Vifp points from carnival australia

Thebosn1

I have already asked this in a couple other places but I want to be sure, so I will ask here as well.

If I book a cruise with Carnival Australia, will those days count toward my overall VIFP days?

I have a chance to book a wonderful cruise next year on one of my favorite ships, the Legend. The booking would be through Carnival Australia, the booking is not even available on the US web site. This cruise would make both my wife and I platinum, and while that is not a deal breaker, I would at least like to be sure these days will be added to out US past cruises.

Has anyone done this, and is anyone absolutely certain this is how it works? I know they only count points from "Carnival Cruises" and not sister companies. I just want to know I would get the points added to the ones we already have.

Thanks.

Jim

Hi,

This is a link to FAQ from the dot AU site of the Carnival Australia cruises.

IF you scroll waaaay down there is a question asking about which cruises count for VIFP points.

The answer is ALL "Carnival " cruises from the USA, Europe, Australia etc. but not the other Carnival Corp lines like Princess. Here is the link:

http://www.carnival.com.au/loyalty/faq.aspx#a7

Q:How do I earn points on a cruise ending and starting in Australia?

A:In order to earn VIFP Points for Cruises that begin and/or end in Australia (each an “Australian Cruise”), a VIFP Member must log into their account after their cruise to see the total points awarded. It can take up to 5 business days after a sailing for the system to update a guest's cruise history. If your points do not appear after this time, members must review their cruise history and submit a request by clicking on “Missing a Cruise?” and provide the requested information.