Dressing Up on Amazon

Canadian Sunset

There are lots of threads on clothing on Oceania. There's no difference with their dress code because of the itinerary. Oceania is country club casual all the time in the evening regardless where they cruise. Unless you're celebrating a special event, men don't wear suits on O. Some men will bring a sports coat to dine at Chez Jacques, because it is a more dressy atmosphere, but not every man does.

I was wondering how dressed up people got on the Miami - Miami cruise. Do men bother with jackets or suits or is it a much more casual type of cruise?

As noted by others, one of the best things about Oceania is that suits, jacket or ties are NEVER required - regardless of the itinerary.

They can be worn if desired but are never required - and I am all for that.:)

We were on the Amazon Adventure aboard the Regatta, November 2015, Miami to Miami.

For the speciality restaurants I had either blk slacks or capris with a nice top and husband had dress slacks with a long sleeve button down. He did not pack a sport coat or tie.

Grand dining room was the same attire.

We enjoyed the casual nature of the Terraces, and the ability to eat under the stars at the end of the day. Attire there was a longer short with polo shirt (husband) and bermuda shorts or skirt and casual top for me.

This is an awesome cruise....enjoy!!!!

No ties no suits no sneakers or flip flops shoes in the evening. A collared shirt is required but a polo or even a Hawaiian shirt will do. Jeans were not allowed in the MDR or specialty in the evening but I don't know if that has changed. You can where pretty much what you want in the Terrace cafe (no uncovered bathing suits). We pack ultra light since we travel before/after the cruise. Khakis worked fine in the restaurants. Oceania is going for neat and clean not formal.

I was wondering how dressed up people got on the Miami - Miami cruise. Do men bother with jackets or suits or is it a much more casual type of cruise?

As others have said, Oceania is casual. Not sloppy, just casual. Some men do wear jackets and ties (I've rarely seen suits but I won't say I've NEVER seen suits). But most don't.

A few years ago towards the beginning of a cruise we had dinner with a couple in the MDR and the other gentleman was wearing a suit. He looked around and asked us about the dress policy. It was news to him when I told him "country club casual, no suits required". We saw him the next night in Polo, and he was no longer wearing that suit!

Mura

My husband is thrilled that he doesn't have to take a suit, although he would have done so if necessary. Since retiring he only dresses up when necessary because he spent his working life wearing a shirt and tie.

Women are lucky because black pants and a nice top are acceptable almost anywhere and are light to pack.

We were recently on a Celebrity cruise and the young man at the table next to ours wore jeans every night and was accepted into the dining room without question. He was so charming and delighful that neither of us cared.

I take several ties and what some might regard as formal shirts , usually with cuffs for cuff links and at least a blazer and have in the past taken a suit. I also always wear proper shoes ,but then I have a shoe fetish , I think my wife also dresses very smartly . You wouldn't catch me in jeans for dinner or trainers let alone shorts. my wife can be very careful about her dress and has very strict limits and requirements , in her eyes some thing are just not done !

Seen some very odd dress in restaurants , 2 come to mind in Hotel in Malta , a very smart formal restaurant , one guy to say the least over weight (. Who am I to talk ) in a t shirt with the logo "who ate all of the pies " and another in the same place in jeans , sandals ( yes even worse he had socks on with sandals)

I just do not feel comfortable in a formal restaurant as one could consider the speciality restaurants, not to be properly dressed for the location. After all the staff have to wear a formal uniform and why should I not pay them just a little bit of respect and dress properly.

generally I think most dress reasonably , but there are the odd ones that maybe miss the mark a little bit in my opinion and should maybe just think a little bit. Seen one or two absolute disasters to !

Each to their own as long as the code such as it is , is applied , just my opinion

Edited by S2000ap1

I take several ties and what some might regard as formal shirts , usually with cuffs for cuff links and at least a blazer and have in the past taken a suit. I also always wear proper shoes ,but then I have a shoe fetish , I think my wife also dresses very smartly .

If you like to wear suits & ties you can but do not expect to see many others in them

Some wear a blazer, some wear a nice shirt & smart trousers to dinner

Although I did see a couple of people in jeans in the GDR & they were more casual & should have been turned away IMO