DVD Players on the Caribbean Princess

Jules59

Hi. I'm posting this for some friends of ours.Do any of you know if the Caribbean Princess has DVD players for rent or do you need to bring your own? Are the TV's ready to be hooked up to one? Thanks much!

Hi. I'm posting this for some friends of ours.Do any of you know if the Caribbean Princess has DVD players for rent or do you need to bring your own? Are the TV's ready to be hooked up to one? Thanks much!

No DVD players in the regular cabins (possibly in the full suites). You can play through the TV's from a laptop or tablet by connecting with an HDMI cable, similar to the Emerald.

For most cabins the TVs on the CB are mounted on a shelf and fastened down so they cannot be moved. You can get some side to side movement of the TV screen so that you can reach behind and plug in a HDMI cable but it has to be done by the "braille" method meaning you can feel the port but cannot see it. Small arms and hands are the best way to hook up the HDMI cable.

For most cabins the TVs on the CB are mounted on a shelf and fastened down so they cannot be moved. You can get some side to side movement of the TV screen so that you can reach behind and plug in a HDMI cable but it has to be done by the "braille" method meaning you can feel the port but cannot see it. Small arms and hands are the best way to hook up the HDMI cable.

Or you can use your cell phone as a mirror by acting as if you are taking a selfie of the back of the flat screen TVs.

The Royal, Regal and Sapphire have hundreds of movies and shows on demand on the TV. No charge. Including recent movies.

Hi Pam,

We enjoyed a few new movies last year on the Regal. They did have a good selection of different types of show/movies. However I can't remember if we had a way to listen to our own music disc. Would you know if this is possible in the OS in the Regal? We leave in a few weeks and playing music we enjoy quietly while we dress or just take a break would be nice on this active trip.

Thanks again for all your hints, tips and answers through the years.

Laura

Hi Pam,

We enjoyed a few new movies last year on the Regal. They did have a good selection of different types of show/movies. However I can't remember if we had a way to listen to our own music disc. Would you know if this is possible in the OS in the Regal? We leave in a few weeks and playing music we enjoy quietly while we dress or just take a break would be nice on this active trip.

Thanks again for all your hints, tips and answers through the years.

Laura

It can be done but they make it so much of a hassle they you'd be better off bringing a set of external speakers to use with your phone or iPod.

We took our own DVD player on our recent NZ cruise. We had no problems hooking it up, but I forgot to bring a universal remote to change the input on the tv. That's something else for me to pick up and store in the 'vacation electronics' box. We couldn't use it onboard with the tv, but we used it a lot during our pre/post cruise time.