Watching for Price Drops

Dave&Robin

Before Celebrity changed their website it was fairly easy to check and see if a cruise fare had gone down....simply entered the cruise ship/date and the cabin category and I could see the current price.

I'm finding it so much more difficult now to check up on a price without actually putting a hold on a cabin etc.

Is it just me or is anyone else having the same trouble. Can anyone give me a suggestion for checking on the price without jumping through hops....we book way in advance (already have a reservation for 2018) so it's important to keep an eye on prices in case there is a reduction :)

(We are in Canada in case that makes a difference)

Robin

Do not understand. When I look up a cruise I get a listing of every cabin basic cabin category and the price. To get the difference between GTY, C1, C2 etc you need to go further, but if there is a change it is almost 100% of the time reflected in the base price.

We can't mention names of websites that do this because they are usually competitors of Cruise Critic, but if you google "cruise price tracker" you will see several sites that will do this for you. But the comment above about packages and perks is valid -- all anyone will show you is the posted price for each cabin category, not what else comes with it.

To the OP,

I'm also in Canada and use the Celebrity website to keep an eye on my pricing. The only thing I need to do is know the before taxes/port charges price of my cabin.

Once I do that I can look up the cruise and see if the base price has changed. I also keep an eye on the perks to see if any of them have value to me. I've never had to put a hold on a cabin unless I want to see the total price including taxes/port charges.

UK website also easy to check on.

I have two cruises booked with X on a price promise so I also keep checking. Also checked my next cruise (not on a price promise) a little concerned in case it had gone down but no....An S1 costs as much as we paid for a RS!

you can just go through the booking for your sailing and see the different classes of rooms. Generally prices seem to be flat or go up a bit till after the 57 day mark when you are looked in, then they drop the prices if there is still space to try and sell out the boat.