eurodam Barcelona-Venice

Can't wait to be on this cruise. Would like to disembark in some of the ports and check out local stuff away from the rest of the crowd. How to? Best to do a local taxi, train or just walk around?

First welcome to Cruise Critic!

First thing I would recommend is getting to your roll call so you can meet others from your sailing. What date are you sailing?

Also, what ports are you stopping in? That will greatly influence our answers. I would recommend doing a little research on your own as well. I think a great place to start is Rick Steves Med book, it's designed specifically for cruising and will zero you in on what to do and how to do it.

Can't wait to be on this cruise. Would like to disembark in some of the ports and check out local stuff away from the rest of the crowd. How to? Best to do a local taxi, train or just walk around?

How easy it might be, depends on what port you are asking about.

Some research on the Med Ports boards, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

would be beneficial. You will be able to "do it yourself" in most ports, some with more effort than others.

So, thanks for the tips. We love Rick Steve's took his Italy book apart last year and watch lots of his videos!

Boy can you ever go rabbit-trailing on this website! LOL!

I just DLoaded Ricks Mediterranean Cruise port cheat sheet--tells you which to do by yourself, vs. which are best by excursion.

If this is the cruise that is leaving Sunday, a good friend, her husband, their daughter, son in law and young grandchild will be your travel companions!

Their seven year old grandson is a whiz at languages, already speaks Spanish, and is learning Italian. He is a charmer, and a little boy you might meet up with!