Drinks packages

Margber

Is the all inclusive drinks package on Sea Princess worth purchasing? I've googled and googled but can't find any menus.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You may also want to post this in the Princess forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

There will be more folks reading that forum that help with drink costs and breakeven amounts.

I have been told each of you must have 8 or 9 drinks a day to be worth it. I don't know about Princess but on some ship every one over 21 in a cabin MUST buy the package. You are the only one who can use it and the waiters make sure no one else does.

We don't drink beer and don't drink during the day so the package is not worth it for us. Our two drinks before dinner are $15 for both of us. We often order the house wine or gin & tonic. They are less $$$.

I bought the wine package once- 5 bottles. It was $115. I saw the wine I got in the SHIP'S candy shop for like $24 a bottle. But when I got home the same exact wine was on sale in Piggly Wiggly for $8.99! And a 15% tip was added to the cost of the package on our final bill. Never buying a package again! (I brought some bottle home!)

I have been told each of you must have 8 or 9 drinks a day to be worth it. I don't know about Princess but on some ship every one over 21 in a cabin MUST buy the package. You are the only one who can use it and the waiters make sure no one else does.

We don't drink beer and don't drink during the day so the package is not worth it for us. Our two drinks before dinner are $15 for both of us. We often order the house wine or gin & tonic. They are less $$$.

I bought the wine package once- 5 bottles. It was $115. I saw the wine I got in the SHIP'S candy shop for like $24 a bottle. But when I got home the same exact wine was on sale in Piggly Wiggly for $8.99! And a 15% tip was added to the cost of the package on our final bill. Never buying a package again! (I brought some bottle home!)

You really can't compare the cost of a bottle of wine in a cruise ship restaurant to the cost at t Piggly Wiggly at home. Try comparing it to a nice restaurant at home.

Is the all inclusive drinks package on Sea Princess worth purchasing? I've googled and googled but can't find any menus.

Have a look at this web site. :D

https://www.princesscruises.fr/en/holiday-princess/dining-options/beverage-packages

Cato :)

Edited by Donna’sMom&Dad

The wine in Piggly Wiggle was exactly the same bottles as what I got through my wine package! I was given coupons to use to get each bottle of wine on the ship. I did not have to get it in a restaurant or the MDR! Why can't I compare the price of the exact same wine and bottle size????

It comes down to what and how much of it you drink.

I ALWAYS get the soft drink package, but I drink a lot of Diet Coke.

Remember it includes some non alcoholic drinks too, so you don't need to be a booze hound. Four Cocktails a day gets you to break even, 5-6 glasses of wine will break even too. So really not a lot of drinking to make it value.

There are also two non $ factors

1. Not needing to worry about the bill, and will I have a drink or wait ans save $8

2. Trying something new without worrying about wasting money if you don't like it.