QM2 acess to rear decks from deck 5 and 6

Lindypops

We had a room on deck 6 not far from the back. There is a door going out to the pool area. Can't help you about deck 5. The decks on QM2 aren't very exciting. Nothing like the usual busy activity of other ships. Its not possible to just take your plate out of the buffet area, and sit in the fresh air to have lunch. There is a boardwalk very small very little on offer. A few tables and chairs might be ok in good weather.

We had a room on deck 6 not far from the back. There is a door going out to the pool area. Can't help you about deck 5. The decks on QM2 aren't very exciting. Nothing like the usual busy activity of other ships. Its not possible to just take your plate out of the buffet area, and sit in the fresh air to have lunch. There is a boardwalk very small very little on offer. A few tables and chairs might be ok in good weather.

Disappointed to hear that about the buffet.:(

Nothing stopping you from taking food outside but you would have to sit on the Wooden boxes or deck chairs. Or walk up the stairs at the stern by the grills to the smoking area where tables are located.

We have frequently taken lunch out and eaten it on the Promenade deck while sitting in a steamer chair. And we have often eaten lunch outside the Boardwalk Cafe at one of the many tables and chairs, though obviously that is only open in fine weather.

Hi Tara Jane,

It is actually, done so many times during good weather. I make sure I return plates etc inside when I've finished. You should try it next time :)

Best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Please can anyone tell me is it possible to access the rear deck areas from deck 5 and 6 or do you have to go upstairs to another deck? Thanks
Hi Lindypops,

Yes you can on Deck 6, but the aft end of Deck 5 is crew only.

Best wishes,

I hope there is somewhere with sunbeds we are sailing from Dubai to Southampton next week and expect lots of good weather.

We dont want to sit inside during the day not bothered about pool side entertainment we just want some sun.

I hope there is somewhere with sunbeds we are sailing from Dubai to Southampton next week and expect lots of good weather. We dont want to sit inside during the day not bothered about pool side entertainment we just want some sun.
Hi Lindypops,

As you'll discover, around the Terrace Pool on Deck 8:

QM2 ...back on board and a chance for a swim...

on one side of the Minnows Pool on Deck 6:

QM2 Stern

QM2 ...soaking up the last of the sun...

the Pavilion Pool on Deck 12:

QM2 Pavilion Pool Deck 12

QM2 Pavilion Pool Deck 12 (3)

and in many other spots around the ship (when not too windy):

QM2 Despite the clouds, it was hot even this early in the day...

there are sunbeds and loungers.

Have a great time on board :)

Edited by pepperrn

Don't they use that area for the kids club during the day ? I seem to remember someeone saying they were "moved on" when we were on the QM2 last December

That's correct. Certainly the access from the corridor on the port side of deck six leads directly on to the secure kids pool area. Once outside you can exit this area up the stairs through the secure gate to get up to deck 7, but that might be more awkward if there are children in the area. We didn't see any at any time so it was o.k. I think the exit on the starboard side might not be into the kids area, but someone else would have to confirm that as I'm not certain.

Pepprrn

Thanks for the links to the photos they are great.

I have enjoyed looking at them all.

Where do you get the pool towels from we are travelling steerage

Linda

Edited by Lindypops

Pepprrn Thanks for the links to the photos they are great. I have enjoyed looking at them all. Where do you get the pool towels from we are travelling steerage �� Linda
Hi Lindypops,

The pool towels are rolled up and then stacked near each pool on board (and also often rolled up on the loungers, at least early on in the day), never been a shortage that I've noted. There are large wooden boxes for used/damp ones close by.

The green pool towels can be seen stacked up on the right in this photo (and also on the loungers):

QM2 Pavilion Pool Deck 12 (1)

I particularly enjoy the Pavilion Pool on Deck 12 (which has a sliding glass roof, lovely and warm when closed on windy days) and the Terrace Pool on Deck 8. Both have bars nearby.

Pleased you enjoyed the photos.

Have a great time on board :)

Edited by pepperrn