Packing help needed!

How old is your son? I've often been able to 'steal' a bit of suitcase space from my kids when they were younger. May you could put your shoes in his suitcase.

Do you really want advice? You are finding a reason why none of these suggestions can work for you.

Otherwise, take that 5th bag for your shoes and learn how to manage 2 bags to do self assist.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

He's 19 and heavy, so his clothes are big/bulky and he will use all his suitcase. He usually goes through more tops than I do too because he wears a t-shirt under his polos. Trust me, I r tried to use a little bit of his or my husbands before and they won't share.

I could easily manage two bags, we all could. Maybe this is all for nothing...I see no reason why 3 people couldn't easily manage 6 bags.

In my opinion you want to be the best dressed woman on the cruise. I have been on many cruises, as have the women on this board, who in good faith are giving you valuable advice. I don't ever recall coming across a competition/contest to be the best dressed woman on the cruise. Who are you trying to impress, because we all dress to please our spouses and still manage to travel with one suitcase.Try to understand what we are telling you...reduce, reduce, reduce or accept that you are who you are and move on.

He's 19 and heavy, so his clothes are big/bulky and he will use all his suitcase. He usually goes through more tops than I do too because he wears a t-shirt under his polos. Trust me, I r tried to use a little bit of his or my husbands before and they won't share.

I could easily manage two bags, we all could. Maybe this is all for nothing...I see no reason why 3 people couldn't easily manage 6 bags.

Your son is 19...... Perfect, you have your own personal porter!

Take a larger roller each, and your husband and son can take a small roller each as well. 1 for shoes and 1 for cosmetics etc.

As for packing. My mother travels with a lot of linen (pants, dresses, blouses) and swears by the zip lock bag method. You can easily fit 2-4 items neatly folded in each bag and they do not move around or get wrinkled.

I don't know why but it does work.

Your son is 19...... Perfect, you have your own personal porter!

Take a larger roller each, and your husband and son can take a small roller each as well. 1 for shoes and 1 for cosmetics etc.

As for packing. My mother travels with a lot of linen (pants, dresses, blouses) and swears by the zip lock bag method. You can easily fit 2-4 items neatly folded in each bag and they do not move around or get wrinkled.

I don't know why but it does work.

I will practice this at home, thanks! Are you referring to a gallon size bag?

In my opinion you want to be the best dressed woman on the cruise. I have been on many cruises, as have the women on this board, who in good faith are giving you valuable advice. I don't ever recall coming across a competition/contest to be the best dressed woman on the cruise. Who are you trying to impress, because we all dress to please our spouses and still manage to travel with one suitcase.Try to understand what we are telling you...reduce, reduce, reduce or accept that you are who you are and move on.

Oh no! You busted me!! I'm also toting a bag full of jewels in my Louis Vuitton luggage and staying in a Haven Suite. I'm not really a teacher either, I'm living off my trust fund. I just enjoy toying with you commoners.

Cute thread. Obviously you don't wanna take less stuff so don't.

DH and I have traveled to Europe for several months with a cruise in the middle and we have each had a carry on and a personal item. Very freeing but to each her own!

Perfect... Two bags each! Suitcase and a tote or backpack.

Unfortunately the problem with the Internet is there are few emotions in the written word. No facial or sound clues.

The word 'to do less' (post 6) brings out the light packers. Simply asking how to pack clothes without wrinkling would have eliminated a big part of this thread.

Bundle wrap

Tissues

Folders

Man-made materials

Wrinkle release

Ironing

are all ways to eliminate wrinkles.

Could always wear linen and embrace the wrinkles.

Could get larger suitcases. ;)

Clothes and shoes don't have to match, they have to 'go'.

Edited by SadieN

Cute thread. Obviously you don't wanna take less stuff so don't.

DH and I have traveled to Europe for several months with a cruise in the middle and we have each had a carry on and a personal item. Very freeing but to each her own!

Actually I do want to take less, but not to the extent some are suggesting. Lol Even my parents laugh when we go visit them for a weekend with our big suitcase and that large toiletry bag that seems to bother some so much. (They live in a tiny mountain town where nobody dresses up except for church) It would be nice if I could "pack light" someday, but I think I might have a panic attack! [emoji3]

Perfect... Two bags each! Suitcase and a tote or backpack.

