Ncl changed my cabin

b_cruise

I just got an email saying they changed my cabin. I want from an aft cabin to a forward connecting cabin on a different deck. I meticulously pick my cabin. I'll have to call tomorrow but has this ever happened to anyone? I find it really odd. The cruise is one year away on epic

Posters have reported the same thing, but not too often. Be very strong, fight and don't back down. There have been reports where they got their cabin back and others that they didn't but got some OBC. If I remember correctly, most said NCL said that the cabins were mistakenly booked by two parties.

I just got an email saying they changed my cabin. I want from an aft cabin to a forward connecting cabin on a different deck. I meticulously pick my cabin. I'll have to call tomorrow but has this ever happened to anyone? I find it really odd. The cruise is one year away on epic

Is your new cabin "better"? Although you picked your original cabin, would it be better to keep the new one?

Can I ask was it an HC cabin you had booked?

I would flip out if they changed my cabin! The good thing is your cruise is a year out.

If they don't give you your original cabin maybe you can pick one you are happy with and get some OBC.

Please keep us posted. Good luck!

Others have reported marking their cabin reservations as "do not move", because otherwise this is allowed to happen. I'd call and pitch a fit. If nothing else, try to get an upgrade out of it for no additional cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Others have reported marking their cabin reservations as "do not move", because otherwise this is allowed to happen.

This is allowed to happen no matter what the reservation says. The contract does not guarantee specific cabin even when one had selected it when booking - only thing guaranteed is the cabin category (or higher).

But yes, I'd also be annoyed and probably would dispute the change.

the only time I have had this happen is when the price went down and I had to do a cancel and rebook, I assumed I would get the same cabin. Luckily I always ask for a new conformation email and I immediately checked it and was able to get my old cabin back. When you do a cancel and rebook sometimes they change the cabin on you

Okay so here is what happened. In the email they stated my cabin was not available with embarkment in Barcelona ( not true). It was a studio cabin very back deck 12. In the email, they changed me to deck 11 very front studio.

Called the number in email ( executive offices), on hold 30 minutes. Hung up

Called the number again, on hold more than 30 minutes, hung up.

Called NCL web phone number, spoke to a nice gal who informed me all the aft studio cabins deck 12 are taken ( I'm assuming maybe an agency block booked them but total assumption). So I'm changed to deck above but aft which is fine.

The problem I have is my hold time and waste of time after all I'd rather be reading cruiseccritic, lol!! She said she could not offer me anything but I should talk to supervisor, so on hold AGAIN. Approx 10 minute hold for a $25 obc..

I have to say though, the supervisor did try to see what if any promos were available. I think they gave me good service..just my wasted time really sucked.

Okay so here is what happened. In the email they stated my cabin was not available with embarkment in Barcelona ( not true). It was a studio cabin very back deck 12. In the email, they changed me to deck 11 very front studio.

Called the number in email ( executive offices), on hold 30 minutes. Hung up

Called the number again, on hold more than 30 minutes, hung up.

Called NCL web phone number, spoke to a nice gal who informed me all the aft studio cabins deck 12 are taken ( I'm assuming maybe an agency block booked them but total assumption). So I'm changed to deck above but aft which is fine.

The problem I have is my hold time and waste of time after all I'd rather be reading cruiseccritic, lol!! She said she could not offer me anything but I should talk to supervisor, so on hold AGAIN. Approx 10 minute hold for a $25 obc..

I have to say though, the supervisor did try to see what if any promos were available. I think they gave me good service..just my wasted time really sucked.

Glad you are satisfied and that you got good service. Edited by NLH Arizona

This is allowed to happen no matter what the reservation says. The contract does not guarantee specific cabin even when one had selected it when booking - only thing guaranteed is the cabin category (or higher).

Actually, the contract language is that they can move you to "higher priced accommodations." It's ambiguous because it doesn't specify whether it is higher than the price you paid at the time of upgrade or higher priced at the time of the "upgrade." I think the contract if it came to litigation would likely be interpreted in favor of the consumer. In fact, I think given the way they market guarantee cabins, and that NCL's contract is one of adhesion, they probably would not want to litigate the enforceability of the contract.

