get Glacier Bay over Tracy Arm.

Some HAL & Princess Glacier Bay cruises offer a mid-cruise excursion to Tracy Arm (while en-route to Juneau). This is the preferred way to see BOTH glacier sites.

In terms of itinerary. First decide do you want to or not spend time in Alaska on land before or after the cruise. If so consider a north or south bound voyage.

If not consider a R/T Vancouver or Seattle Voyage.

Personally I prefer Vancouver R/T over Seattle R/T

There is lots to see and that is why many of us return many times. You won't see it all the first time.

Yes, I do think it is great to see Glacier Bay so if you can all the better.

Keith

You will get 10 opinions from 5 respondents. However mine is Glacier - 1; Hubbard - 2; Tracy - 3; Icy - 4. I should add that we did Tracy on a small boat cruise that got us really really close to the glacier and we stayed there for along time.

DON

Don is right about the multiple answers, but I think the majority will say Glacier Bay is the preferred #1 in terms itinerary, which I agree with and then it's Tracy Arm Fjord at #2. I have no opinion about Hubbard or ICP since I've yet to visit there. :)