Unfortunately the problem with the Internet is there are few emotions in the written word. No facial or sound clues.

The word 'to do less' (post 6) brings out the light packers. Simply asking how to pack clothes without wrinkling would have eliminated a big part of this thread.

Bundle wrap

Tissues

Folders

Man-made materials

Wrinkle release

Ironing

are all ways to eliminate wrinkles.

Could always wear linen and embrace the wrinkles.

Could get larger suitcases. ;)

Clothes and shoes don't have to match, they have to 'go'.

Yeah, my "less" is not taking the dressier clothes we normally take. No formal or cocktail dresses, fewer dress pants. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around being allowed to wear shorts in the dining room. We've never been on a cruise where that was allowed, not to say some didn't care and wore whatever they wanted. I love maxi dresses because they are cool and comfortable, yet keep me from getting chilled by the A/C.

Bundle wrap?

What are folders?

We take wrinkle release and I'd pack an iron if we were allowed. I mean why not, I pack everything else. [emoji6]

I have actually managed to take linen without any trouble before, in a garment bag. I won't be taking any this trip. We also use those dry cleaner bags.

Not sure they make a suitcase larger than mine. [emoji3]

I am thinking a big suitcase and some type of shoulder bag is more realistic for our family. That would still be downsizing.

Head to Travelsmith dot com and click on travel accessories. Go to the upper right for folders and stuff. Then explore. I've been looking at a few of these because our next cruise is 32 days in the Arctic. Thankfully the parkas, boots and waterproof pants are being delivered to the ship. This was billed as an expedition style cruise with a more casial dress code. Then it seems some Crystal regulars cried foul ad there are 2 black tie optional nights. I am using the color palette method and we always use onboard laundry for several things. You get a free bag to stuff as full as you can after you hit a certain level on RCCL lines. Crystal is an inclusive cruise line but I don't know or care if they charge for laundry I am not hand washing wool knee hi socks or jeans or sweaters. I currently am looking at 4 pairs of shoes total. I may trim that to 3 if we decide to skip the 2 BTO nights. You could cut back up to one set of flip flops IF you don't match them to your swim suits but to your pedicure color. Tommy Bahama has a pair of really nice (and expensive) pair of red coral sequined starfish flip flops. Mtach a nail color to those and then find suits that mix with that color. And you could take one maxi dress and wear it once on the cruise and then in Savannah. Actually you could wear it one night to the main dining room and another night to a specialty restaurant. Make it low cut and your hubby will probably love seeing it more than once. You can leave a pair of heels in you car's trunk to wear in Savannah. If it is a tropical or other print try and find one that has some color in it that would also go with capris in black, white, navy and tan. Like a royal blue. Then find a cardigan in that color to go with your dress and you can bring it along at night if you get chilly wearing just a top. The folders help you pack more in less space and with fewer wrinkles. Have you thought about skipping the daily photos and buy a session where you all wear like a white polo and black slacks/capris? Great photos from all the ones I've seen and one friend had her family's best one in their Christmas cards that year. Am I getting closer? :)

Oh, irons are totally illegal to bring onboard. If you would iron just go to any onboard laundry if they have one which is where there will be an iron and room to use it. Most return passengers normally get two free pieces ironed fairly early in the seniority process of repeat customers.

Edited by NorthernLite

Head to Travelsmith dot com and click on travel accessories. Go to the upper right for folders and stuff. Then explore. I've been looking at a few of these because our next cruise is 32 days in the Arctic. Thankfully the parkas, boots and waterproof pants are being delivered to the ship. This was billed as an expedition style cruise with a more casial dress code. Then it seems some Crystal regulars cried foul ad there are 2 black tie optional nights. I am using the color palette method and we always use onboard laundry for several things. You get a free bag to stuff as full as you can after you hit a certain level on RCCL lines. Crystal is an inclusive cruise line but I don't know or care if they charge for laundry I am not hand washing wool knee hi socks or jeans or sweaters. I currently am looking at 4 pairs of shoes total. I may trim that to 3 if we decide to skip the 2 BTO nights. You could cut back up to one set of flip flops IF you don't match them to your swim suits but to your pedicure color. Tommy Bahama has a pair of really nice (and expensive) pair of red coral sequined starfish flip flops. Mtach a nail color to those and then find suits that mix with that color. And you could take one maxi dress and wear it once on the cruise and then in Savannah. Actually you could wear it one night to the main dining room and another night to a specialty restaurant. Make it low cut and your hubby will probably love seeing it more than once. You can leave a pair of heels in you car's trunk to wear in Savannah. If it is a tropical or other print try and find one that has some color in it that would also go with capris in black, white, navy and tan. Like a royal blue. Then find a cardigan in that color to go with your dress and you can bring it along at night if you get chilly wearing just a top. The folders help you pack more in less space and with fewer wrinkles. Have you thought about skipping the daily photos and buy a session where you all wear like a white polo and black slacks/capris? Great photos from all the ones I've seen and one friend had her family's best one in their Christmas cards that year. Am I getting closer? :)

