Delayed Boarding Infinity -4-26-16- Gastro illness

MarkE

Just got a text from Celebrity that the Tuesday sailing of the Infinity from Miami boarding is being delayed for "enhanced sanitizing" due to gastrointestinal illness during the last sailing. They are asking that you not arrive at the port before 1:00 pm. Check in will take place between 1-4 PM. Sound like it will be a madhouse at the terminal. Anyone on board the Infinity now if your on cruise critic could you give an update on conditions.

Wow - that's unfortunate! We were on the 27th March sailing on Infinity from Miami and had exactly the same notification. The check-in area wasn't too bad when we arrived at 11.30ish (had a booked transfer from the hotel) but, being in Aqua class, we were shown to a separate lounge for Aqua and Elite guests. I presume they did the same with Suite passengers. They eventually provided water and snacks, and we were told boarding was expected to start at about 1.00pm. It was after that before they got the all clear though. By this time the check-in area was heaving with not very happy looking people, most of whom seemed to be standing. We were one of the first on board, and they were still cleaning. Access to cabins was further delayed as well. No serving yourself in the buffet on that day and I expected to be on code red for a few days after, but it was back to normal the next day. I didn't hear any reports of any sickness on our cruise to San Diego, and there were extra hand sanitisers all over the place. Presumably the trouble started again on the return trip to Miami. Hope they get it sorted this time.

My kids are onboard currently.

It is NOT Code Red (where they remove the salt / pepper and serve you the walk up drinks in the buffet.

They are pushing the hand sanitizer more than normal.

Embarkation was delayed in San Diego because of more extensive customs inspections than normal. All of the crew had to go thru customs.

I love Celebrity. I sail often. However, after being a victim of the nasty virus 4 years ago on the Infinity, I will not sail on the Infinity again. Any other ship is okay. I follow the boards and the Infinity keeps getting the virus. Perhaps, the virus hasn't left the ship.

I love Celebrity. I sail often. However, after being a victim of the nasty virus 4 years ago on the Infinity, I will not sail on the Infinity again. Any other ship is okay. I follow the boards and the Infinity keeps getting the virus. Perhaps, the virus hasn't left the ship.

People with unclean practices carry viruses. Not ships.

We were on the Infinity's April 11 - 26 sailing and we never were in a "Code Red" condition. However, it seemed that a lot of effort was put in by the staff in wiping down handrails, door handles and table tops in the buffet. The salt and pepper shakers were always on the the tables and the buffet was self-service throughout the cruise. There must have been some, but not wide spread, noro onboard because during the last few days of the cruise during the daily update at 10 a.m. the captain kept reminding passengers to wash their hands and report to the medical center if they were having gastro-intestinal problems.

Poor Infinity!

It was being "sanitized" after its trip to the Antarctic Feb. 14th and before going around the Horn. It's an on-going problem for many ships. The Star Princess was going through the same problems on its cruise around the Horn and north.