Choosing a Cabin

Hi,

We’ve decided on the cruise but would love a little help choosing a cabin.

We’ll be on the Freedom of the Seas and unsure whether to choose a balcony like 8338 on the hump, or 8398, last balcony before the aft cabins.

For the hump cabin, we’re concerned with noise from the elevators and stairs. Also, it looks like they’ve added more interior cabins since we last sailed and wonder if there is too much additional foot traffic.

For cabin 8398, we’re concerned with if there is any obstructions and also the additional foot traffic from the added cabins. Searched but can’t find any balcony pictures for this cabin.

Thank you for any info you can provide!

We've had hump staterooms several times on Voyager and Freedom class ships and were never bothered by noise from the elevator or stairs area.

Send that. We've had a few hump balconies on Freedom class, we didn't get any elevator or stairway noise. Yes, you do have more foot traffic than aft balconies have, but even as a light sleeper, I didn't hear anything. Enjoy the extra space :D

Thank you for the info on the hump cabins. Will make my decision a bit easier.

No info on 8398?

Wanted to book an aft cabin, but I guess it's not available for two guests only anymore. Our first and only cruise, we were lucky enough to snag 1702 on Freedom. I guess we'll have to manage with a normal size balcony :p.

Edited by backspace1

Thank you for the info on the hump cabins. Will make my decision a bit easier.

No info on 8398?

Wanted to book an aft cabin, but I guess it's not available for two guests only anymore. Our first and only cruise, we were lucky enough to snag 1702 on Freedom. I guess we'll have to manage with a normal size balcony :p.

I've no specific info on 8398, except that it's a long walk without even the benefit of the large balcony on the aft facing staterooms. I would choose something closer to the centrum rather than 8398.

We recently had a center hump cabin (7638) on Freedom of the Seas. It was a great location convenient to stairs and elevators and we had no problems at all with noise from elevators or foot traffic in hallway. I'll always try to book a hump cabin when available, which is one of the reasons why I like to book early.

Hump...all the time! If you don't have a true "aft" there is no point doing that looooooooong walk everytime you come and go from your cabin. While neither the hump cabin or the balcony is larger than any other side cabin, the convenience factor cannot be beat! Hump...everytime!

The elevators and stairs are in a foyer..not clearly shown on the deck plans. No more noise than anywhere else!

Edited by cb at sea

Thank you, one more question please. Are the balconies on the hump smaller than others not on the hump?

Lol, sounds silly but I love the water and will be spending quite a bit time out there with a drink in my hand just staring at it. :cool:

Thank you, one more question please. Are the balconies on the hump smaller than others not on the hump?

Lol, sounds silly but I love the water and will be spending quite a bit time out there with a drink in my hand just staring at it. :cool:

On Freedom, the staterooms on the hump have the same size balconies as other side-facing staterooms in the same category.