Oh, irons are totally illegal to bring onboard. If you would iron just go to any onboard laundry if they have one which is where there will be an iron and room to use it. Most return passengers normally get two free pieces ironed fairly early in the seniority process of repeat customers.

Those folders look great! Thanks!! Between that and choosing a color palette, I think I will be in good shape. I suppose I could also take fewer swimsuits too and leave my brown one at home. I've taken it on every cruise I've been on because I like the little skirt that matches it. I can just put a t-shirt over it and I'm good to go anywhere. I already told my husband I need some new ones before our next cruise anyway. I can live with one pair of flip flops. By the way, do you put the folders in a suitcase or just carry them? It looks like you would just carry them since they have a handle.

I know we can't bring irons. [emoji17]

This will be our first NCL cruise, so we won't get any perks. It sounds like it will much more casual than the other ships we've been on. I really don't know what to expect.

Okay, I do admit I'm a sucker for the nightly photos, especially when our son is with us. We don't have many pictures of the three of us and the cruises he is with us I beg him to take to take some. I don't know how many more he will be joining us on. Our last family pics were on a cruise formal night. I wore black and the guys wore black and pink. Yes, I picked out their shirts and ties.

By the way, a 32 day cruise would be awesome!!

I think my biggest question is not what I can do without as much as how do I cram what I need in a suitcase without everything looking awful when we get there.

I think packing cubes help with no wrinkling. On Princess, they have a laundry room with ironing boards and irons too. I interweave the clothes so nothing has a sharp fold, it is always cushioned by a "pad" of other fabrics, with a central core of something folded that doesn't wrinkle, like sweatshirts/nightgowns. You might look on youtube for various packing method videos, and get some ideas there.

The packing cubes keep things from shifting in transit. Some of the clothes I also slip the drycleaning plastic bag around items before interweaving them in, and that helps too.

Interesting. I've never heard this before.

Several years ago a young woman attorney from Austin, Texas won third place in the National Geographic Traveler magazine for this packing method; she took it one step farther and added to the bag a three-by-five inch file card with information about the jewelry, belt, and shoes for the outfit.

Yeah, my "less" is not taking the dressier clothes we normally take. No formal or cocktail dresses, fewer dress pants. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around being allowed to wear shorts in the dining room. We've never been on a cruise where that was allowed, not to say some didn't care and wore whatever they wanted. I love maxi dresses because they are cool and comfortable, yet keep me from getting chilled by the A/C.

Bundle wrap?

What are folders?

We take wrinkle release and I'd pack an iron if we were allowed. I mean why not, I pack everything else. [emoji6]

I have actually managed to take linen without any trouble before, in a garment bag. I won't be taking any this trip. We also use those dry cleaner bags.

Not sure they make a suitcase larger than mine. [emoji3]

I am thinking a big suitcase and some type of shoulder bag is more realistic for our family. That would still be downsizing.

I believe you said originally you're going on NCL, not Cunard.

"Bundle wrap" is fully described and illustrated in The Art of Packing. You can find a new or used copy on http://www.abebooks.com.

"Folders" can be ordered from Eagle Creek: http://www.eaglecreek.com. You may enjoy a visit to their website.

If NCL in the Caribbean is like our POA Hawaiian cruise was you will be among the best dressed on the ship. Things have changed a lot since our firrst cruise and their new, then, as you like it theme. I think the idea of doubling your work out wear as a beach cover up for a water excursion is a great idea. So is skipping the wedges and at least one pair of sandals. We don't bring wine aboard but my make up bag also holds all our medications. We actually do well with a large duffel bag we got at either Lands End or LL Bean. Almost everything folded and vaguely casual goes in it and it has a separate base that zips open for shoes or other heavy or flatter items. Then we use a matching garment bag that really can hold a lot of things as it also has inside webbed pockets and outside zip pockets.

And I think we all know the first rule of cruising. Wear your skinny clothes first! :) LOL. This was probably a few years back but there was a thread about the most versatile dress shoe. Turns out we have several former beauty queens on CC and taupe or a fleshy cream is what most wore with their evening gowns. Basically they became invisible to most onlookers. You can also mix and match tops and bottoms of two piece swimsuits from bikinis to tankinis so 2 tops and two bottoms make about 4 or 5 combos. And hair products may be necessary but shampoo and conditioner? And much as I prefer my own there is no way I would pack my blow dryer if one is provided. Oh, if you find a dirty robe or anything else in your cabin let the room steward know immediately and you will get a clean replacement very quickly. You might also talk to your home hair stylist for an effective but less product heavy regime for vacations. Mine has me down to taking my travel size version of a leave in conditioner instead of using the ship's that makes my hair go limp and small can of a style spray to add a touch of lift.

TA 178688 on http://www.llbean.com is the item number of the Sportman's Rolling Gear Bag, Drop Bottom Extra Large that I used for eight weeks aboard the Prinsendam last fall and 60 days aboard the Maasdam this past winter: http://www.llbean.com. That was one of my two pieces of checked luggage; the other was a Tumi 4-Wheeled Extended Trip Garment Bag that I was lucky enough to inherit three years ago: http://www.tumi.com.

TA237235 is the Sportsman's Rolling Gear Bag, Medium that I used as my carry-on and TA293970 is the Sportsman's Rucksack that qualifies, believe it or not, as a personal item. Lacking a piece of Louis Vuitton in which to pack my jewels (picked this bit up from one of your posts), the rucksack does nicely, and I'd much rather spend money on cruises and shore excursions than on LV luggage!

NorthernLite referred to a matching garment bag; I believe she may be referencing TA222521, the Sportsman's Rolling Garment Bag. Although it looks small, the inside webbed pockets and the outside zippered pockets can hold a lot of "stuff."

I don't know how familiar you are with L.L. Bean, but if any of their items I mentioned gets damaged during a trip, you can get a box and return label for $6.00 by calling or going online and send the item(s) back to them. They will either repair or replace the item free of charge without a time limit.

Reading the posts here has been educational, informative, and amusing! I have veered off on the subject of luggage tonight, and I hope you will indulge me even though I'm not terribly knowledgeable on the subject (in the past 20 years I have only used the Hartmann walnut tweed pieces I inherited from my mother, the Tumi bag from my sister, and the L.L. Bean Sportsman's Luggage pieces I have bought myself). There is, however, a poster who is, in my opinion, "the quintessential luggage expert." Perhaps she'll join in and offer some "tricks of the trade" about choosing and using luggage to your maximum advantage.

P.S. Do you have a portable Balanzza luggage scale? I'm thinking that in the years to come you'll be flying to various cruise embarkation locations with DH and DS.....

TA 178688 on http://www.llbean.com is the item number of the Sportman's Rolling Gear Bag, Drop Bottom Extra Large that I used for eight weeks aboard the Prinsendam last fall and 60 days aboard the Maasdam this past winter: http://www.llbean.com. That was one of my two pieces of checked luggage; the other was a Tumi 4-Wheeled Extended Trip Garment Bag that I was lucky enough to inherit three years ago: http://www.tumi.com.

NorthernLite referred to a matching garment bag; I believe she may be referencing TA222521, the Sportsman's Rolling Garment Bag. Although it looks small, the inside webbed pockets and the outside zippered pockets can hold a lot of "stuff."

I don't know how familiar you are with L.L. Bean, but if any of their items I mentioned gets damaged during a trip, you can get a box and return label for $6.00 by calling or going online and send the item(s) back to them. They will either repair or replace the item free of charge without a time limit.

DeeDee Groff, I think you have exactly what we have except yours are updated versions. Ours are the heavy duty navy canvas with leather trim. It looks like they have improved the wheels also but I think the rubber and leather feet under the duffel/gear bag are better on ours. The garment bag has held a tuxedo, suit, blazer and a dinner suit of mine plus a few blouses and a mens dress shirt or two plus his T-shirts, boxers and socks. I love the outer pocket on it because anything that can't go through TSA I throw in there at the last minute like nail file, tweezers and a travel umbrella if we aren't cruising. Well worth every sent they cost and much better for most things than my old hard side Samsonite set I bought back in my Army days.

Oh, and yes, LL Bean has the best warrantee in the world! My husband bought a parka when we retired back here in 2012 and two years later the main zipper to the outer shell started pulling away. They fixed it and you cannot tell anything was ever wrong with it.

I have looked at Tumi just recently because the carry on bag I bought for my husband soon after we were married is about to wear out. I got a steal on this fine, soft black leather bag at Sharper Image way back in the day. It was great for his 2 and 3 day trips in Europe as all he needed was a few shirts and extra tie or two, underwear and a book. It has 3 inner compartments that zip separately and two snal and buckle small pockets on one side. This is an early 1990's era carry on and not those big things they allow today. We now use it as our "medical bag" and for stashing the iPad and Nook in the center section.

Sorry NC, folders are normally meant to be packed but they often put hangers on them for sticking the folder itself in the closet after you unpack. I was actually flipping through channels the other night and I think HSN was demonstrating what all one of those cubes held. I do not shop by TV but when I saw Travelsmith I stopped. The host was pulling 1 trench coat, 1 wind breaker, several knit tops around one folder and 3 pairs of capris out of one cube. Everything looked very unwrinkled too. I learned how to fold mens dress shirts and most womens blouses along time ago so they won't wrinkle if packed well but the folder in their set even had the directions with sketches on the plastic piece you fold around. I would still try to see how much you can leave home without having a panic attack but those kind of items are rather helpful for what you do bring. And get good shoe bags so you don't get scuff marks transferred.

And yes, this 32 day cruise will be one hellava adventure but talk about a nightmare to pack for once we saw that warm day wear for above the Bering Strait to Maine won't cut it for Crystal casual dinners. My crepe slacks will get a lot of use and my silk long johns will be doing double duty as sleep wear for the Nome to Nuuk run. :)

Edited by NorthernLite

I care if my shoes match my clothes. That would drive me crazy! I wouldn't wear clothes that don't match anywhere. You seem to think I'm all about impressing people. That's not the case at all. As be said before, I want to look nice for my husband.

OMG, I was not talking about "shoes" and "outfits." I asked if it really matters if your "flip flops" that you wear to go from your cabin to the pool, match all your bathing suits. But I saw in a later reply that you did come around to saying you thought you could pack 1 pair of flip flops so yay you!

You keep saying this is all only to look good for your husband and not about impressing other people, but a few replies ago you said that as soon as you come home from work you change into sweats or pj's. I don't think there's anything wrong with that (I tend to do the same), but I doubt it impresses your husband very much. So I do have to wonder if this "pulling out all the stops" beauty and clothing routine on a cruise is really about looking good for him or about impressing other people. Don't get me wrong, a cruise is a special occasion so of course you aren't going to run around in sweats, and I'm all about "date night" and looking nice for your husband, but I doubt you need to go to these far-reaching extremes if the goal is simply to look nice for him.

Anyway, initially you said your bag count was at 7 not counting your son and you want to get it down. You've since said you don't need to take formal wear on this cruise, so presumably that means you can eliminate the 2 garment bags you mentioned, so now you're down to 5 bags. If everyone is going to carry 2 suitcases you only need to eliminate 1 more. You've also said you've decided you can eliminate a few pairs of flip flops and shoes, all the matching bras, and some bathing suits so you're well on your way to eliminating that 5th bag. If you'll just plan to send a few things out to be laundered mid-cruise, coordinate a mix and match wardrobe so you can wear a few things twice (ex. basic black pants in the evening; can be worn 2-3 times with different tops) you'll have reduced enough that you don't need to worry about how to fold it differently or pack it differently or whatever, because you won't actually be cramming any more in a bag than you normally do. Problem solved.

Judging by this paragraph, I don't think there's much hope in you bringing fewer suitcases. You alone will need three bags. Until you decide that three pair of shoes is enough, that you can wear to dinner what you wore during the day, that you can actually do a load of laundry and re-wear an item, then you'll continue to have three suitcases. Best of luck!

