How glam do you go girls??

Munstergal22

I suggest using this for inspiration...

0f3ad1cfe69b56732181b404913fc29f.jpg

(thanks to whoever posted this a few months ago)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

oh my... never.... I'm glad I did not see this.... oh wait.. its now ingrained in my memory forever...

I go as casual as I possibly can - ponytail and Yellow Box Flip Flops - no makeup except for the day we do family portraits on the ship...

Even though it is casual - I usually op for a long dress... I tend to get my long dresses at Tommy Bahama's so they are dressy, but not over the top dressy.

Edited by Imalismom

I always do my hair and full makeup when on a vacation and going to dinner. Most evenings you will find me in dress shorts and a nice top. I typically also always wear flats.

On previous cruises we always packed dress clothes for the dressy nights, but this cruise I don't think I will. Although I really enjoy getting dressed up since I don't at home very often, I just think we may do a more casual cruise without doing dresses and suits.

I can't help but wonder what the front of the dress looks like - assuming it has a front :eek:

All I know is I wear underwear with my dresses, whether they need it or not :D

Either it has some sort of top, or it's a camera around her neck.

OP, I am a jeans and t shirt girl at work, I wear dresses every night on cruises, it's nice to dress up and curl my hair, makeup. I would hate to do it every day though.

No hairdryer. One is provided, and I've read that the ones from home can blow a fuse - no power in your cabin or your neighbor's.

I've always brought my own hairdryer. I've never had any problems. I've never sailed NCL before, but I would hope their electrical system is as dependable as the others.

I can't help but wonder what the front of the dress looks like - assuming it has a front :eek:

I tried unsuccessfully to find other pictures of the infamous chain mail dress. Pity. That was a classic. LOL Someone suggested it was worn on a swingers cruise.

Google image search found the front of the dress. The original post on CC is gone but there is enough browser chatter about this couple to think it was for real. Evidently she was not allowed in the MDR for the Carnival Cruise, surprise, surprise! LOL! Not sure why she would want to sit down while wearing it anyway, ouch!!!

Chainmail_dress_front.jpg.5ea40e9f619dc1c4b9434ffff10ea588.jpg

I found the other photo! The backstory - the woman wore the dress to a gala dinner on a Carnival cruise.

fa364e24fc343281faa7cdec825e9237.jpg

She wore a blue dress that wasn't much better. My favorite post about it was, the only place someone wanted to see cottage cheese was on their plate.:D

For what it's worth, these posts are all considered on topic by the moderators, but the posts that say we aren't interested in people's salaries in the thread about salary are off-topic. [emoji39]

Just so my post isn't misunderstood, there is indeed an elephant on the dress. Does anyone else see it?

I thought it was hilarious!

Is this the male version? (I may be skirting on off-topic)...

71321bf7a40e1b5d224a57335b98a946.jpg

Hey everyone

Quick one for the girls - how glammed up do you get in the evenings??

I'm 10 weeks away from my Adriatic cruise on the Jade and was bored in work today so started making a list of what I needed to pack.

Do you wear heels or flats? Straighten/curl hair? Full make up?

I know NCL is freestyle so pretty much anything goes but I'm just wondering what the rest of you do?

TIA x

Sailing out on the Gem in November and I'll be packing maxi-dresses, dressy tops and pants, and lots of bling. Yes, nice hair and makeup, heels or cute sandals! I don't get to wear it often at home or work, so I bring them on my cruises!!

Edited by Cruisen'Susan

I found the other photo! The backstory - the woman wore the dress to a gala dinner on a Carnival cruise.

fa364e24fc343281faa7cdec825e9237.jpg

Wth was she thinking....or not thinking.