Kids on Celebrity

love2driveinct

I think your kids will love Celebrity! I've found that it's even better that the ship is not overrun with kids. The kids get lots of special treatment in smaller groups. They have so many activities for them to do, even if it's not in the kid's clubs. (If you want to take a look at the schedule activities, I have some samples of them on my site: http://www.myvirtualvacations.net/celebrity-cruises-for-kids.html)

For the pools, they often turn one "adult only" pool into a family pool. If they are marked adult only, they are okay over 16. I've been on Celebrity Reflection 2 times...one time the pool butlers were asking kids ages in the pool and the other time, as long as the children were behaved, no one said anything.

My boys also love the ping pong, basketball, computer activities, etc. Even if they don't sign up in the kids club, they can still participate in a lot of the scheduled activities around the ship. They may have a basketball challenge or open arcade time. Hope this helps a bit. Enjoy your cruise!

I must share a "thank you" to all who posted in this thread. We have not been on X in a few years and our children will be onboard with us for the 15-night Panama Canal on Infinity in November (ages 6 and 10). While it is their first cruise on X, they each have over 100 nights onboard other cruiselines, so I am interested in how it will compare in their eyes. We use our cruises for family bonding and cultural / educational experiences. In fact, our oldest has not been in a kids club in her past three 7-night cruises (one had a minimum age of 8 to even board the ship and had no kids club) and our youngest didn't go to kids club either her past two 7-night cruises. I did tell them they have to at least check it out on Celebrity. We dined with Texed from the boards back in 2009 and his son loved kids club then, so we hope the amazing positive feedback is still the same :) Our rollcall has not had anyone else share they have children, so I don't anticipate this one to have many. In fact, after being on these boards since 2000, it may very well be the first rollcall I have been on without a single child.

I am hoping they open the Solarium an hour or two a day to families like stated earlier in the thread and in their US policy notes. Contrary to popular belief on some cruise boards, some families do have exceptionally well-behaved children who unlike some adults know how to stand in a line properly and use manners ;)

Just off X with two kids , loved it so much we are going back next year , kids clubs are much quieter than sister companies but fabulous

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My kids will be 11, 15, and 18 and have cruised three times before, but not with Celebrity. We are looking at a June Alaska cruise and I'm sure there will be many families on board, but I was wondering what to expect as far as kids go in general. Will they be everywhere, crowding pools and whirlpools and running amuck? (Like I experienced on a RC cruise a few years ago where there were large youth sports teams and they all liked to stay together so you had to plan your day around them.) I am hoping for a slightly more peaceful experience... LOL

Any thoughts?

Our girls are 9 & 7, havuing been on both rccl and Celebrity numerous times I can tell you they prefer the Celebrity kids program over RCCl.

We are booked on the June 30th 2017 Millennium sailing and the girls are super excited about going to Alaska.

Edited by chotton

• 2 weeks later...
I must share a "thank you" to all who posted in this thread. We have not been on X in a few years and our children will be onboard with us for the 15-night Panama Canal on Infinity in November (ages 6 and 10). While it is their first cruise on X, they each have over 100 nights onboard other cruiselines, so I am interested in how it will compare in their eyes. We use our cruises for family bonding and cultural / educational experiences. In fact, our oldest has not been in a kids club in her past three 7-night cruises (one had a minimum age of 8 to even board the ship and had no kids club) and our youngest didn't go to kids club either her past two 7-night cruises. I did tell them they have to at least check it out on Celebrity. We dined with Texed from the boards back in 2009 and his son loved kids club then, so we hope the amazing positive feedback is still the same :) Our rollcall has not had anyone else share they have children, so I don't anticipate this one to have many. In fact, after being on these boards since 2000, it may very well be the first rollcall I have been on without a single child.

I am hoping they open the Solarium an hour or two a day to families like stated earlier in the thread and in their US policy notes. Contrary to popular belief on some cruise boards, some families do have exceptionally well-behaved children who unlike some adults know how to stand in a line properly and use manners ;)

I think this itin is a good choice.The 10 year old will be interested in the canal..maybe get some appropriate books about it before you sail! I recall there's also a Pirate excursion...more historical than Hollywood! Enjoy!

I'm taking my seven year old on his fourth cruise next week. He loved Celebrity and the kids club even though there were only 25 kids on his last sailing.

He's gone at 14 months, B2B at four, and this one upcoming.

I like the atmosphere on Celebrity- there are enough kids for mine to play with but the ship isn't overwhelmed with kids. And I think there are plenty of things for them to do.

My kids will be 11, 15, and 18 and have cruised three times before, but not with Celebrity. We are looking at a June Alaska cruise and I'm sure there will be many families on board, but I was wondering what to expect as far as kids go in general. Will they be everywhere, crowding pools and whirlpools and running amuck? (Like I experienced on a RC cruise a few years ago where there were large youth sports teams and they all liked to stay together so you had to plan your day around them.) I am hoping for a slightly more peaceful experience... LOL

Any thoughts?

We also did a Alaska on the Solstice in June of 2015 with two 11 year old boys and a four year old. The kids had a great time. I thought there was a good balance of all age groups and many of the kids on board behaved better and adhered to the dress code more closely than my adults! Our weather was on average in the 80's - in fact I can home with a tan. Co-workers kept saying, I thought you went to Alaska!

Take the kids, enjoy yourself and ignore any negative nellies!