Does anyone ever purchase from the minibar

So some of you are saying YES?

Why would one (or more) think that they were not used? I guess that they just don't like the pricing or are somehow irked that they are not empty.

I knew that we were not the only ones that actually purchased the emergency Diet Coke from the frig! We are on vacation after all. And I want RCL to make money, I own stock!

It is a really good thing that we are not all wired the same way.

[quote name='clarea']This is the second post I've seen about the minibar being empty upon arrival. I hope this is a new policy that goes fleetwide.[/QUOTE]

[B]I hope so too...We always ask our cabin steward to remove the items...but are always told to put them on a shelf so the bar/beverage staff that comes into check these mini bar items daily can see them and not charge us...Just give me the option of having them removed and no need for someone to come into my cabin everyday to check .[/B]

[quote name='NightOne']
I don't buy out the mini-bar but if I want something from it I have no qualms about grabbing it. You're on vacation people. :)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]
Since when did everyone become such "lavish spenders' here?

It was not long ago when I mocked some silly RC "$.50 Off" coupon they gave out.

People when beserk. Claiming how great it was and every bit helps.

Now we are actually drinking the over-priced mini bar bottles?

No wonder RC keeps raising the cruise fares.

What happened????:):):):):)
[/SIZE] Edited by matj2000

[quote name='matj2000'][SIZE="3"]
Since when did everyone become such "lavish spenders' here?

It was not long ago when I mocked some silly RC "$.50 Off" coupon they gave out.

People when beserk. Claiming how great it was and every bit helps.

Now we are actually drinking the over-priced mini bar bottles?

No wonder RC keeps raising the cruise fares.

What happened????:):):):):)
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I have never been a penny pincher on a cruise so I'm not sure who you are referring to LOL

[quote name='matj2000'][SIZE="3"]I would bet the cruise line makes more money from the mini-bar by charging for items never taken.

With the hopes of the passenger never checking their statement.

Than the passengers actually drinking them....[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
I bet you are right. As Raina said, there were several passengers on our last cruise that were charged multiple times for items that they did not use. The ship was RH and the mini-bar person was pretty aggressive. I told her multiple times that we don't use it. Then one time we had the do not disturb sign in the slot but the door was latched open a crack so I could get wifi. She pushed the door open and ask if she could come in.

[quote name='NightOne']I have never been a penny pincher on a cruise so I'm not sure who you are referring to LOL[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]Not you personally.

Just referring to people on this site in general.

I am with you, when on a trip I try not to skimp.

Although I do not go crazy and buy expensive big ticket items.

I will not hold back on drinks & tipping.

[/SIZE]

[quote name='robandana']We never do but that does not stop them from billing us anyways....on our last cruise we even heard they were billing people that had everything removed from the mini bar for the odd item....you need to watch your bill.[/QUOTE]
Yep, it is empty every cruise and we do B2Bs and will get a charge while on board but more often after we are home and the CC bill comes in.

[quote name='bogofman']We certainly don't... [COLOR="Red"]Cannot see why anyone would[/COLOR].[/QUOTE]

I find this an interesting, [I]almost[/I] rude comment. If someone wants to buy from the mini-bar, is that not all right? We have purchased several cans of soda over the years. We don't buy the soda package and sometimes we just want a little soda, no big deal. :) Have never bought the edibles, though.

I've occasionally bought a can of soda from the mini bar...it's the same price as anywhere else on the ship, so why not...I've also been charged for things I didn't buy...once was on Celebrity...the cabin steward had locked the mini bar on the last night... the bill in my door showed $0 due...yet when I checked my credit card statement a few days later there was a charge on it...when I called they told me it was the mini bar...they did remove the charge after I told them the charge was incorrect...

[quote name='Langley Cruisers']I find this an interesting, [I]almost[/I] rude comment. If someone wants to buy from the mini-bar, is that not all right? We have purchased several cans of soda over the years. We don't buy the soda package and sometimes we just want a little soda, no big deal. :) Have never bought the edibles, though.[/QUOTE]

This ^^^

I use the mini bar probably a few times on the cruise. It's great late at night when everything is closed and there's a quick snack. By the way - remember room service costs you after hours now too. I also like to get a sugar free Red Bull from my last bartender and keep it cool for the morning, so I'm glad to have that option. So I guess I both play into their revenue scheme *and* feel entitled. :)

How on earth does any of this concern anyone else?