But for the record, if you get involuntarily moved and they put you in a cabin that is selling for the same amount or less than the price you paid, you probably have some leverage under the contract.

A few years ago we decided to do a back to back on Epic.

This was when the ship was sailing alternating eastern and western itineraries. We wanted to try an aft facing balcony for a few years and tried to book that category for the 2 weeks. Unfortunately an aft facing balcony was only available for the 2nd week so we booked it for the 2nd week and had a midship balcony for the 1st week.

On day 5 or 6 of the 1st week sailing we received a letter from the ship telling us how happy they were that we would be sailing with them again next week. The letter told us that all we had to do was pack up our items and leave the suitcases and any other possessions in our cabin and that our stateroom attendant would have them delivered to our next cabin.

The cabin number of the next cabin was correct , the aft facing balcony we had chosen.

We had to leave the ship once it docked in Miami and spend about 45 minutes in an area with other "in transit" guests.

We were then taken back onto the ship and told to go to guest services to receive our new cabin keycards.

When we got to the counter we were told that we had been upgraded to a forward balcony.

We informed the counter staff that we did not want an upgrade and that we had specifically chosen that cabin over a year ago.

We were told that someone else was already assigned the aft facing cabin and that we would have to take the newly assigned one.

We said there is no way we are going to accept that, that we had received a letter from the ship just a couple days prior to this confirming that we were in the cabin we selected.

Then I suggested that if the new cabin they were offering was so nice that they should give it to whoever was assigned our cabin .

They disappeared out back for a few minutes and came back with the cards for the aft facing balcony.

We went to the room and there was all our luggage and things from the previous cabin.

Our cabin attendant even had the reclining lounger we requested the previous week moved to our new balcony.

I don't know where the folks they claimed had been assigned our room ended up. Perhaps the forward balcony upgrade ?

A few years ago we decided to do a back to back on Epic.

This was when the ship was sailing alternating eastern and western itineraries. We wanted to try an aft facing balcony for a few years and tried to book that category for the 2 weeks. Unfortunately an aft facing balcony was only available for the 2nd week so we booked it for the 2nd week and had a midship balcony for the 1st week.

On day 5 or 6 of the 1st week sailing we received a letter from the ship telling us how happy they were that we would be sailing with them again next week. The letter told us that all we had to do was pack up our items and leave the suitcases and any other possessions in our cabin and that our stateroom attendant would have them delivered to our next cabin.

The cabin number of the next cabin was correct , the aft facing balcony we had chosen.

We had to leave the ship once it docked in Miami and spend about 45 minutes in an area with other "in transit" guests.

We were then taken back onto the ship and told to go to guest services to receive our new cabin keycards.

When we got to the counter we were told that we had been upgraded to a forward balcony.

We informed the counter staff that we did not want an upgrade and that we had specifically chosen that cabin over a year ago.

We were told that someone else was already assigned the aft facing cabin and that we would have to take the newly assigned one.

We said there is no way we are going to accept that, that we had received a letter from the ship just a couple days prior to this confirming that we were in the cabin we selected.

Then I suggested that if the new cabin they were offering was so nice that they should give it to whoever was assigned our cabin .

They disappeared out back for a few minutes and came back with the cards for the aft facing balcony.

We went to the room and there was all our luggage and things from the previous cabin.

Our cabin attendant even had the reclining lounger we requested the previous week moved to our new balcony.

I don't know where the folks they claimed had been assigned our room ended up. Perhaps the forward balcony upgrade ?

On our cruise on the Gem in 2010 we purchased a mid ship balcony. One month before our cruise we were offered an UPGRADE to an AFT Balcony, some people told us we were lucky because those are hard to come by and that we were going to love it. A week before our cruise we were offered another upgrade to a FORWARD mini suite Balcony, needless to say we said NO and boy we were happy, that aft stateroom was GREAT :D.

Edited by qtaromar1970