Live Eclipse - diversion due to storm

SimpleToad

The captain has just announced as we are about to leave the port at Nassau, Bahamas that due to a dangerous storm in the Bermuda region the Celebrity Eclipse will now head direct to Lisbon, arriving Tuesday 26th a day early.

Hi,

does that mean that you will have an extra day in Lisbon?

Annoying if you were looking forward to the port that was cancelled, otherwise I'd say, great, because I've heard many times that Lisbon is a great place.

I hope you will not have rough seas due to the storm!

The captain has just announced as we are about to leave the port at Nassau, Bahamas that due to a dangerous storm in the Bermuda region the Celebrity Eclipse will now head direct to Lisbon, arriving Tuesday 26th a day early.

Hoping that the seas are calm and the sun shines for the rest of your cruise!

Nope, we'll arrive in Lisbon one day later than scheduled after an added port in LeHavre, France! Disappointed not to be going to Bermuda, but will happily spend a day in France.

Betsy

I would much rather spend a day stopping in LeHavre than Bermuda!

Simple Toad: wondering if you could do me a very big favour. At Guest Relations Desk can you find out if Team Member Neil from Liverpool is behind the desk or if he is expected there shortly. Many thanks.

Enjoy your cruise.

Nope, we'll arrive in Lisbon one day later than scheduled after an added port in LeHavre, France! Disappointed not to be going to Bermuda, but will happily spend a day in France.

Betsy

Le Harve is great! You can take a train into Rouen very inexpensively and the trip only takes an hour. The city is beautiful and the historical section can be viewed easily in half a day. Lots of Joan of Arc sites! The food is amazing and lots of restaurants have great prix fixe menus.

I would take this over the Caribbean any day!

Betsy

Assuming you have been to the beaches of Normandy, in LeHarve,

you can get another couple to share a ride, over to Honfleur.

That is one very nice French village to visit....We have been there. It just so happens to be a favorite place to visit, along the water front. If you have never visited there, I recommend it.

Also, F.Y.I. the last visit, we hired a cab driver

out front of the pier, and, shared a ride to Honfleur, with anohter couple. We paid the fare, and, guaranteed the cab driver the fare BACK to the ship, at a given time.

He did not disappoint us. He was there, 4 hours later.

I hope you get to see this village, and, sorry for your disappointment of missing Bermuda. This visit will make up for it. :)

Le Harve is great! You can take a train into Rouen very inexpensively and the trip only takes an hour. The city is beautiful and the historical section can be viewed easily in half a day. Lots of Joan of Arc sites! The food is amazing and lots of restaurants have great prix fixe menus.

I would take this over the Caribbean any day!

Bermuda is not the Caribbean.