Uncertain about an email from Carnival

kctwinmommy

I know that my Comcast email is often not the best at catching spam, but my Gmail has sometimes put things in spam that's not really spam. Anyway, I got an email from Carnival, email is donotreply@carnival.com and it has a PDF attachment, and that's it. All of my Comcast emails are automatically forwarded to me Gmail account, it's easier to read on my phone/on the go. This email went into my spam folder in Gmail.

I'm assuming it's spam, but just want to see if others have received things like this. I don't get very many emails from them, I'm not signed up for any communications beyond info for our cruise. I haven't opened any attachments as of now, I'm just leaving it.

Have others gotten things like this before?

It is hard to picture anything that Carnival would send in a pdf file. IF you booked directly with Carnival maybe I'd call them . IF you booked with a TA then I'd call them to ask but I have not seen any e mails from Carnival that would require a pdf. Better to be safe and not open it and just let it go into trash.

I just got an email from Carnival with a pdf, & it was a scanned letter regarding Canadian requirements for crossing the border. We have an Alaskan cruise planned for this summer, and it was hi-lighting some visa requirements for foreign nationals (not US).

I have one from that email address. It was Carnival informing me of changes for our upcoming Vista itinerary - in .pdf form.

A lot of times these do go to spam and then posters claim they never got the email.

Edited by fuddrules

I have one from that email address. It was Carnival informing me of changes for our upcoming Vista itinerary - in .pdf form.

A lot of times these do go to spam and then posters claim they never got the email.

Thanks! We do have an Alaska trip planned, so that could be it then. Thank you!!

I just got an email from Carnival with a pdf, & it was a scanned letter regarding Canadian requirements for crossing the border. We have an Alaskan cruise planned for this summer, and it was hi-lighting some visa requirements for foreign nationals (not US).

OK, we have an Alaska cruise booked, so that may it then. Thanks!

Have gotten them a couple of times like that...pdf with no message. I did open them and they were about an itinerary change.

To me they should at least put your booking number or something letting you know it is not spam, but it is Carnival we are talking about lol.

Have gotten them a couple of times like that...pdf with no message. I did open them and they were about an itinerary change.

To me they should at least put your booking number or something letting you know it is not spam, but it is Carnival we are talking about lol.

I agree! Just something in the text area would be nice.

I got one of those today too from Carnival informing me about the passport/visa/ID requirements for my upcoming Alaska cruise.

I agree they should put something---anything---in the body of the email. My email was blank too with a PDF attachment. That's not very professional, and I can understand your concern about opening it.

I received two today with just a attachment, no text. I deleted them, not knowing for sure if it they were truly from Carnival.

You may want go back and retrieve them. If you have a cruise booked, it sounds like they sent a lot of notices out today.

The nice thing to remember is that Gmail allows you to preview the document without downloading it. Just click on the document itself instead of the download button. It saves the risk of downloading a dangerous email but still allows safe viewing.

True, but that's the address that directed it to spam...

I let Carnival know they should reconsider how they send these emails though.