Question about Cabin Stewards

xbriannao

Hello!

I am the kind of person who could sleep the entire day away if I could, and I was wondering what happens if you're sleeping in and the stewards come to make their morning rounds? Do you have to put the 'snoozin' thing out the night before if you don't want them coming in? Do they still come in and clean if you're sleeping? Do they knock and if you don't answer then they don't clean? I don't mind what they do I just want to be prepared for my upcoming cruise.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Brianna

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If the "snoozin" sign isn't put out, they will knock, and if they don't hear anything, they will come in the room. They won't clean if they see you sleeping in there, but it might wake you. If you put out the sign, they will know to not even knock.

Hello!

I am the kind of person who could sleep the entire day away if I could, and I was wondering what happens if you're sleeping in and the stewards come to make their morning rounds? Do you have to put the 'snoozin' thing out the night before if you don't want them coming in? Do they still come in and clean if you're sleeping? Do they knock and if you don't answer then they don't clean? I don't mind what they do I just want to be prepared for my upcoming cruise.

Brianna

Hi Brianna

They usually knock, but some people have said that there have been times when they didn't. Put out the sign.

If you don't want to be disturbed in the morning, you can just ask that they not come for a morning cleaning of your cabin. They will just come in the evening when you go for dinner. They will be happy to only come once a day. Some ships they will give you a card at the cruise start asking if you want service in the morning or the evening. You can still ask for both.

hopes this helps

have a great cruise

If the "snoozin" sign isn't put out, they will knock, and if they don't hear anything, they will come in the room. They won't clean if they see you sleeping in there, but it might wake you. If you put out the sign, they will know to not even knock.

Best to put out the snoozin sign.

Very often they knock and will be opening the door before you have the chance to answer.

Be aware if you don't come out for long periods, like 24 hours, they will come in anyway for safety reasons to make sure there's nothing wrong.

And yes, put out the snoozin' door hanger if you don't want to be disturbed.

Hello!

Brianna

Besides putting out the Snoozin' sign, make sure you lock the deadbolt. I've read so many complain that the cabin steward walked in but none of them had done that. We lock it whenever we are in our cabin.

Edited by stargate fan

We think the "snoozing"/"cruzin" door sign is our best friend on a cruise. When we are on vacation we enjoy just doing whatever we want on any given day, too much trouble telling room steward everyday what are plans are so the sign is the best way to communicate with them. That's also the reason we choose YTD so we can be flexible while on our cruise. If we do see the room steward in the hall and know we will be gone for awhile we usually let him know that our room is ready for service. Never had anyone walk in on us at any time on any cruise. The deadbolt is also a good thing when in the cabin too!

Besides putting out the Snoozin' sign, make sure you lock the deadbolt. I've read so many complain that the cabin steward walked in but none of them had done that. We lock it whenever we are in our cabin.

Since I travel solo, I also dead bolt as well as put the sign out. You never know who the wise guy is that flips the sign around;)

They actually "tap" with their cards on your door. A full knock gets complaints and rubs off their knuckles if they did it on all doors. The sign and deadbolt will alert them you are in. I would mention it to them that you will be sleeping in late because depending on their schedule, they may be done with their morning shift before you are out and about and your stateroom won't be done until evening.

just food for thought about the deadbolt.

I travel a lot and always have used the deadbolt. The last time I was in a hotel I wasn't feeling well and when I was laying in bed I was thinking that if something were to happen to me, no one would be able to get to me to help. At least not for a long time.

so I would put the snoozin' sign but you can make your own judgement about the deadbolt

I didnt think of this until my last time I was at a hotel.

just food for thought about the deadbolt.

I travel a lot and always have used the deadbolt. The last time I was in a hotel I wasn't feeling well and when I was laying in bed I was thinking that if something were to happen to me, no one would be able to get to me to help. At least not for a long time.

so I would put the snoozin' sign but you can make your own judgement about the deadbolt

I didnt think of this until my last time I was at a hotel.

I think security can open the deadbolt rather easily.

The deadbolt is protection against other passengers. If necessary or called for, the ship can unbolt from their side.

It's those little swing arm thingies in hotel rooms that give me pause.... how could paramedics reach me in a hotel room if I'm unable to reach the door?

:confused:

The deadbolt is protection against other passengers. If necessary or called for, the ship can unbolt from their side.

It's those little swing arm thingies in hotel rooms that give me pause.... how could paramedics reach me in a hotel room if I'm unable to reach the door?

Kick the door in

Another thought to consider.

Let's say one of you had a "rough night", and wants to really sleep in. You decide you want to do whatever-it-is-you-do and leave the "Snoozin'" thingie on the door as you leave.

CAREFUL! Those cute little signs have a way of doing a "180" or fall to the floor when you shut the door. So, look over your shoulder at the cabin door before you venture off!:rolleyes:*

*So says the voice of experience......

As a local fireman says, "Magic" . Coincidently, his fire axe's name is Magic.

Every hotel, cruise ship, etc.. with any type of deadbolt or swing arm deadbolt, has a tool that opens the deadbolt from the outside, within seconds... Search YouTube to view them.

:)

We have ways. First, those things aren't very strong, and we have tools, someone will clean up after us.

You can also use a rubberband and tack, you can also slide a flexible folder to spring it out.

Those little swing arm thingies are dangerous. I had mine on my door at a hotel in Galveston awhile back, opened it to run down to get some ice, when I got back to the room it caught again. I could not get in! I had to go down to the front desk, barefoot, and they had someone come up. He couldn't get it open, lucky for me it was an adjoining room. He went in the other room, had to break the connecting door to get it open as it was locked on my side. I ended up with two rooms for just me. I'm much more careful to make sure that thingie is all the way back before closing the door now. :rolleyes:

I think security can open the deadbolt rather easily.

I live in an apartment complex for folks over 55 years of age, and they have had to remove two doors recently because people went in, locked the deadbolt and then fell - oops! Doors had to be completely replaced after they were removed - too damaged to reuse.