Msc yacht club - live to bermuda

amscene1

Well most people browsing this board have bland (think 60+) taste buds. Is it better then Pizza Hut sure, but nowhere near great pizza, I really can't call it good. The pizza sauce was so sugary and the cheese falls right off. If you have had Steves pizza in Miami or SAMs in wildwood New Jersey you would understand what real pizza is. I had a discussion with 4-5 other gents in the yacht club all complaining about le muse, pizza and steakhouse.

As for the steakhouse, carnival, Ncl and royal all are above MSC. Come on people , a white ultra modern steakhouse with bright lighting and see-thru plastic seats ????????????

The bread they brought out tasted like it was off the shelf with nothing added. MSC almost messed up every single dish I had on that cruise.

Most people on here think " oh this is Italian food from real Italians so it must be good"

It's not, I would take the food on carnival every day over MSC. You can look in my cruise list, I think I know what I'm talking about. Your being tricked into thinking it's actually good.

Look, I'm not completely bashing the line, I will sail seaside when it debuts, most aspects I liked better then the Ncl Haven product but the food from my opinion to the other cruisers on board is horrible.

Even a certain (high ranking) officer was agreeing with us and laughing about it.

I have no problem speaking your mind. However, I do take issue with you saying we are being tricked that is good. My wife who is from Italy loves the food and pizza on MSC? Are all dishes home runs? No, but we found the food to better than the banquet food on NCL and holland America.

Look guys, all food is subjective, I consider myself a foodie and have been to a lot of great known restaurants and places to compare with. You don't have to agree with me and that's fine. I am however passionate about the way I portrait myself because when I have a bad meal (bad to me) it makes me angry.

That's all.

Edited by amscene1

We were on the Divina in December for 2 weeks and on the 4/9/16 Bermuda trip. We all thought the pizza was better in December. In Le Muse we had a mixed experience. Some evenings the food was very good, but on the second formal night, the lobster was terrible. It was way undercooked, essentially raw. I did talk to some people who loved it so I'm sure it wasn't all raw, but I talked to others who were served grossly undercooked lobster. I have a difficult time in Le Muse anyway. The menu is small and I am allergic to mammal meat so I am restricted to chicken or fish/seafood. I was hoping for chicken cacciatore or chicken parmesan etc. but chicken was pretty much a pan seared chicken breast. While there is nothing wrong with that, some variety would be nice. Besides, my pan seared chicken breast is better. :)Some of the seafood was very good, but more than once, mine was a little ripe if you know what I mean. We were three couples traveling together and those who had mammal meat had no complaints. One night everyone ordered surf and turf. I ordered the surf part. My shrimp looked beautiful. But it had large sections of mush. At first I thought maybe they had removed it from a surf and turf plate and got some mashed potato on it. I quickly realized that was not the case. I forced one down. Tried the second and it was the same so that was it for me. I don't even know how it is possible to cook shrimp like that unless it is spoiled. It did not have a spoiled odor or taste, but it was very unappetizing. Several times after lunch or dinner, we would make our way back to the Yacht Club via the buffet on deck fourteen because it was chilly and windy on deck fifteen and we didn't want to fight the crowds on deck seven. We saw many of the same dishes we were served in Le Muse. That surprised me a little. Still, the Yacht club is great and no one went hungry. We just got home today so I'll weigh tomorrow to face the results of just how much food I consumed. It isn't going to be pretty.

Look guys, all food is subjective, I consider myself a foodie and have been to a lot of great known restaurants and places to compare with. You don't have to agree with me and that's fine. I am however passionate about the way I portrait myself because when I have a bad meal (bad to me) it makes me angry.

That's all.

I have no problem with you providing insight. I would just refrain from calling us dupes. I have eaten at Joel Robuchon, French laundry etc. I would never equate cruise food to some of the finer food one finds on land. I have had some very good dishes but most are just good, and some are just bad. I have also found that food can be done very well on one cruise but then be somewhat disappointing on the next. I don't have high expectations so if the food is just decent, it won't ruin my cruise.

