Oasis of the Seas Questions

DW, once a raving Carnival fan and now after recently cruising on the Independence liking RCCL, just booked us on the Oasis in January 2018.

Can past Oasis cruisers answer a some questions for me?

Is the Sports pool truly a lap swim pool in the morning? Crowded? Length of a lap? Rowing machine in the fitness center? Make/model?

Is there really a separate Dazzle bar on deck 9 aft? What available at and how crowded is the solarium?

I'll probably have a ton more questions but will try to follow reviews here first to see if any are covered. Long time til we embark.:eek:

I'm a terrible athlete because vacation means vacation from workouts too for me, so I can't answer your questions about the fitness equipment.

I can say the solarium gets a healthy inflow of people during the day, but I've never been unable to find 2 chairs together for myself and the SO. And it wasn't unusual to find those loveseat/papasan hybrid lounger things open as well.

The solarium at night is often a ghost town, very peaceful and relaxing.

Dazzles is a 2 story bar on decks 8 and 9 aft.

Can past Oasis cruisers answer a some questions for me?

Is the Sports pool truly a lap swim pool in the morning? Crowded? Length of a lap?

All of the pools are crowded except on a port day. The sports pool was used often for water volleyball or some similar games. I don't know about laps as it didn't seem very big to me and being in the smoking area we didn't spend much time over there.

You could probably do laps there early but they will be short.

I'm a terrible athlete because vacation means vacation from workouts too for me, so I can't answer your questions about the fitness equipment.

I can say the solarium gets a healthy inflow of people during the day, but I've never been unable to find 2 chairs together for myself and the SO. And it wasn't unusual to find those loveseat/papasan hybrid lounger things open as well.

The solarium at night is often a ghost town, very peaceful and relaxing.

Dazzles is a 2 story bar on decks 8 and 9 aft.

That's what I thought from the lay out. Entrance from both decks or just deck 8?

All of the pools are crowded except on a port day. The sports pool was used often for water volleyball or some similar games. I don't know about laps as it didn't seem very big to me and being in the smoking area we didn't spend much time over there.

You could probably do laps there early but they will be short.

Appreciate the response. In the one picture I sawit didn't look very large which is why I asked. I've practiced flip turns in hotel pools because that's about all you could do. :D But might bring my swim snorkel and float a bit.

Dazzles is a two-story bar and dance forum, with entrance available from both floors and usually has a great live band for several sessions in the evening. Great venue. Usually there is a "theme" for the music on several nights, ie Motown, Jackson, etc followed by normal dance music.

Solarium is adults only, has seating and small plunge pools to float a tad, more serene upscale atmosphere, two stories also. There's also Solarium Bistro, which is inckuded venue for breakfast and lunch, and available to the entire public and offers more healthy and lighter fare. At night, it transforms to Solarium Bistro, the specialty dining venue, which is our favorite onboard. Great, more eclectic and unique fare, lighter than other restaurants and lovely set up with white linen, candlelight, the water features, etc. Bison, ahi tuna, duck, etc..we usually eat there twice during the week

Can't help with land, but the pool is fairly small. Big enough for a pool volleyball game sith about 6 players on each side - if that helps. I seem to recall rowing machines in the gym, but couldn't begin to tell you the brand, etc.

Enjoy your sailing.

Sports pool is quiet in the morning, even on sea days. Usually the only other activity is the water aerobics class around 9/930 am. Watch the Cruise Compass for the class time.

This is my observation as well, at least on Allure. Though to the OP. At 6ft tall, I think I get 6-10 strokes before having to turn around.