Itinery Arrival and Departure times

The Med

I think they used to refuel there, but how should one put it....slight short changing going on, so P and O do not refuel there any more.

So I guess its more of a quick stock up of drink, tour around the island, and homeward bound.

The number of times we have been there now, we don't really need a full day there, I would guess that may apply to quite a few people.

P&O tends to bunker at Lisbon or Vigo, the stop at Gibraltar is usually for duty free reasons.

You would be amazed at what you can do in Gibraltar, its more than Casement square, there are beaches, views and history are in abundance.

P&O tends to bunker at Lisbon or Vigo, the stop at Gibraltar is usually for duty free reasons.

You would be amazed at what you can do in Gibraltar, its more than Casement square, there are beaches, views and history are in abundance.

My understanding is that Gibraltar stops are to qualify for a non EU port visit thereby ensuring that EU vat does not need to be applied to onboard purchases; and the reason for the half day stops is for the cruise line industry to maximise the number of ships that can call at Gibraltar.

So in this case P&O is squeaky clean, it is not short changing passengers, nor is it to save on port charges.

OMG I am starting to sound like Dai.;):rolleyes:

Bergen. On the fenuncular to Mount Floyan. Havent booked, thought we might just get off the ship early and leg it down there. Is this advisable or should we book? Then a wander round the town.

When we went to Bergen last year, I booked tickets before we went at: https://floibanen.skiperformance.com/shop/en/store

You just choose the day you will be in port and then print off your tickets to take with you. Then you can effectively skip the ticket queue and they scan the barcode on the ticket.

Hope that helps.

When we went to Bergen last year, I booked tickets before we went at: https://floibanen.skiperformance.com/shop/en/store

You just choose the day you will be in port and then print off your tickets to take with you. Then you can effectively skip the ticket queue and they scan the barcode on the ticket.

Hope that helps.

We did that too......we must have saved best part of half an hour's queuing for tickets. Great views from the top.

Depends a bit on how fit you are. If you allow an hour walking at a reasonable pace that should be Ok. Unless you like to stop a lot on the way.....or walk slowly!

Yes, I would agree with that - I will be trying it out in four and a half weeks time, so will report back if that is in time for you?

No, it is just for the day so you can go up any time. There were loads of people waiting for the return trip, so it really is a good idea to walk if you are able to. You get some nice views on the way down too and arrive back in the back streets in town near to the furnicular. There is a cafe up at the top and free toilets if that helps your plans lol.

There are signs to the way down to town but you do have to look around for them, but there are plenty of people going. The track is sandy in places and on a slope obviously, so wear sensible footwear. Also take your sun cream as you can be quite exposed at the top.

I have been before when we got our tickets at the tourist office and then went up in the morning before it got too busy. However this time I have got them on line. It was so so easy. Can't remember exactly how much it cost, but it was only the equivalent of about £7 I think.

And with a ticket, you just walk past all the people qeueing. When we were there it got really busy towards and after lunch - so we went earlier on.

Edited by Scriv

Depends a bit on how fit you are. If you allow an hour walking at a reasonable pace that should be Ok. Unless you like to stop a lot on the way.....or walk slowly!

Yes, I would agree with that - I will be trying it out in four and a half weeks time, so will report back if that is in time for you?

Thank-you, that seems like a great day out. We've been on the funicular before but didn't do the walk. I think I may even buy stuff in the shop for a picnic on the way down. Weather permitting of course.