Escape november 5 Not availablr

backsbanny

I am wondering the same thing! Yesterday my inside guarantee cabin was assigned. Can't say that I'm a fan of where I was assigned. So I've been looking at possibly upgrading. So yesterday all cabins were marked with "No category applicable for fare code". Now the whole week is missing on the schedule. Anyone have any idea what's going on? :confused:

Edited by Glitter nails

It could be a charter, I'd think this would be about the time they'd start cancelling a cruise if it was chartered or, it could be a glitch with the system. Either way, if you're booked on this cruise you should receive an email notifying you of the change in the next little while.

Hopefully it's just a glitch,

Good luck

Yes, if you've been around here long enough you've seen some very upset pax who've had their cruises cancelled due to charters. Unfortunately, it happens, has it happened this time? well, if it has, you'll soon know. If it hasn't, you'll soon know because the cruise will appear again on the website.

Have you asked this question on your roll call to find out if anyone has received an email? Just askin'...

So, a charter can completely take over a ship and bump off those who have already booked??

Short answer is yes. The cruise lines always make more on a full ship charter than they do booking individuals and never hesitate to take full ship charters.

Hopefully it's just a computer glitch as others have stated, but I would be calling looking for answers.

You never no with NCL, heck it was reported on here by a TA about the Escape time change for 7 p.m. Departure days before we received the email from NCL themselves.

Sorry. My bad, must have been looking at 2017. I guess the folks on that sailing may be getting the boot then. I might suggest giving them a call and see if someone at NCL can find out. In any case, it might alleviate the OP's unhappiness with their assigned guaranteed room. Sorry.

I did have a friend that was on an Alaskan cruise and half the ship was a almost charter sized group of tourists. Maybe it was something like that. On the down side my friend had a miserable experience that week because the way too large group got far more attention and clogged up a lot of the public spaces. They ended up calling NCL after it was so bad.

Yep about 2016 and there is no need for me to call..I will go on the reflection that day i just wanted to check the price difference because celebrity was actually cheaper than ncl..I wanted to see the exact difference thats why i tried to do a mock booking..Nevermind

Had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago trying to book a last-minute sailing on Escape on May 21st. Eventually I was able to sneak past the goalie, but I received a similar "error" message as you. Stateroom categories showed a price, as opposed to N/A when they're sold out, but when I tried to select a category I got the "No category applicable for fare code". Was trying to book a room for 4 pax (same error also found for 3 pax). Plenty of rooms were available that held 4, but you could only see them if you did a mock booking for 2 pax. Even 3 pax wouldn't work. It was explained to me that they were nearing lifeboat capacity so they would only book 2 pax per room, even if said room could hold 3 or 4. This probably has something to do with the 3rd & 4th free promo.

We are on the Nov 5th sailing, and we haven't been notified of any cancellation at this point. If it is chartered, we may rethink our dates. Just tried a mock booking at NCL and I couldn't get our week. Wait and see, I guess.

We are on the Nov 5th sailing, and we haven't been notified of any cancellation at this point. If it is chartered, we may rethink our dates. Just tried a mock booking at NCL and I couldn't get our week. Wait and see, I guess.

Not that the OP cares, but I did call again to see what's going on. My friend mentioned to me a week where our kids were out of school for several days in November and she was interested in a cruise. This is the one I came up with. I booked. She still has not, thinking she had plenty of time to book. Anyway, the cruise consultant I spoke to understood clearly what I was telling her that the cruise is MISSING from their website. I mentioned that my IB guarantee cabin had been assigned yesterday. She said well they don't assign cabins until they are about to sell out. She is convinced this cruise is sold out. Why it's so popular that is undetermined. I'm thinking partial charter? She did mention it's unusual for cruises to sell out this early, but it does happen.

I believe it's Jersey Week. When all the schools in the state close for a few days to a week.

I could see that filling up the New York area ships, but the Escape..?? The Breakaway is at 40%.

According to that fishy travel site, it was at 60% capacity when they crossed/greyed it out as being no longer for sale.

Edited by LrgPizza