How many power outlets in a Getaway balcony cabin?

Waterfreak2009

Its our first cruise on NCL so I have no idea what is in the room as far as power outlets, were in a regular balcony room as far as I know (guarantee which is not assigned yet). I need to plug in 2 regular plug in items and 3 usb chargers. Will I need a splitter or are there enough outlets? If I need a splitter any suggestions on good cheap ones with usb ports? Thanks!

Its our first cruise on NCL so I have no idea what is in the room as far as power outlets, were in a regular balcony room as far as I know (guarantee which is not assigned yet). I need to plug in 2 regular plug in items and 3 usb chargers. Will I need a splitter or are there enough outlets? If I need a splitter any suggestions on good cheap ones with usb ports? Thanks!

My recommendation to avoid using a surge protected device (which is prohibited) would be a cheap power strip ($3 range) from Home Depot, and the Zilu 5 port USB hub. This is one of the very few multi-USB hubs I've researched for CC that does not have surge protection. Note that other Zilu multi-USB hubs do have surge protection, only use the 5 port. Monster has a nice compact power strip that is not surge protected as well, and will have a shorter cord. Uber has some combination multi-outlet/multi-USB plug in adapters, but their size and plug arrangement may not make them usable on all ships due to the placement of the outlets close to the vanity top.

For the USB charger, you can also get a European round pin to US plug adapter and use the 220v outlet, since the USB hub will accept 100-240vac input.

I was worried about the outlet situation before my first cruise on the Getaway. There are 2 outlets.

Between 3 phones, 3 Nintendo DS things, 1 camera, 1 flat iron, and 1 curling iron, I probably only used 1 outlet. We never charged our phones (we disconnect completely on the ship, quite freeing really), I only use my flat iron to press my pants or dresses, I'm not curling my hair when I'm charging my camera battery, and my son survived without his game things until he got sick the last day at sea.

If you (or your spouse) needs a place to plug in a shaver, there's one of those funky looking outlet things (technical term) in the bathroom.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Seems silly to worry about plugs and extension cords...it never would have occurred to me that there wouldn't be a plug beside the bed for my Cpap machine so I'm really thankful to have found this information now.

We are in an ocean view room. Would a 4 or 6 foot extension cord be adequate?

To run the extension from the dresser/table to the bed for CPAP, 6 ft. would likely be short - unless the CPAP itself has a long extension cord - a longer 10 ft. or 12 ft. cord will be better.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2014%20NCL%20BA/IMG_20140329_142715.jpg

Picture of the BA (sister ship to GA) inside stateroom, which is similar/slightly bigger for the oceanview - layout is basically the same. Zoom it closer & you can see 2x 110 volts outlet and 2x 220 volts outlet - you will need a round adapter plug to tap it for devices like smartphone or tablet charger, which are typically dual-voltge & auto-sensing. The small black one are available at almost all dollar stores in NY area https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/Travel%20Gadgets/IMG140609_0906.jpg

My husband travels with a CPAP. The last time we sailed the Getaway, we forgot an extension cord, and our room steward had one in our room as soon as he saw the machine. We didn't have to ask for it. We are planning on bringing our own on our upcoming trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by daisyh

Does anyone one know if the plug sockets are 2 or 3 prongs?What would you suggest for length for an extension cord to use with Cpap machine?

On NCL ships, we carry a 12 ft and a 6 ft light weight extension cord. The outlets are on/in the desks across the bed. This was our GA desk

ce02ad5e3bd6d37ec303a4c65489aa72.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels

In our balcony room on the Getaway, we had one outlet (so you could plug in 2 things). It's not in the bathroom.

When I said that there is a shaver outlet thing in the bathroom, this is what I was referring to: https://www.google.com/search?q=shaver+outlet&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS524US527&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=643&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiXybbr3ZbMAhXLRyYKHSRsC4YQ_AUICCgD

It's above the second shelf.