Crown NoroVirus

jamesnnb

We wipe down our cabin with the Clorox wipes as soon as we enter also.

The way I see it, if the previous passenger was at all sick, they vacate the cabin by 8:00am and we are in the same cabin by 1:00pm or earlier, that junk is still on everything!:eek:

When I eat at the Horizon court, once I select my food, I go to the ladies room and wash my hand thoroughly! I'de rather have cold food than filthy hands.

I, also, wipe down the cabin with Clorox wipes. I also buy a pack of disposable thin plastic gloves (100 for a dollar at a dollar or 99 cents store), and take a bunch on every cruise. I wear one on my right hand when I go through the buffet line. Of course, I take it off, reversing it as I do, when I get to my table, and throw it away.

Edited by San Diego Ellie

I had the norovirus on the most recent Crown 7 day Mexican. Not only did I not receive apologies or concern while on board, I just contacted customer relations for compensation and received none. The first day of the virus I threw up 26 times, diarhhea, etc., lost 3 days of the cruise due to this. My next step is to contact an attorney. I am Elite with Princess and have cruised for 30 years. Due to the way I've been treated I will be considering other cruise lines. Plus the food on that trip was not good.

I am so surprised emerald! We were on your cruise too, never got sick (THANK GOD!) : ), but I completely agree with what you & moviegal wrote.

My mother did get noro once on a Crystal Cruise line's ship. They credited her for the days she was quarantined. My dad didn't get it until the last day... She says they were incredibly kind during the time she was ill, checking in often & making sure she didn't need anything. I assumed all cruise lines did this in order to encourage people to self-report to the infirmary. You aren't eating their food or using the services around the ship while you are locked up, so it seems like the right thing to do in any case. At least they could have given you some onboard credit to use once you felt better, or credit towards your next Princess cruise.

What are other cruise line's policies? Anyone know what Celebrity does?

I've been on 2 other noro infected cruises and I thought Princess handled the situation comparably. I did find the overall condition/cleanliness of the ship & the service to be a bit lacking in some areas compared to Celebrity, but maybe that's because they were very busy wiping things down & serving us food & drinks that are usually self-service. I have to say the crew were very hardworking and friendly.

I am so surprised emerald! We were on your cruise too, never got sick (THANK GOD!) : ), but I completely agree with what you & moviegal wrote.

My mother did get noro once on a Crystal Cruise line's ship. They credited her for the days she was quarantined. My dad didn't get it until the last day... She says they were incredibly kind during the time she was ill, checking in often & making sure she didn't need anything. I assumed all cruise lines did this in order to encourage people to self-report to the infirmary. You aren't eating their food or using the services around the ship while you are locked up, so it seems like the right thing to do in any case. At least they could have given you some onboard credit to use once you felt better, or credit towards your next Princess cruise.

What are other cruise line's policies? Anyone know what Celebrity does?

I've been on 2 other noro infected cruises and I thought Princess handled the situation comparably. I did find the overall condition/cleanliness of the ship & the service to be a bit lacking in some areas compared to Celebrity, but maybe that's because they were very busy wiping things down & serving us food & drinks that are usually self-service. I have to say the crew were very hardworking and friendly.

I was shocked with the way I was treated. It started at 8:00 am with diarhea then the throwing up started immediately. When I heard the Captain's announcement at noon, I then contacted the medical center. Called several times because no one returned the call. The nurse, Ann, finally called me at 6:00 pm and chewed me out for not reporting sooner. I immediately corrected her and she then backed down. She even referred to me as "you Americans". On the third day I was able to leave the cabin and went to the pursers desk about something else and told the girl about what I went through. No apology. Only that she thought it was great at what a good job they were doing on the ship. No OBC, nothing. I missed Puerta Vallarta which is my favorite port in Mexico, had to argue to get my excursion refunded, etc. Absolutely nothing from Princess, including Corporate. My throat burned for days from throwing up 26 times in one day, and is still a little sore. I understand that this happens, but I am shocked at Princess' response.

I was on the Crown in January. They announced they had an outbreak of GI illness. We were told that only between 25 to 40 people suffered from this outbreak. However the CDC reported 180.

On the buffet lines only the staff would serve the guests and the lines were quite long.

In the evening I could never get through to room service after 10:00 PM. I was told by ship staff that they were too busy serving the "sick" passengers at that time.

I was shocked with the way I was treated. It started at 8:00 am with diarhea then the throwing up started immediately. When I heard the Captain's announcement at noon, I then contacted the medical center. Called several times because no one returned the call. The nurse, Ann, finally called me at 6:00 pm and chewed me out for not reporting sooner. I immediately corrected her and she then backed down. She even referred to me as "you Americans". On the third day I was able to leave the cabin and went to the pursers desk about something else and told the girl about what I went through. No apology. Only that she thought it was great at what a good job they were doing on the ship. No OBC, nothing. I missed Puerta Vallarta which is my favorite port in Mexico, had to argue to get my excursion refunded, etc. Absolutely nothing from Princess, including Corporate. My throat burned for days from throwing up 26 times in one day, and is still a little sore. I understand that this happens, but I am shocked at Princess' response.

Not sure why you did not go to the Med Center instead of calling. If I was that sick, I would be there ASAP.

I agree about the Handwashing stations. I also miss all the Washy-washy

staff at entrances of buffets.

Even when boarding ship, they Should be there!

Too often this simple event goes missing or understaffed and then you

hear of a Noro outbreak.

We were on Crown, mid March.....No issues.

But I noticed, just like on recent NCL ships, they are trying to skirt by with

fewer Washy washy staff..... this is a Bad idea.:mad:

Bring back washy-washy, and Make guests USE the hand sanitizers.

Staff needs to be Careful too.

Noro is NOT fun. Been there. Its horrible.

As to the person who said, Why didnt you go to Medical Center?

I can answer that.

Because when I caught Noro, you are so sick, you really CAN'T leave the bathroom.

And when you can?

You feel so sick & weak, you need to lay down! You are captive in your room!

Thats the sickest I've ever been & thought I was going to die. Its AWFUL.

Everybody needs to practice Keeping It CLEAN.

Perhaps Princess should modify the entrance to the buffet with these hand washing stations like on the Anthem.

Seems this is the best way to get people to wash their hands before handling utensils.

IMG_4812%201280x852.jpg

Those hand washing stations impress me. Wow!

Perhaps Princess should modify the entrance to the buffet with these hand washing stations like on the Anthem.

Seems this is the best way to get people to wash their hands before handling utensils.

IMG_4812%201280x852.jpg

The Regal & Royal has these washing stations at buffet entrance. Not as big though. Just 2 wash basins per way