How does Celebrity handle B2B cruises

cruise101

We are booked on 2 B2B cruises (Mediteranean followed by a TA). Unfortunately, we were unable to secure the same cabin for both cruises. Can someone who has been in a similar situation please help us understand how Celebrity handles B2B. Having never done a B2B cruise, I am specifically interested in answers to the following:

1. Do you need to pack all your luggage at the end of the first cruise and if so do you move the luggage to your next cabin yourself or does the ship crew take care of that?

2. Do you have to get off the ship, then re-check-in at the port for the 2nd cruise. If not, how do you get your SeaPass for the 2nd cruise?

3. If you have a balance on your Shipboard credit account at the end of your first cruise, can you transfer it on to your next sailing?

Any other advice/guidance based on your own personal experience would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

We are booked on 2 B2B cruises (Mediteranean followed by a TA). Unfortunately, we were unable to secure the same cabin for both cruises. Can someone who has been in a similar situation please help us understand how Celebrity handles B2B. Having never done a B2B cruise, I am specifically interested in answers to the following:

1. Do you need to pack all your luggage at the end of the first cruise and if so do you move the luggage to your next cabin yourself or does the ship crew take care of that?

2. Do you have to get off the ship, then re-check-in at the port for the 2nd cruise. If not, how do you get your SeaPass for the 2nd cruise?

3. If you have a balance on your Shipboard credit account at the end of your first cruise, can you transfer it on to your next sailing?

Any other advice/guidance based on your own personal experience would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

The things on hangers can stay on hangers. Everything else has to be packed. Remind your room steward you are doing a B2B and have to change cabins. He will handle the move.

You have to temporarily get off the ship. If you aren't doing tours or anything all the people who want to stay on the ship will meet , probably in the theater because of the number of people who do a transatlantic also make it a B2B. After eyerybody else is off, usually about 9:30 am., someone will come and take you off the ship. Once off the ship, and they get their 0 count, you will be given your new seapass cards are allowed back on the ship before general boarding.

All accounts are closed after the first leg and new ones are started. It is actually two different cruises. Nothing can be transferred.

A day or two before the end of the first cruise, you will get a letter explaining the procedure to you.

Easy peasy, we are doing the exactly the same thing as we leave on our transatlantic leg, on the Silhouette, Sunday.

Since we live in the interior of Alaska and thus fly to every embarkation port we almost always do B2B or B2B2B cruises. Just seems like a more efficient use of air fare cost.

The number of B2B passengers between legs has ranged from about 12 to over 500 on our cruises. The manner in which the turnaround day is handled varies greatly. For example, sometimes we have had to physically leave the ship for a brief time while other times those who wanted could stay onboard remained onboard the entire time and didn't have to leave the ship even for the briefest period of time. There may or may not be a meeting for B2B passengers to discuss the turnaround day. Where and when you receive your new sea pass card will vary. The turnaround procedures will be explained in a succinct letter delivered to your stateroom when the passengers who will be departing receive their disembarkation packets. If you have any questions just contact Guest Relations.

But the fact that Celebrity views each leg as a separate cruise for accounting purposes will not vary. There will be no carry over of unused OBC or unused internet minutes between legs. Even those staying in the same stateroom will receive a new sea pass card. You will receive a "transit card" to avoid lines if you decide to leave the ship on turnaround day (which we almost always do).

Moving to a new stateroom is not a difficult process but it does help to meet the stateroom attendant for your new room. You will have to deal with the contents of the safe, but items on hangers will be moved by stateroom attendants using a "bellman style" cart. You will also have to pack the small items from drawers and so forth. We generally just put them in our suitcases, but housekeeping can provide small plastic bags.

• Like 1

On Solstice last month they asked those who had to move rooms to pack up EVERYTHING; over 1000 on the B2B, not sure how many had to change rooms but I didn't. I had friends who were able to arrange with their room steward to keep their items on the hangers.

As the previous posters have said, they will move your stuff. Everything needs to be packed except clothing on hangers.

In some ports (including all US ports) you will need to briefly get of the ship together with other back to back guests so for Immigration/Customs reasons the ship can achieve what's called "0 count". In other ports, including most EU ports, this is not necessary.

You will receive a detailed letter explaining the relevant procedures.

Note that you can't transfer Internet minutes, on board credit, etc. to the second segment.

On Solstice last month they asked those who had to move rooms to pack up EVERYTHING; over 1000 on the B2B, not sure how many had to change rooms but I didn't. I had friends who were able to arrange with their room steward to keep their items on the hangers.

In addition to having to pack everything if moving cabins we all had to exit the ship and could not return until 11. So procedures can vary based on the number of B2B cruisers and the country regulations.

Hi Linda!

You are doing 2 consecutive cruises - Back to Back. We will keep to English as the only words I know in German is nicht verstain.

Thanks....English is generally fine for me, only some abbreviations used here in the forums make me guess what they are talking about...:confused:

By the way: Nicht verstehen....:D

I read here recently that X is now doing an MDR lunch for B2B pax...can anyone confirm this?

