Port Canaveral parking?

lefy

I know there are a lot of park & cruise places near the port but I want to park my car at the port. I'll be going on the Norwegian Epic in December & I was wondering if i have to worry about parking space availability at Port Canaveral. Last year I went out of Ft. Lauderdale on the Oasis & parking there was available right by the ship. Any input appreciated.

Lots of parking available at PC - drop your bags first (and maybe other members of your party) and then head to the parking garage.

Thanks, that was my biggest concern.

Is there any particular time that is better than another to arrive? Also I noticed on the Port Canaveral site that some hotels/motels give a discount for port parking. I'm going to check into that also since we plan to stay around the port the night before. We've always done the hotel shuttle route but this year we're going to park at the port.

check your sail date on the port calendar and see how many other ships are leaving that day. Also note discounts from some hotels. You can make parking reservations on line too.

http://www.portcanaveral.com

I suggest you arrive around 10 or 10:30 AM to get a ground floor spot. That should give departing passengers time to get off and the porters able to handle your luggage. Others may have had different experiences. NCL often goes out of a terminal and garage that is separate from the others. At least that's been my experience from the off site parking shuttle runs.

Cruise terminal 5 is getting an upgrade but the parking terminal may/may not change. We will know soon. Cruise terminal 6 is also Norwegian so the same cruise parking situation in both cases.

In any case, a 10:30am arrival is very timely. If you arrive earlier you may have to wait somewhere before the gates open.

Here are pictures of the current parking garages.

There is also map with the 40% partner hotels listed in red.

We're staying at the Best Western before our June cruise. They offer the 40 percent port discount and you don't have to book a special rate to get it (such is the case with a few hotels). Plus breakfast is included and the hotel is on the beach so it's a win-win. Not the fanciest accommodations but clean and comfortable.

Thanks for all the great advice,

I was just trying to decide between Best Western & La Quinta in Cocoa Beach. It looks like they both have 40% off port parking. The pricing is comparable so it's really a matter of which one is cleaner & safer.

Cruise terminal 5 is getting an upgrade but the parking terminal may/may not change. We will know soon. Cruise terminal 6 is also Norwegian so the same cruise parking situation in both cases.

In any case, a 10:30am arrival is very timely. If you arrive earlier you may have to wait somewhere before the gates open.

Here are pictures of the current parking garages.

There is also map with the 40% partner hotels listed in red.

Pretty sure Epic will use T1. It's been pretty full since NCL started using it for Saturday departure. They have paved the surface lot to the east. Maybe they will use that as needed