Booking Accessible Cabin

psupa

Just a heads up for those who need an accessible cabin. I was looking at the 12 night Grandeur cruises for Nov 17 and Mar 18 and we need an accessible cabin due to mobility issue. When I tried booking an accessible cabin (either inside or OV) a message pops up not available. I think this is very strange since the itineraries just came out, so I call Royal and spoke to a very nice rep. He put me on hold and when he came back he explained these cabins hold a 3rd and 4th passenger, so they don't show up if you are doing a booking for 2 people. He spoke to Revenue and told me the cabin is available and to have my TA call to reserve it. My TA did that but not without some hastle from a supervisor even after I spoke with Royal earlier, but my TA was finally able to get the cabin. Hey Royal wake up this is an accessible cabin and should be categorized differently from the regular 3rd and 4th passenger cabins. Also if you are bringing a scooter, you will need to have an accessible cabin because you cannot store the scooter out in the hallway. Something is very wrong with this and It needs to be corrected immediately. HEY ROYAL ARE YOU LISTENING

Hi,

Have you considered that they may keep these accessible rooms for e.g. a family with a disabled child or where the disabled person needs two carers.

Pete

possibly, but you'd think they'd have dedicated AC cabins for both 2 pp and 4 pp.

Just a heads up for those who need an accessible cabin. I was looking at the 12 night Grandeur cruises for Nov 17 and Mar 18 and we need an accessible cabin due to mobility issue. When I tried booking an accessible cabin (either inside or OV) a message pops up not available. I think this is very strange since the itineraries just came out, so I call Royal and spoke to a very nice rep. He put me on hold and when he came back he explained these cabins hold a 3rd and 4th passenger, so they don't show up if you are doing a booking for 2 people. He spoke to Revenue and told me the cabin is available and to have my TA call to reserve it. My TA did that but not without some hastle from a supervisor even after I spoke with Royal earlier, but my TA was finally able to get the cabin. Hey Royal wake up this is an accessible cabin and should be categorized differently from the regular 3rd and 4th passenger cabins. Also if you are bringing a scooter, you will need to have an accessible cabin because you cannot store the scooter out in the hallway. Something is very wrong with this and It needs to be corrected immediately. HEY ROYAL ARE YOU LISTENING

We have booked before by calling RCL direct and via a TA without a problem plus the cabins we had didn't have any extra beds not even a sofa bed.

We've never had a problem before booking an AC cabin if it was available and these cabins should not be limited to 3rd or 4th passenger. There are people like us (only 2) who need to have this type cabin and if bringing a scooter you have to have one. There are not many of these cabins and you need to book early to get one and that's why I did that. I hope Royal is reading this.

possibly, but you'd think they'd have dedicated AC cabins for both 2 pp and 4 pp.

There are dedicated accessible cabins that sleep 2 and there are also some that sleep 4. The ones that sleep 2 are most likely already booked on the cruise the OP was trying to book and just needed some to override the system to allow them to get one of the available accessible cabins.

Hi,

They do have accessible cabins that are for two passengers, cruise lines will sell these cabins to passengers who need this type of cabin.

They will sell two berth to two passengers, only when all of the two berth cabins have sold will they sell the three berth to two passengers and then family ones.

Pete

Hi,

They do have accessible cabins that are for two passengers, cruise lines will sell these cabins to passengers who need this type of cabin.

They will sell two berth to two passengers, only when all of the two berth cabins have sold will they sell the three berth to two passengers and then family ones.

Pete

There are dedicated accessible cabins that sleep 2 and there are also some that sleep 4. The ones that sleep 2 are most likely already booked on the cruise the OP was trying to book and just needed some to override the system to allow them to get one of the available accessible cabins.

Actually all accessible cabins on the Grandeur of the Seas that the OP is sailing can accommodate 3-4 passengers. There are no just dedicate to 2 passengers. Refer to this link . http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do?pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_GR

If the cruise is embarking from a USA port than the cruise line has to allow a booking for even one passenger to the accessible cabin regardless of the cabin's stated capacity max provided that that person has a mobility disability or other disability that requires the features available only in an accessible cabin. The same does not apply when the ship is embarking from a non-USA port.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Think the issue of the Accessible insides and OV was just a glitch as had no problem doing a mock booking as a solo passenger on RCCL's website regarding the accessible balconies and accessible that also hold 3-4 passengers.

RCCL has clearly stated on its website for years that scooters cannot be stored in the hallways so this information is not news. FYI if a scooter is 20" or less in width it will fit through the door of a standard cabin. Though once inside the cabin the space is limited but it is doable. Therefore not everyone who uses a mobility scooter is required to book an accessible cabin as long as the scooter is not wider than 20". Full-size and Bariatric scooters usually can only be accommodated by booking an accessible cabin.

FYI my Pride GoGo Elite traveler fits through a standard cabin door with no problem particularly if the arm rest have been removed.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Actually all accessible cabins on the Grandeur of the Seas that the OP is sailing can accommodate 3-4 passengers. There are no just dedicate to 2 passengers. Refer to this link . http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/accessibilityFeatures.do?pagename=accessible_staterooms_popup_GR

If the cruise is embarking from a USA port than the cruise line has to allow a booking for even one passenger to the accessible cabin regardless of the cabin's stated capacity max provided that that person has a mobility disability or other disability that requires the features available only in an accessible cabin. The same does not apply when the ship is embarking from a non-USA port.

makes sense, thanks.

Problem not fixed but was able to book today when Robin from C&A was able to get an override.

Never had problem in the past.

Booked Feb. 10 2018 12 day

Very frustrating and glad you were able to get it resolved.