I have found that cruise lines are inconsistent with the quality of the food. We enjoyed our experience at Le Muse but we have only cruised once on MSC. We will be back in June so I will provide a report.

Two years ago we did a two week cruise with Celebrity. The first week the food was fine and was very consistent. The second week the food was very poor. In talking to the staff, we discovered that there had been a turnover in staff in Rome. Many of the chefs, including the executive chef, left the ship as their contracts had ended. One of the waiters we befriended admitted that it takes a little time for the consistency in the cooking to return whet there are big transitions.

Reading this and reading Maxwells review it would seem the food being considered to be below par is from the Yacht Club.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think I would agree with your analysis. My first cruise on the Divina was in April of 2014 and not yacht club. I found the regular dining room food to be on par with my most travelled cruise line, Princess. The buffet is superior to what I have experienced on Princess, NCL, and Carnival. There are a lot of vegetables which are limited on the other lines I've sailed to broccoli/cauliflower or something fried or in a heavy sauce.

Sorry never heard of pizza pie. In the UK we have pizza with different thickness of base or calzone which are the pizzas which fold in half with the filling . I will be looking for pizza pie when we arrive in Miami next week pre cruise to see what they are like and then see what the pizza is like onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What to call Pizza varies , originally from N.E. Pa. we always ordered a tray of Pizza, moving to N.Y. , I advised that do not give away the trays. As for the complainer who is just looking for attention, pay no heed.

I have no problem with you providing insight. I would just refrain from calling us dupes. I have eaten at Joel Robuchon, French laundry etc. I would never equate cruise food to some of the finer food one finds on land. I have had some very good dishes but most are just good, and some are just bad. I have also found that food can be done very well on one cruise but then be somewhat disappointing on the next. I don't have high expectations so if the food is just decent, it won't ruin my cruise.

It will almost ruin mine, that's why I am passionate in my responses and explanations, that's all

We were on the Divina in December for 2 weeks and on the 4/9/16 Bermuda trip. We all thought the pizza was better in December. In Le Muse we had a mixed experience. Some evenings the food was very good, but on the second formal night, the lobster was terrible. It was way undercooked, essentially raw. I did talk to some people who loved it so I'm sure it wasn't all raw, but I talked to others who were served grossly undercooked lobster. I have a difficult time in Le Muse anyway. The menu is small and I am allergic to mammal meat so I am restricted to chicken or fish/seafood. I was hoping for chicken cacciatore or chicken parmesan etc. but chicken was pretty much a pan seared chicken breast. While there is nothing wrong with that, some variety would be nice. Besides, my pan seared chicken breast is better. :)Some of the seafood was very good, but more than once, mine was a little ripe if you know what I mean. We were three couples traveling together and those who had mammal meat had no complaints. One night everyone ordered surf and turf. I ordered the surf part. My shrimp looked beautiful. But it had large sections of mush. At first I thought maybe they had removed it from a surf and turf plate and got some mashed potato on it. I quickly realized that was not the case. I forced one down. Tried the second and it was the same so that was it for me. I don't even know how it is possible to cook shrimp like that unless it is spoiled. It did not have a spoiled odor or taste, but it was very unappetizing. Several times after lunch or dinner, we would make our way back to the Yacht Club via the buffet on deck fourteen because it was chilly and windy on deck fifteen and we didn't want to fight the crowds on deck seven. We saw many of the same dishes we were served in Le Muse. That surprised me a little. Still, the Yacht club is great and no one went hungry. We just got home today so I'll weigh tomorrow to face the results of just how much food I consumed. It isn't going to be pretty.

Did you hear that people???? Dishes in le muse being served in the buffet lolololololol

It goes back to exactly what I said.

Hey, stupid American, here is some Italian food from a restaurant with a fancy name, choke it down! Isn't this ze best??????

Omg it's soooooooooo good. Hey look! There's my fish from le réfuse in the slop bucket in calumèt, (fancy buffet name) how fancy !!!!

Mmmmmm I'll have what he's having.

