Msc yacht club - live to bermuda

amscene1

Any questions are welcome.

Some quick notes so far:

Complaints about food in La muse by fellow pax.

I ate lunch there, crab cake = dog food - veal Milanese = greasy, horrible breading. Ive been reading reviews for quite some time that food was bad, it is.

Buffet is just ok

Will try steakhouse soon

Love the lounge, snacks and drinks all day, bar open till 2am

Pool club is much better than Ncl Haven, never crowded.

Room (yc1) is nice, bathtub is actually larger then Ncl courtyard penthouse (h5)

Service is far superior to Ncl, butler is fantastic, bartender in yacht club is awesome.

From what I've seen / heard MSC has "stole" crew from other ships this is why service is so good. Never seen room attendant nor a housekeeping cart in the hallway, I love it.

Weather has been rough, boat is rocking but I'm fine. Chilly outside too.

A little tip, call your butler direct and skip the concierge. The lady there was seasick all day yesterday and was not pleasant to deal with.

Ship overall is elegant but I'm not a fan of the layout, Ncl / Royal wins there hands down. I would say the layout / style would suit more of a 50+ crowd.

50% Europeans 50% Americans onboard

The nightclub onboard is amazing, best I've seen, best sound but was dead the first night (literally 2 people)

Activities are super limited! They save money here for sure! I have not seen a show yet but I hear great things. Staff in common areas treat you better with a yacht club card.

Hey there,

I hope you'll have a great time. I am surprised to hear, that people don't like the food in le muse.

We were there last month and loved every aspect of it!

Maybe it was just a lunch thing!? Hope it'll improve for you!

kr Sandra

Any questions are welcome.

Some quick notes so far:

Complaints about food in La muse by fellow pax.

I ate lunch there, crab cake = dog food - veal Milanese = greasy, horrible breading. Ive been reading reviews for quite some time that food was bad, it is.

Buffet is just ok

Will try steakhouse soon

Love the lounge, snacks and drinks all day, bar open till 2am

Pool club is much better than Ncl Haven, never crowded.

Room (yc1) is nice, bathtub is actually larger then Ncl courtyard penthouse (h5)

Service is far superior to Ncl, butler is fantastic, bartender in yacht club is awesome.

From what I've seen / heard MSC has "stole" crew from other ships this is why service is so good. Never seen room attendant nor a housekeeping cart in the hallway, I love it.

Weather has been rough, boat is rocking but I'm fine. Chilly outside too.

A little tip, call your butler direct and skip the concierge. The lady there was seasick all day yesterday and was not pleasant to deal with.

Ship overall is elegant but I'm not a fan of the layout, Ncl / Royal wins there hands down. I would say the layout / style would suit more of a 50+ crowd.

50% Europeans 50% Americans onboard

The nightclub onboard is amazing, best I've seen, best sound but was dead the first night (literally 2 people)

Activities are super limited! They save money here for sure! I have not seen a show yet but I hear great things. Staff in common areas treat you better with a yacht club card.

Food is very subjective.

Have they added any shaded areas at pool one. When we sailed about a year ago there was no shaded area around the pool. That was a deal breaker for us. Italian food in le muse was excellent. Very authentic but fish and seafood were awful. Couldn't make American breakfasts either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The best part of the buffet is the burgers, hands down, everything else is mediocre at best. Pizza is horrible imho. A sweet sauce and very greasy.

The pizza they charge for is made to order and was excellent. Compares favorably with the best pizza I've eaten.

If you like a sweet sauce then sure. It's nowhere near excellent. Visited the steakhouse tonight, the complimentary dinner for black card holders is a 5 course pre-fix menu. I was very disappointed in this. The food was horrible again, "filet of beef" was dog food grade alpo almost inedible. My DG had the ribeye with $18 up charge, it was decent at best but seriously, you will get better much better steak on carnival, Ncl and Royal, I've tried them all.

So far, it's been a giant food FAIL!!

The "spicy pizza" I order in Yacht Club doesn't have a sweet sauce at all. It's in my top 2 pizzas I've ever eaten. The level of complaining you're doing about the food is getting far fetched for me. Especially having enjoyed it myself. Not to mention oh, 80 friends who've sailed Divina and all loved many many meals.

The "spicy pizza" I order in Yacht Club doesn't have a sweet sauce at all. It's in my top 2 pizzas I've ever eaten. The level of complaining you're doing about the food is getting far fetched for me. Especially having enjoyed it myself. Not to mention oh, 80 friends who've sailed Divina and all loved many many meals.

The spicy is my favorite!! Sweet sauce?? I have them ordered and sent to my room..... yummy!

I enjoyed the food in Le Muse.

I enjoy the snacks the put out in the lounge and at the pool.... no complaints...

Again food is subjective. Some cook gourmet at home I guess.

