can't prepay service charges!

az-cruiser

:confused:

SO i checked the service charges last week and decided to go in the next day to prepay them.....nope, since last Tuesday, every time i try, I click the link to prepay and the little bar just clocks and then it's blank! I booked this cruise over a year ago. It doesn't leave until June. so I should be able to prepay them. Anyone else having this issue or know what the problem could be?

You aren't the only one having issues. I believe it is an issue with their website. If you don't leave until June you have lots of time for them to fix the issue.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The gratuities are being increased, so I'm sure it's just a computer problem. AS soon as the new price is added, you will be able to prepay the new price! You have plenty of time!

SO i checked the service charges last week and decided to go in the next day to prepay them.....nope, since last Tuesday, every time i try, I click the link to prepay and the little bar just clocks and then it's blank! I booked this cruise over a year ago. It doesn't leave until June. so I should be able to prepay them. Anyone else having this issue or know what the problem could be?

Pick up the phone and call. You are making something over nothing.

Huh I was gonna actually start a thread about this today. I noticed the last few days it would allow us to add the gratuities, and we don't leave till October. I thought maybe there was some rule like we are too close to sailing or something but like I said we ain't going till Oct. I don't get it, all I get is a little grey bar. Hope they fix it soon though.

The gratuities are being increased, so I'm sure it's just a computer problem. AS soon as the new price is added, you will be able to prepay the new price! You have plenty of time!

DSC is based on the price when you booked so you're way off with this conspiracy theory

I had been having the same issue on the website, but it suddenly started working last week. I found it interesting that it was only charging me $12.95 per day (per person). The current rate is $13.50. We also just accepted an upsell to the Haven - which should be $15.50 per day...

DSC is based on the price when you booked so you're way off with this conspiracy theory

Not true. Last increase we had option to prepay under lower rate by a certain date. We had 2 cruises booked, one of which I did not think we would really take. So paid the one for our Epic 2015 cruise. Decided to go on the other, which is in a few weeks. Price is current $13.50 a person, not what it was when we booked over a year ago.

But I do think base on what occurred last time, if they increase it, those who already booked can prepay under the cheaper rate. (But if they wait, will have to pay the going rate.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just went to the NCL site and was able to prepay our DSC. The rate was $12.95 daily per person. This cruise was booked over a year ago.

For the past week or more, I could not make the payment on the site.

Why you just saved me $42!

I was planning on a paying my service charge onboard since I thought there was a deadline to pay at old rate. But when I checked online after reading this, it is $12 a day to prepay. I found the email they sent when they raised the rate and it says if you prepay before final payment , it is old rate. If you wait until you board it is new rate. Sorry I posted wrong info above about having to prepay by a certain date. The rate went up twice on this cruise, and each time we received an email. We are after final payment, and it still shows the old rate. 94e0570bfe9f77c95c81389b271c662c.jpg

Can you purchase a "gift certificate" for OBC? If so, it would pay the charges.

Edited by blizzardboy

I had the same problem. Called NCL Technical Service Department. They did some "computer magic" and now I can see my gratuities again. Plan to prepay next month to get it out of the way.

If you call they can fix it pretty easily, only took 5 minutes.

Not true. Last increase we had option to prepay under lower rate by a certain date. We had 2 cruises booked, one of which I did not think we would really take. So paid the one for our Epic 2015 cruise. Decided to go on the other, which is in a few weeks. Price is current $13.50 a person, not what it was when we booked over a year ago.

But I do think base on what occurred last time, if they increase it, those who already booked can prepay under the cheaper rate. (But if they wait, will have to pay the going rate.)

Just pre paid my gratuities 1 week before my cruise which left 04.24. Paid lower rate dating back to 03/15 when we booked the cruise. Lower rate and exchange rate at time of booking. Not sure what happened with you in the past I can only tell my current experience

Just pre paid my gratuities 1 week before my cruise which left 04.24. Paid lower rate dating back to 03/15 when we booked the cruise. Lower rate and exchange rate at time of booking. Not sure what happened with you in the past I can only tell my current experience

Yes, I was wrong in that post. I dug up my old email and it says I have until "final payment" to pay at the lower rate. But my cruise that leaves in 2 weeks is still at the $12 rate for prepayment. So feel bad I posted bad info, but happy I discovered I was wrong. We have 4 sailing, so saving $42 to prepay [emoji4]

Yes, I was wrong in that post. I dug up my old email and it says I have until "final payment" to pay at the lower rate. But my cruise that leaves in 2 weeks is still at the $12 rate for prepayment. So feel bad I posted bad info, but happy I discovered I was wrong. We have 4 sailing, so saving $42 to prepay [emoji4]

And good on you for coming back and admitting to what was an understandable misunderstanding. I notice that the person who started off that little thread detour hasn't been back though. :)