Itinery Arrival and Departure times

The Med

The bus stop is allegedly just on the road by where the ship docks.

See Roll Call Azura 612 for a discussion on this and more - may be of interest to you.

Thank you.

Just been and had a look and found it useful. :)

We are both pondering the same things I think lol. I think we have decided to try to get on the public bus in Olden and if there are issues, to go for the minibus Glacier Express.

Can't decide on what to do in Flam though - and whether getting back at 15 40 is a problem, though people don't seem to think so.

:)

When we went to Bergen we were docked in a commercial port where we were not allowed to make our own way out (even walking to the shuttle buses was strictly controlled) - we had to get a P&O shuttle into town. It was a 10-15 minute drive anyway, we were dropped off in the central square with fountain for Bergen. It is surrounded by the museums, shops, etc. 5-10 minutes walk from here to Bryggen and the fish market., 5-10 minutes walk to the funicular. The journey in the funicular takes about 5 minutes; we queued for about 20 mins, but then we were late getting there as we waited to meet up with my cousin and husband who, by coincidence, were in port on Queen Victoria on the same day.

P and O don't give arrival/departure times. you are just given arrive early morning, leave late afternoon sort of thing...........

P&O definitely standout as being the only cruise line that fails to notify prospective passengers of their itinerary times. Why should anyone book a journey without knowing when they are going to arrive and depart, I hope they tell the Captain or maybe they keep him in the dark as well.

What a shambles, the more I read about P&O the more I regret ever booking with them, you live and learn as they say, never again I expect.

P&O definitely standout as being the only cruise line that fails to notify prospective passengers of their itinerary times. Why should anyone book a journey without knowing when they are going to arrive and depart, I hope they tell the Captain or maybe they keep him in the dark as well.

What a shambles, the more I read about P&O the more I regret ever booking with them, you live and learn as they say, never again I expect.

Totally agree. I have contacted P&O and they are unable to tell me definitely.

45 days out and although they now know the set sail time from Southampton (16:30), the arrival and departure times at ports of call are 'early morning' and 'late afternoon'. Arrival time back into Southampton at the end of the cruise means passenger are expected to be able to disembark at 08:00 with the final leaving no later than 10:30, still no definite time of docking.

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/P&O_Cruises/Aurora

go to cruiseTT.com click ships select PO and choose your ship then click on May 17 you should get accurate PLANNED times

Thanks, also, for this link. I also had this problem for our Azura cruise, and have found times for these. Thanks for solving this. We have previously been given these times when booking on other cruise lines.

The most accurate are the actual ports themselves. I just type into Google "cruise ship schedule copenhagen" as an example.

I agree that's possible but surely the company you've booked with should be capable of listing your itinerary instead of you having to search each port on the internet.

If I booked flights, hotel, car rental and said to my clients your flight leaves in the morning, lands in your destination midday, and your return takes off in the afternoon and lands in the evening, please check with the airline there'd be uproar. We ensure that a full itinerary is provided with full details including times.

Pete, I have to agree with you, but actually I have exactly the same with my Fred Olsen cruise in two weeks time.

Thu 05

Early AM

Late Night

Hamburg

Fri 06

Late Night

Late AM

Hamburg

Sat 07

Early PM

Early AM

Copenhagen

Sun 08

Late Night

Late PM

Copenhagen

Mon 09

Early AM

Early PM

Cruising Oslofjord

Mon 09 to Tue 10

Early PM

Late PM

Oslo, Norway

Tu

P&O do not standout as being the only cruise line that fails to notify passengers of their itinerary times as Cunard do the same.

Pete, I have to agree with you, but actually I have exactly the same with my Fred Olsen cruise in two weeks time.
Wow, I can't believe it, they must know the timings. I know they can change, but that's down to events on the day most likely.

They do it to make it as hard as possible to book private tours, so you then have to book theirs. Of course they know when they're going to arrive or leave, how do you think they arrange their tours. It's all done to make them more money. All other cruiselines publish times when the cruises are released for sale. So no reason why P&O can't, unless it benefits them not too.

P&O do not standout as being the only cruise line that fails to notify passengers of their itinerary times as Cunard do the same.

What have Cunard got too gain by lowering their standards to that of P&O ?

P&O will only give you arrival and departure times if you choose SELECT FARE, that is one of the perks of the inflated price.

Otherwise you will be kept in the dark until you board, then they may tell you but it is not guaranteed, the Captain will announce the times after he arrives to limit the forever rising complaints.

It is guaranteed when you board, its on the TV....

Not sure select fares get the info either, I asked on the P&O Facebook page why they don't publish them and the answer was to avoid disappointment. Ironic really

I think Newport Dave has the reason why they don't publish them.

On our Ventura 28 night Caribbean cruise I went to reception on day 2 to ask if they had a list of formal nights so we could plan which to skip.

I was very pleased to be given a spreadsheet for the entire cruise showing sea days, ports, arrival and departure times, evening dress codes, and the buffet themed dinners, which had the proviso that these could change and to check Horizon for accurate data.

Not sure if this is always available but I will be asking for one on all our future cruises.

As to why P&O do not provide port times in advance I have no idea, but it does lead you to suspect it may be to push passengers more towards P&O's shore excursions.

Like has already been said P&O are frustrating in not telling port times, another way to work them out is to dummy book their shore excursions on your cruise personaliser, might have to do a few, to work out their earliest one leaving and then the latest one getting back.