If you like a sweet sauce then sure. It's nowhere near excellent. Visited the steakhouse tonight, the complimentary dinner for black card holders is a 5 course pre-fix menu. I was very disappointed in this. The food was horrible again, "filet of beef" was dog food grade alpo almost inedible. My DG had the ribeye with $18 up charge, it was decent at best but seriously, you will get better much better steak on carnival, Ncl and Royal, I've tried them all.

So far, it's been a giant food FAIL!!

Your complaints are getting ridiculous, if there 1 thing people love is the pizza on MSC.

The pizza in the buffet was fantastic. I was on this cruise too. No less than 5 varieties per day, 3 of them changed each day. Fresh made. Real ovens. MSC could open pizza restaurants in SoFlorida and put all the mom and pop shops out of business.

I did the 5 course dinner at the Steakhouse too. I won't corrupt your thread as you can have your own opinions and I will have my own thread but to call it dog food is beyond ludicrous and almost makes me not take your comments seriously.

Edited by LMaxwell

Well most people browsing this board have bland (think 60+) taste buds. Is it better then Pizza Hut sure, but nowhere near great pizza, I really can't call it good. The pizza sauce was so sugary and the cheese falls right off. If you have had Steves pizza in Miami or SAMs in wildwood New Jersey you would understand what real pizza is. I had a discussion with 4-5 other gents in the yacht club all complaining about le muse, pizza and steakhouse.

As for the steakhouse, carnival, Ncl and royal all are above MSC. Come on people , a white ultra modern steakhouse with bright lighting and see-thru plastic seats ????????????

The bread they brought out tasted like it was off the shelf with nothing added. MSC almost messed up every single dish I had on that cruise.

Most people on here think " oh this is Italian food from real Italians so it must be good"

It's not, I would take the food on carnival every day over MSC. You can look in my cruise list, I think I know what I'm talking about. Your being tricked into thinking it's actually good.

Look, I'm not completely bashing the line, I will sail seaside when it debuts, most aspects I liked better then the Ncl Haven product but the food from my opinion to the other cruisers on board is horrible.

Even a certain (high ranking) officer was agreeing with us and laughing about it.

Well most people browsing this board have bland (think 60+) taste buds. Is it better then Pizza Hut sure, but nowhere near great pizza, I really can't call it good. The pizza sauce was so sugary and the cheese falls right off. If you have had Steves pizza in Miami or SAMs in wildwood New Jersey you would understand what real pizza is. I had a discussion with 4-5 other gents in the yacht club all complaining about le muse, pizza and steakhouse.

As for the steakhouse, carnival, Ncl and royal all are above MSC. Come on people , a white ultra modern steakhouse with bright lighting and see-thru plastic seats ????????????

The bread they brought out tasted like it was off the shelf with nothing added. MSC almost messed up every single dish I had on that cruise.

Most people on here think " oh this is Italian food from real Italians so it must be good"

It's not, I would take the food on carnival every day over MSC. You can look in my cruise list, I think I know what I'm talking about. Your being tricked into thinking it's actually good.

Look, I'm not completely bashing the line, I will sail seaside when it debuts, most aspects I liked better then the Ncl Haven product but the food from my opinion to the other cruisers on board is horrible.

Even a certain (high ranking) officer was agreeing with us and laughing about it.

BUT...many people (such as yourself) don't realize that The Italian Steakhouse, is a worldwide restaurant chain, with international locations including, New York City. All are decorated the same, all with Special $400 Italian Designed Chairs.

Edited by gkbiiii

If you have had Steves pizza in Miami or SAMs in wildwood New Jersey you would understand what real pizza is

Since you are comparing the pizza to places in Miami and New Jersey, I have to ask, have you ever been to Italy?

Been there twice and the pizza a pre the ship is not nearly as good. And yes Italy has some good pies but I still love my good old USA better. Fact of the matter is MSC did not come close to the top pies in either country.

I have been reading your musings about the food and am now lost? At which point did you mention having pie? Was it when you went to the buffet for what Stuart has earlier said was a British food night? As in the cottage pie etc? I can't recall ever having pie in Italy and have never seen it on Italian menus over in the UK.. Funnily though on one occasion in a restaurant in New York they used the pizza oven to present a dish which was a kind of cioppino (excuse the spelling) with a topping of pizza dough so this did kind of form a pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry never heard of pizza pie. In the UK we have pizza with different thickness of base or calzone which are the pizzas which fold in half with the filling . I will be looking for pizza pie when we arrive in Miami next week pre cruise to see what they are like and then see what the pizza is like onboard.

Sorry never heard of pizza pie. In the UK we have pizza with different thickness of base or calzone which are the pizzas which fold in half with the filling . I will be looking for pizza pie when we arrive in Miami next week pre cruise to see what they are like and then see what the pizza is like onboard.

Pizza pie and pizza are exactly the same thing. Just different names. There isn't any difference.