Luggage Tags snt

SetU2

Despite reading of all the problems with luggage tags, I decided to try requesting via the website for my May 13th cruise. Received them today without any kind of follow up. Maybe website request is fixed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The website says that luggage tags are unavailable for my May 27th cruise both the type I can order and the ones to print myself - however others on the same cruise have been able to order theirs. Captain's Club has no idea why as my online checkin has been complete for some time. So I wait. :mad:

I ordered ours in February. Never arrived. Many on our roll call noted non receipt. Really simple - give it one try and then forget ordering as they will tag em at the curb.

Not going to happen! I don't mind printing mine off - although who doesn't love to get the nice ones in the mail. However I will NOT have them tagged at the curb - it can be chaotic and I would find that not having tags would just add to what for me is always a stressful day.

You certainly sound adamant. Do not want you to be stressed about having someone else putting a tag onto you bags. Need to relax and think about sitting on the deck watching the ocean go by.

My reason for not using the paper ones is have seen too many of them torn off unless you put into a luggage holder. That is an even bigger hassle.

You certainly sound adamant. Do not want you to be stressed about having someone else putting a tag onto you bags. Need to relax and think about sitting on the deck watching the ocean go by.

My reason for not using the paper ones is have seen too many of them torn off unless you put into a luggage holder. That is an even bigger hassle.

:o Sorry! I guess it is just frustrating to me that I can book a cruise over 2 years ago, pay a good deal of money and they have trouble with the luggage tags. Jeez.

I've still got plenty of time - so I hope they get it sorted out.

Someone on our role call phoned Celebrity UK about lateness of tags.

They were told that tags will no longer be sent out in the UK.

The reason given is that Celebrity wants to go "green"!

It would be nice if Celebrity either emailed us this information or put it on the website. We are still waiting for e-docs to be sent with just 6 weeks to go before departure. Maybe e-docs will be omitted as well.

At least now I will not wait for the tags as well.

Edited by Solon

:o Sorry! I guess it is just frustrating to me that I can book a cruise over 2 years ago, pay a good deal of money and they have trouble with the luggage tags. Jeez.

I've still got plenty of time - so I hope they get it sorted out.

Jane - definitely not worth 5 minutes and certainly no stress. Celebrity is according to Miami discontinuing sending out luggage tags. Most cruise lines do not send anything out and printing and stapling a sheet of paper to the handle is asking for it to be ripped off during handling.

My solution and it provides no hassle to my wife or self and takes only 1 minute in total

#1 - Order the tags on line

#2 - Write Cabin # XXXX on a piece of masking tape and stick it to the top of my bag. That way the correct cabin is listed if the tag comes off

#3 - If the stupid tag comes it comes. If not it is not worth a phone call or anything. I give the porter $1 a bag anyway and they put a tag on them if not already there.

Edited by az_tchr

Despite reading of all the problems with luggage tags, I decided to try requesting via the website for my May 13th cruise. Received them today without any kind of follow up. Maybe website request is fixed?

Congratulations! Working - as it should! Enjoy your cruise. :)

I ordered tags for our 5/13/16 Solstice cruise about 2 weeks ago. Haven't arrived yet. If they fail to arrive, Plan B is to print them from Celebrity's website. Someone advised to cover these paper tags with clear packing tape. Punch a hole at each end, attached each tag to your luggage and close the ends with a ty-wrap...problem solved!! This works well just prior to arriving at the embarkation port. My plan is to attach them once we retrieve our luggage from airport baggage claim while waiting for ground transportation to the port.

I ordered tags for our 5/13/16 Solstice cruise about 2 weeks ago. Haven't arrived yet. If they fail to arrive, Plan B is to print them from Celebrity's website. Someone advised to cover these paper tags with clear packing tape. Punch a hole at each end, attached each tag to your luggage and close the ends with a ty-wrap...problem solved!! This works well just prior to arriving at the embarkation port. My plan is to attach them once we retrieve our luggage from airport baggage claim while waiting for ground transportation to the port.

Exactly what we have done our last 2 cruises. Why all the worry of not getting them in the mail. If your not comfortable with having a porter put them on then do as stated above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Received our tags today for our 5/15 cruise to Bermuda on the Summit.

Perhaps I wasn't clear but I am unable at this point to get ANY luggage tags. It will not allow me to print them and after calling Captain's Club it will not allow them to send any.

They and I only get a message that they are "not available yet" despite others on the same cruise being able to order theirs.

Edited by Jane2357

Perhaps I wasn't clear but I am unable at this point to get ANY luggage tags. It will not allow me to print them and after calling Captain's Club it will not allow them to send any.

They and I only get a message that they are "not available yet" despite others on the same cruise being able to order theirs.

Once you are able to print out your "TICKET BOOKLET" (not check-in document) there will (should) be a small window on the lower left of the screen for ordering your tags. It may take a few days but the tag option will be there.

Your "GUEST TICKET BOOKLET" will have the luggage tag printed on the last page, not your check-in docs.

Never had a problem in 16 years either getting the old bound booklets or the luggage tags more recently.

They may be hesitant to send them out until very close to sailing to avoid problems if cabins have to be changed for any number or reasons like last minute cancellations which could mean upgrades.

OMO

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Where is the link to the "Ticket Booklet"? I am not seeing that anyplace. I've cruised X several times and have never had this issue. Others that are my same cruise and also have cruise tours afterwards are not having this issue.

Actually it is strangely showing that we have negative $175. credit ???? Not sure why. I wonder if for some reason our Ticket Booklet hasn't been issued yet? And why?

Edited by Jane2357

Where is the link to the "Ticket Booklet"? I am not seeing that anyplace. I've cruised X several times and have never had this issue. Others that are my same cruise and also have cruise tours afterwards are not having this issue.

Actually it is strangely showing that we have negative $175. credit ???? Not sure why. I wonder if for some reason our Ticket Booklet hasn't been issued yet? And why?

When you log on, go to Manage My Cruise, then scroll to the bottom of the page. It will tell you if your luggage tags and documents are ready yet. Mine were ready at 46 days prior to this cruise.

Well after speaking to the Captain's Club - for the 3rd time - we have found the problem because a) I'm within the time frame b) my travel info has been 100% completed for months c) final payment was made long ago

THEY have a glitch on their end that can not be fixed till Monday. Due to us getting free gratuities - they somehow gave us an extra $175 dollar credit - which throws off the whole thing off and thus - OUR CRUISE BOOKLET IS HELD IN LIMBO.

Strangely they were not able to see the credit without further digging and it didn't show up on my Booking Confirmation - only under the Payments page.

Glad I didn't just "keep waiting" like they suggested or it would have never been taken care of. They promise to call me back by late Monday - and I'll be back on the phone Tuesday if it isn't fixed.

Well after speaking to the Captain's Club - for the 3rd time - we have found the problem because a) I'm within the time frame b) my travel info has been 100% completed for months c) final payment was made long ago

THEY have a glitch on their end that can not be fixed till Monday. Due to us getting free gratuities - they somehow gave us an extra $175 dollar credit - which throws off the whole thing off and thus - OUR CRUISE BOOKLET IS HELD IN LIMBO.

Strangely they were not able to see the credit without further digging and it didn't show up on my Booking Confirmation - only under the Payments page.

Glad I didn't just "keep waiting" like they suggested or it would have never been taken care of. They promise to call me back by late Monday - and I'll be back on the phone Tuesday if it isn't fixed.

Happy to see you have got a handle on your situation. I am sure that your cruise will be the best ever.

bosco