Did you hear that people???? Dishes in le muse being served in the buffet lolololololol

Hey, stupid American, here is some Italian food from a restaurant with a fancy name, choke it down! Isn't this ze best??????

Omg it's soooooooooo good. Hey look! There's my fish from le réfuse in the slop bucket in calumèt, (fancy buffet name) how fancy !!!!

You're not displaying passion.

You are displaying absurdity.

Enough of that......need info on departure from the yacht club, how does it work?

Boca,,,you'll be asked to leave your luggage out the night before unless you would like to do self assist. You can bring your bags down to the concierge desk on deck 15,,have some breakfast in the Top Sail Lounge. When you're ready to disembark,,your butler will accompany you to the gangway,,,and wish you safe travels!! :) Once you disembark the ship,,all Yacht Club luggage is in a seperate area away from the luggage carousels,,,you can pick up any luggage you left out the night before in that area.

Edited by Mikesa1721

Your comments are so ridiculous and off base !!!!!!!!!!!

Since you are comparing the pizza to places in Miami and New Jersey, I have to ask, have you ever been to Italy?

I have to chime in here. I am sailing from Miami on the 30th of July with my husband and son. We're booked in the Yacht Club and couldn't be more excited to spend a week with MSC. We're not as experienced as some cruisers (this will be our 4th in 15 years) but we are experienced travelers. In my opinion, I find that folks who complain about just about everything are "glass half empty" type people. Traveling is all about experiencing new things. The world is a big place with all sorts of personalities and ways of doing things. Learning to embrace and let things that might not fit your "way" roll off - gives way to moving forward and clearing the path to experience new wonderful things.

I feel that some negative reviews of MSC from experienced cruisers are folks who may be a tiny bit envious of the "new gal in town" and are really grasping at straws and picking her apart to make themselves feel better.

I think you could certainly pick apart ANY cruise line if given the chance.

It's vacation. You're on the ocean. You don't have to get up to go to work. You chose it. Enjoy yourself. Smile.

Enough of that......need info on departure from the yacht club, how does it work?

Soon as the ship clears, you can walk right off whenever you want.

As for the Le Muse dishes in the buffet, might be something similar, but it's not the same dish. You can't say a pasta dish cooked 20 feet from you in the Le Muse Kitchen is the same as a pasta dish cooked in a gigantic galley multiple decks below are the same. I toured the Le Muse kitchen...twice.

Speaking of pasta dishes, one chef prepared a couple of pasta dishes at One Pool. One was a simple marina sauce. It was very good. I could have eaten big bowls of that and called it quits for the day. We all enjoyed that very much.

Edited by pamwinn

Boca,,,you'll be asked to leave your luggage out the night before unless you would like to do self assist. You can bring your bags down to the concierge desk on deck 15,,have some breakfast in the Top Sail Lounge. When you're ready to disembark,,your butler will accompany you to the gangway,,,and wish you safe travels!! :) Once you disembark the ship,,all Yacht Club luggage is in a seperate area away from the luggage carousels,,,you can pick up any luggage you left out the night before in that area.

Thank you, just got my card upgraded from gold to black with elite class card from Princess.

I have to chime in here. I am sailing from Miami on the 30th of July with my husband and son. We're booked in the Yacht Club and couldn't be more excited to spend a week with MSC. We're not as experienced as some cruisers (this will be our 4th in 15 years) but we are experienced travelers. In my opinion, I find that folks who complain about just about everything are "glass half empty" type people. Traveling is all about experiencing new things. The world is a big place with all sorts of personalities and ways of doing things. Learning to embrace and let things that might not fit your "way" roll off - gives way to moving forward and clearing the path to experience new wonderful things.

I feel that some negative reviews of MSC from experienced cruisers are folks who may be a tiny bit envious of the "new gal in town" and are really grasping at straws and picking her apart to make themselves feel better.

I think you could certainly pick apart ANY cruise line if given the chance.

It's vacation. You're on the ocean. You don't have to get up to go to work. You chose it. Enjoy yourself. Smile.

Very well said.