Swimwear

Mahzish

Posting here for Disney-specific responses.

We're leaving on our first ever Disney cruise in 2 weeks (excited!!!!). I'm trying to figure out the most comfortable/modest swimwear - without drawing strange looks from others.

What are my options? For pools on land, I wear a rash guard top with knee-length bottoms or a one-piece swimsuit with board shorts. What do people usually wear in the pools on the ship?

What are my options for the beach? We don't have any excursions planned, but we will be spending time at the beach on port days.

Thanks!

People wear literally anything. The only requirement is that females have something on top and bottom and males have something on the bottom. We've seen things so skimpy that children commented on them as well as things that were very modest to our way of thinking.

Bottom line--only you care what you are wearing. You won't be diving, so that worry doesn't exist. I'd suggest that you be comfortable with yourself and your clothing.

Pools vs. beaches, no real difference. I take an old t-shirt to put on over my suit at the beach for sun protection while snorkeling. It only took one time of that burn to learn that sunscreen isn't sufficient! If the shirt gets ruined, no real loss. If it survives till the next trip, that's ok too.

Posting here for Disney-specific responses.

We're leaving on our first ever Disney cruise in 2 weeks (excited!!!!). I'm trying to figure out the most comfortable/modest swimwear - without drawing strange looks from others.

What are my options? For pools on land, I wear a rash guard top with knee-length bottoms or a one-piece swimsuit with board shorts. What do people usually wear in the pools on the ship?

What are my options for the beach? We don't have any excursions planned, but we will be spending time at the beach on port days.

Thanks!

I'd suggest you wear whatever makes you the most comfortable. As long as you have something on, you're good. You'll see all manner of dress at the pool, seriously -

vdpsaq.jpg

Edited by Shmoo here

Last summer I wore a long sleeve rash guard and swim skirt most days. I'm very fair skinned and my new friend "post pregnancy abdominal skin" is better off under cover. :p I found this more comfortable walking around the ship and supervising my daughter in the splash area too. If say at least half the other moms were dressed similarly.

On Cadtaway where I was really swimming though, I wore a normal one piece.