How early is transfer from MIA to FLL port

BrandiGreg

You might ask on the Princess board, but the answer for most cruise lines is when it is full. :(

You might look at a one-way car rental (MIA-FLL), stop somewhere fun for breakfast, then drop the car and head to the port.

They will schedule them depending on predicted arrival of the people. So if you are the first person arriving, but no else arrives for an hour or two, you may have to wait awhile. If a number of people arrive at 6am, another group at 7, you might only have a short wait after you claim your bags.

The cruise lines have become sensitive to the "until the bus is full" complaint. If only 10 people were arriving before 9am, say, they might charter a smaller vehicle to handle those 10 people, then have larger vehicles for those arriving after 9am. I have even seen cruise lines hire taxis if only a couple are arriving in an isolated time frame.

I presume this is for your April 17th transatlantic cruise. Looking quickly on Alamo website its $37 to rent a midsize car in MIA and drop it off at FLL. If I am not mistaken they offer a shuttle to cruise port but call to confirm that or maybe someone on the forums knows. I know they offer it in MIA and have read they do in FLL to but just double check.

Thanks for the above helpful answers. We figured traveling overnight for 5 hours will make us tired enough once we land. Getting the rental, driving, and returning it, along with all our luggage sounds too tiring. Plus at only 22 each, it is about the same price as a rental, gas, etc. If there is a wait, no worries....we can just eat breakfast while we wait.....we will have to wait at the port anyway to board.:cool: