Packing help needed!

We did it! We went from 7 bags for 2 people to 5 bags (2 were backpacks) for 3. We walked right off the ship with them no problem. Love self-assist and can't imagine going back to our old ways. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good for you! See, it can be done

Thank you for coming back and telling us how it went!

Now, was there anything that you did NOT use that you packed? Anything that you truly needed and could not pick up in your travels? Take inventory of what was/wasn't used and remember this for next time. It's not a one-time shedding, but it is a multi-trip process to get to that balance.

Good for you! See, it can be done

[emoji106]

Thank you for coming back and telling us how it went!

Now, was there anything that you did NOT use that you packed? Anything that you truly needed and could not pick up in your travels? Take inventory of what was/wasn't used and remember this for next time. It's not a one-time shedding, but it is a multi-trip process to get to that balance.

I didn't wear two of my blouses, one because it was dirty, a skirt, one pair of shorts, some underwear and socks. I didn't wear all the jewelry, because it went with blouses I didn't wear. I also had a t-shirt and tank I didn't wear because of shirts I bought in ports. My husband had one pair of shorts and 2 polos he didn't wear. However, I did miss some things I normally bring...my make-up mirror (I won't travel without it again!!), and I wished I had brought more swimsuits (I only took 4, I usually bring more). Oh and I didn't use my flat iron. I cut several inches off before our cruise and ended up curling it every night. That reminds me, I didn't use all the shampoo and conditioner I brought either. We also didn't use our Yetis enough to drag them along again.

[emoji106]

I didn't wear two of my blouses, one because it was dirty, a skirt, one pair of shorts, some underwear and socks. I didn't wear all the jewelry, because it went with blouses I didn't wear. I also had a t-shirt and tank I didn't wear because of shirts I bought in ports. My husband had one pair of shorts and 2 polos he didn't wear. However, I did miss some things I normally bring...my make-up mirror (I won't travel without it again!!), and I wished I had brought more swimsuits (I only took 4, I usually bring more). Oh and I didn't use my flat iron. I cut several inches off before our cruise and ended up curling it every night. That reminds me, I didn't use all the shampoo and conditioner I brought either. We also didn't use our Yetis enough to drag them along again.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Packing is a truly an art. Sounds like you're well on your way to mastering the art of packing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats! I also never travel without my make up mirror. The one I travel with is just a basic flip over with the second side a 4X magnification but it is the right height for every hotel and cruise desk I've come across except one. I left it home when we booked our first concierge class cabin on Celebrity and it didn't have a make up mirror! Sounds like you really figured this out well on your first try. Next time cut back on the blouses or whatever and take another swimsuit or two.

I must have missed something. What is a Yeti, well, besides a huge Asian Big Foot.

Congrats! I also never travel without my make up mirror. The one I travel with is just a basic flip over with the second side a 4X magnification but it is the right height for every hotel and cruise desk I've come across except one. I left it home when we booked our first concierge class cabin on Celebrity and it didn't have a make up mirror! Sounds like you really figured this out well on your first try. Next time cut back on the blouses or whatever and take another swimsuit or two.

I must have missed something. What is a Yeti, well, besides a huge Asian Big Foot.

Yeah, it was a pain trying to do my make-up without it. Never again!

A Yeti is an insulated cup that will keep a beverage cold all day in the heat.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Its the brand name of a very high end (and very high priced) line of coolers that can keep ice from melting for days on end. They also make beverage tumblers and koozies. The yeti tumbler won't keep ice for days on end but does a pretty darn good job of keeping a beverage cold for an extended period of time.

http://yeticoolers.com/?gclid=CPfauuGW780CFRCRaQodQaQJ1w

From another thread - for those interested:

I know this is a clothes chat. But I've got to share what I think is helping me lose weight(5/6 lbs) and not know it. On some comparisons by friends and you tube video, I went to Wal-Mart and bought a $9.74 glass.[ATTACH]389919[/ATTACH]

I fill the large one with ice and water at night and take to my bedroom. It stays icy till morning, and even cold 24 hours later. It compares to a $40 Yetti. The handle belongs to a Tervis. I put the stones on to tell mine apart from roomie in upcoming cruise. I bought the 2nd one, s 20 oz $7.94 ish, to pour mixed drinks in it. No melty mixed drinks for me at the pool.

Went shopping today and still had ice and soda after leaving in a hot car!

I even went and bought the smaller handle in lime green for this smaller cup. My plan is to fill the big one with lemonade.

I fill the big one with water whenever it's empty. I dislike room temp water so I never drank very much. Now I drink it all the time!

If you need a glass, I highly recommend this one from Wal-Mart. In the camping section with all the other campfire stuff! I don't recommend the coozies, not all bottles fit.

• 1 month later...