Breakaway Parking

donnyo1997

We will be driving to NYC next month to cruise on the Breakaway. I know there is parking next to the pier for $40 per day. We have a 1130am check in what time should I get there in order to park so I can get a space. I was thinking of arriving around 10am

Also are there any other places you would recommend for parking. I went to Valet Anywhere site but they only list monthly rates

Parking at the pier is $40 per day. The parking is on the roof of the pier. You enter the pier on 55th street and stay right to up up to roof. Unload your luggage near the elevator and then park your car. I wouldn't get a here before 10:30, that give enough time for the lot to empty out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We will be driving to NYC next month to cruise on the Breakaway. I know there is parking next to the pier for $40 per day. We have a 1130am check in what time should I get there in order to park so I can get a space. I was thinking of arriving around 10am

Also are there any other places you would recommend for parking. I went to Valet Anywhere site but they only list monthly rates

where are you coming from? Will you want to walk around the city pre or post cruise? If So I would recommend the pier, that way you just throw your bags in the car after the cruise and go explore.

If not then off site may be better

where are you coming from? Will you want to walk around the city pre or post cruise? If So I would recommend the pier, that way you just throw your bags in the car after the cruise and go explore.

If not then off site may be better

We will be driving down from Albany NY. So we will not be doing any exploring pre or post cruise. Is there any off site parking you would recommend?

# cough # cough - hate to be a party pooper on "valet parking service" with just a virtual address & phone #. Please read this thread on the East Coast subforum recently, then decide if that is an acceptable risks - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2326479

This topic has been asked & discussed many times, over & over at the above forum ... one suggested option is Park Right (this is indoor, brick-n-mortar) on W. 43rd. Street near 11th. Avenue - it's less expensive, etc. @ $19 daily or $175 w. taxes for 7 nights by reservations - just search for the info or "Google" for details - http://parkright.com/670-w-43-st-new-york.shtml

There are other reasonable alternatives to park for less, just not on the island of Manhattan near the cruise terminal.

We will be driving down from Albany NY. So we will not be doing any exploring pre or post cruise. Is there any off site parking you would recommend?

our only experience with off site was park rite, we have sailed may times out of NYC but have generally had larger groups so we did van service.

Park rite was horrible, we saved some bucks but would never use them again. We arrived at 11 and had to wait about 45 minutes for someone to free up and take the car, then again on pickup, we had to wait over an hour freezing, there are 2 elevators for the cars, one of which was not working. literally every other car coming down had a dead battery and three had flat tires, when it finally came to me they told me they could not find my car so I had to go up with them in the elevator and identify my car. Not worth saving a few bucks

There's also the Yankee Trails Cruise Express for $90 pp that leaves from Rensselaer (free parking in their lot) and drives you right to the cruise terminal. By the time you include gas and tolls, it would be the cheapest option if there are two of you.

# cough # cough - hate to be a party pooper on "valet parking service" with just a virtual address & phone #. Please read this thread on the East Coast subforum recently, then decide if that is an acceptable risks - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2326479

Do a full review, not just the two or three people on that posting that never used the service. For instance, there are people who gave glowing reviews on this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49002628 (and yes, they were CC regulars and not paid shills with low post counts ... which you will also find when you search around).

There's also the Yankee Trails Cruise Express for $90 pp that leaves from Rensselaer (free parking in their lot) and drives you right to the cruise terminal. By the time you include gas and tolls, it would be the cheapest option if there are two of you.

Thank you for the info but we did check out Yankee Trails but we have 5 in our party (2 parents, three kids) and as you point out it is not the cheapest option.

Here is what i found that works:

In the weeks prior to your cruise go into a local bank that is close to the cruise terminal and inquire about a no fee $5000.00 secured personal loan. When the loan officer asks what you plan on leaving as security on this loan tell them about the make and model of your car.

Schedule the loan closing at 9am the day of your cruise "the closing process usually takes 1.5 hours...sign the paperwork for the loan and give the loan officer your keys...and walk across the street to the cruise terminal..at this time it should be approx 10:45am which is a perfect time to arrive.

get on the cruise ship and enjoy the week...after your cruise gather your luggage and walk back to the bank...return the Bank check for $5000 and pay the prorated interest rate on 7 days... (approx $19.20) and when the banker hands you your keys back just smile knowing that you just parked your car in a secure bank parking lot for under $20 dollars for the week!!!!

Best,

Mark