Live from jewel of the seas

Hi cruisers.just got on line as had problem with diamond and above coupons for Internet.here are some news from jewel.

No voom. Slight upgrade but much slower than voom

All new carpet throughout ship

Flat screen tv in all cabins

Diamond lounge now like others on deck 13. Only have 127 diamond and above aboard but bad news for april28th cruise 737 diamond and above.

Suite lounge still for pinnacle and diamond plus.

New pillow mattresses in all suites.

There are apps 150 contractors still on board doing refurb and will remain aboard until ship reaches Europe.

New digital screen on wall at elevators have computer problems and info not available.

Ship looks beautiful and chops remodeled and new Giovanni's is very nice.isumi is also open where sea view bistro was.

Also all new carpet throughout ship

Big screen installed.

Well guess will go for now.we are in the Bahamas and sailing shortly. Hope this gives next cruisers a little info. Like always there are post dry dock issues but you will not be disappointed with the new jewel.

Hope the next group has a great Atlantic crossing. BOb and Nancy. THe VillagesFlorida

Thanks for the update Bob.

We already have heard that there is no Park Cafe. What about Sabor in the place next to Windjammer where they have Rita's on other Radiance class ships?

Bob,l haven't checked on area where Mexican restaurant was but other not on list on compass.

Know about list of diamond,plus and pinnicals as told by Efren the concierge

Most major work done where you can see.things like no lock on diamond or suite lounge doors. Say they should be done shortly.working in kitchens and I think a lot of work done during the night

Last night in diamond lounge there were seven of us at 700pm. It was great and had a great spread.

Large lounge has new seating.

If I can answer anything else give us a line. BOb

Bob,l haven't checked on area where Mexican restaurant was but other not on list on compass.

Know about list of diamond,plus and pinnicals as told by Efren the concierge

Most major work done where you can see.things like no lock on diamond or suite lounge doors. Say they should be done shortly.working in kitchens and I think a lot of work done during the night

Last night in diamond lounge there were seven of us at 700pm. It was great and had a great spread.

Large lounge has new seating.

If I can answer anything else give us a line. BOb

Only other thing I'm curious about is the range of food offered in the Solarium. If it's the same as before with pizza slices late, or they have changed it at all.

Thanks much Bob.

Thanks for the great info. We are on the 15 night TA cruise this Thursday and, are D+.

Will be interesting to see how crowded the the Suite Lounge is for Pinnacle and us D+. Will be curious to see how many D versus D+ are on board.

Thanks for taking the time to give us anxious fiuture cruisers some information! You mentioned new flat screens in the cabins - were there any other updates such as bedding?

From post #1:

"New pillow mattresses in all suites."

We already have heard that there is no Park Cafe.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard whether there would or would not be a Park Cafe after the dry dock. Does your comment refer to there being no plans to have Park Cafe or they just haven't completed that yet?

And with that said, do the ships ever have the mini roast beef sandwiches in a different venue that isn't Park Cafe?

Edited by theorbo

Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard whether there would or would not be a Park Cafe after the dry dock. Does your comment refer to there being no plans to have Park Cafe or they just haven't completed that yet?

And with that said, do the ships ever have the mini roast beef sandwiches in a different venue that isn't Park Cafe?

I've not seen any plans for furthur changes to Jewel. I just know from folks onboard now that there is no Park Cafe.

Ships have had the roast beef sandwiches without having Park Cafe. However, it's not universal and the sandwiches seem to be offered for a very limited time.

Back on a while as docked in key west. Try to remember some of the questions.

Solarium cafe 430-1200.sandwichs and pizza

Giovanni 25.00. Chops. 35.00

Most bar drinks 10.00 with a 18% tip

Cruise director. Dennis Charles

Coffee drinkers that like 1/2 & 1/2 you are out of luck.none in windjammer,room service.only. Whole milk and container of none dairy

Coffee machine in diamond club working great. While in club last night got word that they will have to move evening event to safari club

Still using same shampoo,conditioner Made in Milano ITaly

Digital info signs working this morning.

Only two ships at Everglades tomorrow jewel , independence

Well I guess that will do me for today. Please forgive weidposting format as not use to wifeS I pad. Will be back to my unit tomorrow. All boarders tomorrow have a great cruise. Bob & Nancy. The Villages, Florida