A real 1st world problem

I have been lucky enough to snag a complementary 4 night cruise on Adventure of the seas. Wow I hear you say. This is where the problem is though, it is going out of Seattle, I live in Spain and my cruise buddy lives in Australia. I am struggling to justify the price of the flights (700$ each) just for 4 nights. It breaks my heart but I think I will have to give it up :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Understand what a bummer the cost of getting to the ship is! Any chance of combining the cruise with a few days in Seattle? It is a great city with lots to see and do. Could justify the air fare cost.

I have been lucky enough to snag a complementary 4 night cruise on Adventure of the seas. Wow I hear you say. This is where the problem is though, it is going out of Seattle, I live in Spain and my cruise buddy lives in Australia. I am struggling to justify the price of the flights (700$ each) just for 4 nights. It breaks my heart but I think I will have to give it up :(

When is Adventure in Seattle?

Seattle is a terrific albeit slightly chilly city-- you can ferry over to Bainbridge island and ride bikes or scooters there--restaurant scene in Seattle is vibrant--everything from terrific cajun/New Orleans style to the best and freshest seafood anywhere is available and the nightlife/club scene is good.

What could be better than friends from Aussie land and Spain meeting up for a long weekend in Seattle and 4 day cruise?

Edited by Hotel CA

Understand what a bummer the cost of getting to the ship is! Any chance of combining the cruise with a few days in Seattle? It is a great city with lots to see and do. Could justify the air fare cost.

That is the only way I would do it. Too much cost, too much flying time and jet lag for just a 4-day cruise. I would have to spend some time before and/or after the cruise in Seattle.

I wish Adventure was going to go out of Seattle, or anywhere on the west coast. I think she's firmly rooted in San Juan for a while.

Tom

Thank-you Carol, I thought some new itineraries had been announced.

Seattle is a wonderful city. Vibrant downtown, plenty to see and do. If you can swing it as a girl's night out in Seattle with a free cruise thrown in, it would be memorable. Are port tax and gratuities included?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will probably have to pay taxes, port fees and gratuities on top of airfare and probably a night in a hotel. Usually when one wins a cruise, these costs are not included.

The cruise tickets are probably LESS than all of the costs above. I would pass.

I have been lucky enough to snag a complementary 4 night cruise on Adventure of the seas....

"Snag". "Complimentary". We need more details. :D Unless someone you know actually said, "Here - go in my place.", there is no snag or complimentary. Can you tell us more? Just curious.

I would also not fly that far for a 4 nighter. If it were reversed, I'm not too sure many North Americans would travel to Spain for a 4 nighter. *shrug*

I play MyVegas on Facebook and earn loyalty points just for playing. Royal Caribbean are a partner and release a limited number of complimentary cruises as well as discounts on cruises which you can "purchase" for loyalty points.

Normally I miss the complimentary cruises but I saw the title come up and bought it quickly before I even read where it was from. It was only after I had got it that I had to look up where Victoria B.C. was

Totally not worth it. Any cruise they're giving away free is gonna end up costing you more money than you think with all the extra fees. You probably also have to pay tips & taxes. Save your $700 plane fare for a trip you actually research and choose because you like it, not because someone offered you something that they have a hard time selling. If they could get good money for that trip, they wouldn't give it away.

I play MyVegas on Facebook and earn loyalty points just for playing. Royal Caribbean are a partner and release a limited number of complimentary cruises as well as discounts on cruises which you can "purchase" for loyalty points.

Normally I miss the complimentary cruises but I saw the title come up and bought it quickly before I even read where it was from. It was only after I had got it that I had to look up where Victoria B.C. was

Wait, are RCI rewards back on My Vegas? This is news to me!