Internet Packages Withdrawn?

arsenalboy

We've usually just bought the 90 minute package and managed. However we were on Anthem last year and bought the unlimited fast service for the whole cruise and loved it. Not so much the ability to stream or Skype/FaceTime but not having to worry about the cost. It also changed how we spent the day. No more kindles by the pool on sea days rather using the iPad to fully research the upcoming ports, check the weather, upload our photos, read the paper plus the usual work emails (aargh) etc.

We are on Eclipse next month. I don't think their upgraded internet is as good as Anthem but we will be getting the unlimited option at just over £200 and it's nice to read on this read that we will still get our 25% Select discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have just purchased the unlimited package for a 14 night cruise on the Eclipse. It was 139 Pounds. We are select. I wouldn't normally bother but I want to keep in touch with family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have just purchased the unlimited package for a 14 night cruise on the Eclipse. It was 139 Pounds. We are select. I wouldn't normally bother but I want to keep in touch with family.

Hi

Did you purchase before or onboard? If before can you get the Select discount applied online or over the phone?

Hi

Did you purchase before or onboard? If before can you get the Select discount applied online or over the phone?

I have purchased online for my cruise in July. I made the assumption that as the price paid was lower than the from price that they had automatically applied the discount. The price starting from was £209.30. I have only bought the package for myself. My husband can use my phone if necessary.

Karen, Thanks for the rant...I'm right there with ya! Couldn't have said it any better!:D:D

eileen

I agree with you.

I know I'm a dinosaur but I find it so disturbing to be in a restaurant and see whole tables of people looking down at their phones and not communicating with each other at all and am afraid that's what's coming for cruises.

Also not ready to have to listen to other's phone conversations while I'm layng on my deck chair (or on my balcony) trying to relax.

Sorry for the rant! :o

I agree with you.

I know I'm a dinosaur but I find it so disturbing to be in a restaurant and see whole tables of people looking down at their phones and not communicating with each other at all and am afraid that's what's coming for cruises.

Also not ready to have to listen to other's phone conversations while I'm layng on my deck chair (or on my balcony) trying to relax.

Sorry for the rant! :o

Agreed although any decent respectful person does what they do making sure their actions have no effect on anyone else. It's just a shame many people don't think like this.

I just received a pre cruise internet package from Celebrity for an Alaskan Cruise in May on the Millie:

Browsing - $59 for 90 min.

Social - $109 for 240 min.

Day Pass - $59 for one full continuous day.

Unlimited - $199 for 7-9 days.

As You Go - $.79 per min.

Edited by Lastdance

Agreed although any decent respectful person does what they do making sure their actions have no effect on anyone else. It's just a shame many people don't think like this.

I don't take my phone to dinner. It doesn't need to eat. [emoji1]. I agree with all about people and phones in the dining room. Loud conversations, which I do not wish to hear. I wish people would go back to the days of quiet conversation with each other. I have bought an Internet package to keep in touch with my family from my cabin. I do not bother ordinarily, but we have a lot of sea days.

I just got off the Constellation TA yesterday. As an Elite perk I was offered the 90 minutes free, and (at least when getting signed up via the ship wifi rather than going to the iLounge) I was not offered the option of getting a discount on the unlimited package. When my 90 minutes ran out I could either pay $45 per day or 99 cents per minute...

I wish I had been offered the discount off the unlimited package! I wouldn't have had to be so ridiculously careful about using my minutes.

I don't take my phone to dinner. It doesn't need to eat. [emoji1]. I agree with all about people and phones in the dining room. Loud conversations, which I do not wish to hear. I wish people would go back to the days of quiet conversation with each other. I have bought an Internet package to keep in touch with my family from my cabin. I do not bother ordinarily, but we have a lot of sea days.

Makes sense to me. Totally agree with what you are saying. It's all about how people behave rather than what technology is available. Have an amazing cruise [emoji3]