Fryee--- got it backwards. It's not "that you can wear to dinner what you wore during the day" but rather wear at dinner then wear it the next day. Clean clothes at night, repeated during the day.

It's a mindset issue. Mind has to change before specifics change.

Edited by SadieN

Fryee--- got it backwards. It's not "that you can wear to dinner what you wore during the day" but rather wear at dinner then wear it the next day. Clean clothes at night, repeated during the day.

Yes, that's what I do too - at night first, then a repeat the next day (context depending - where I eat dinner, what I'm planning to do during the day:p) On the other hand, I don't mind a little laundry in the cabin or on board and I usually bring metallic shoes that go with everything (well, maybe one black and one metallic;)) Our next cruise is part of a 20 or 22 day trip in southeast Asia - there will be LOTS of laundry involved, and not so much luggage. Different strokes for different folks and variety is the spice of life:D

I also rotate my pajamas in a similar way, actually. Whatever I bring as "pajamas" (really, just cabin or hotel lounge wear as I don't sleep in them) is something that I can wear/use elsewhere. For business trips, it's usually exercise clothing - 2 prs capris and wicking tees, wear Set A on night 1, exercise day 2 then wash; Set B lounge on day 2, exercise Day 3. Night 3 - repeat from the start. Add a sports bra and a couple pairs of socks and I can exercise as needed.

About wrinkling----

Patterns hide wrinkles and any messes. I know some who wear brown 'mottled' shirts because they hide coffee stains.

Edited by SadieN

You might look on youtube for various packing method videos, and get some ideas there.

The packing cubes keep things from shifting in transit. Some of the clothes I also slip the drycleaning plastic bag around items before interweaving them in, and that helps too.

YouTube videos are a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that

We always use dry cleaning bags too.

I believe you said originally you're going on NCL, not Cunard.

Everyone always says Carnival is the Walmart of cruising and you aren't allowed to wear shorts in their dining rooms. We've been on Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Princess and no shorts allowed in the dining rooms on any of them.

P.S. Do you have a portable Balanzza luggage scale? I'm thinking that in the years to come you'll be flying to various cruise embarkation locations with DH and DS.....

I don't know about that. I'm terrified of flying. I've only tried it a couple of times and it wasn't very pleasant for me. The older I get the more scared I am, especially with what's going on in the world nowadays. We drive to Miami, even though it's 12 hours and takes us two days.

Sorry NC, folders are normally meant to be packed but they often put hangers on them for sticking the folder itself in the closet after you unpack. I was actually flipping through channels the other night and I think HSN was demonstrating what all one of those cubes held. I do not shop by TV but when I saw Travelsmith I stopped. The host was pulling 1 trench coat, 1 wind breaker, several knit tops around one folder and 3 pairs of capris out of one cube. Everything looked very unwrinkled too. I learned how to fold mens dress shirts and most womens blouses along time ago so they won't wrinkle if packed well but the folder in their set even had the directions with sketches on the plastic piece you fold around. I would still try to see how much you can leave home without having a panic attack but those kind of items are rather helpful for what you do bring. And get good shoe bags so you don't get scuff marks transferred.

And yes, this 32 day cruise will be one hellava adventure but talk about a nightmare to pack for once we saw that warm day wear for above the Bering Strait to Maine won't cut it for Crystal casual dinners. My crepe slacks will get a lot of use and my silk long johns will be doing double duty as sleep wear for the Nome to Nuuk run. :)

I don't think I will have any trouble now that you told me about folders. I plan to pick up one. I wasn't worried about my clothes not fitting as much as I was worried my dress clothes would get all wrinkled. I think the folders (I hope!) will solve this problem.

I can't even image taking a 32 day cruise! Maybe someday, but I doubt it.

I can't even image taking a 32 day cruise! Maybe someday, but I doubt it.

Only if you're willing to do laundry. ;). Doubt anyone brings 32 days worth of clothes. Pack for a week and repeat.

The folders will hold a lot of clothes. We use the medium sized ones (large are a bit too big for our liking). I know I've packed at least 4 of DH's shirts, 2 khakis and a pair of shorts on one folder. Hint- pack men's shirts with the fronts facing and alternate the necks. Once their locked in, there's no movement.

If you have a Flip Fold it'll make everything a uniform size. It's the only time I use that contraption.

Edited by SadieN