What they did on Solstice was to hold 3 invite only lunches in the MDR for those on B2B on separate sea days thereby splitting us up into more manageable groups. Was a beautiful, extensive buffet.

I read here recently that X is now doing an MDR lunch for B2B pax...can anyone confirm this?

We did a B2B on the Silhouette in December and we got a free lunch in Blu on the turnaround day. It probably depends on how many people are doing it. I can't imagine them doing it when there is a transatlantic involved as there are usually several hundred doing the B2B.

We did a B2B on the Silhouette in December and we got a free lunch in Blu on the turnaround day. It probably depends on how many people are doing it. I can't imagine them doing it when there is a transatlantic involved as there are usually several hundred doing the B2B.

I am doing an Alaskan B2B on Solstice with the identical itinerary so I doubt there will be many of us and hopefully a B2B lunch in Blu will be available!

On our 2014 b2b, there were over 300 doing the b2b. Celebrity Equinox had a very nice lunch in the MDR for us. On the 2015 Equinox and 2016 Eclipse b2b's they gave us coupons for a free lunch in Bistro on 5; the 2015 cruise had about 110 and the 2016 had 12. I believe whatever they do depends on the size of the group.

Hope this helps.

For several years a lunch (either in the MDR or vouchers for Bistro on 5) for B2B passengers was rare, but it seems to me that in the last two years or so they have become more common. We were on a B2B2B series last fall on the Equinox and lunches were offered on both turnaround days. We also did a B2B2B series last spring on the Infinity and again lunches were offered on both turnaround days for those who opted to remain on-board.

We did a b2b on the Summit and had to change cabins. Fortunately we just had to move next door.

Most of what has been said we can verify but let me caution you to make sure you take the responsibility to move the contents of the safe AND double check the drawers and closets. This could be a little tricky if you do not have the same stateroom attendants and/or the move takes place when you are away from your first cabin.

Our large group of b2b'ers were processed in the lounge - not off the ship. Those who had signed up for an excursion were processed in another location and whisked off the ship.

We had a relaxing lunch in the MDR.

I was pleasantly impressed at how easy the turn. Around was for my b2b on the Summit. We did not leave the ship. We met in a lounge, turned in our old seapasses, received our new seapasses, had our passports checked, took a new photo, and left. It took about 10 minutes. B2b is good and bad. The second cruise is a rerun of the first. Same entertainment, same menus, etc.

plan your specialty dining for the 2nd cruise to break up the same old stuff. If you take a long time in a specialty restaurant, you won't mind missing a show.

We did a back to back on the Reflection a couple weeks ago. In addition to what everybody else has said there was a special meeting for us during the first week with champagne to explain the process. We also got invited to the helipad for sail away. Our room Stewards had communicated about us apparently which was a nice touch.

All in all I was really surprised at how special Celebrity tried to make us feel about doing a back to back!

We too were changing cabins and as we were waiting we saw our clothes on hangers being moved on the see-through elevators which we thought was funny:)!

Did a B to B in March from Buenos Aires to Miami.

Towards the end of the first cruise, we had a letter inviting us to a meeting in the Theatre to explain how things would happen.

After confirming your cabin number and that you were actually doing a B to B we were given a glass of champagne .( nice touch :))

On the change over morning, we had to go to the Constellation Lounge between 7am and 9am BEFORE getting off the ship , to get our new sea passes and security photos retaken.

I asked to keep my old sea pass and was told that I could not have it that day, but it would be returned to me, and it was , last day of the second cruise.

There was a special lunch in MDR , but most of us were out exploring Valparaiso.

Interesting thread. We were B2B2B a couple of years ago on the Solstice from Sydney to Seattle, and there was nothing planned for the change over days. Also on a B2B last year on the Equinox from Barcelona to Greece, back to Barcelona and on the TA to Ft. L. Again, nothing planned by =X= for the change over day. We have another B2B planned for this year, and it'll be interesting to see if there's lunch or something planned for the change over day.

How do you go on if you want to do your own tour on the changeover day?

We are looking at doing a tour in Sydney after our Australia cruise before going on to New Zealand. What time will we be able to leave the ship and would we be expected to reboa red at a specific time. ??

How do you go on if you want to do your own tour on the changeover day?

We are looking at doing a tour in Sydney after our Australia cruise before going on to New Zealand. What time will we be able to leave the ship and would we be expected to reboa red at a specific time. ??

We got our new sea passes between 7am and 9am and I had arranged a private walking tour for 12 of us in Valparaiso at 9 30am.

We met at the Martini Bar at 9am and walked off in plenty of time.

We were told we could come back anytime, bypass the check in line and go straight to security.

I am not sure you could go back to your cabin as they were all closed off, all announcements said you could make yourself comfortable in any of the Public lounges .

We were told the latest time to be back as we had to do Muster Drill again, that will all depend on what time you are sailing at.

Edited by sentosa25
sp