Leaving Dirty dishes, food trays and cups in hallway. WHY?

jolyroger

I am early riser and have lost count of the mornings I have to dodge round trays that have been kicked over and food footprints have been tracked down the hallways. It's just plain tacky. I don't leave trays and plates outside the doors at home, why would I do it on vacation?

I've always found that if I leave a plate of anything on top of the trash can in the cabin it dissapears, it's that easy.

Edited by idlenote
clarity

I don't leave trays and plates outside the doors at home, why would I do it on vacation?

Because you don't have easy access to a kitchen and you're paying others to help do the dirty work.

that-was-easy-button.png

Edited by fuddrules

I would like to see this issue addressed by Carnival from a safety standpoint. Such a big deal is made about the muster drill, but if all passengers are leaving their cabins in a big hurry to get to the lifeboat stations in a real emergency, wouldn't it be a safety problem to have the hallways lined with room service trays?

Not that this is a life or death matter but each room door area is just a little bit (certainly large enough for a tray) bigger than the door itself. Setting it out, lets the steward know when you're finished, especially if you are staying in the cabin while the stewards are out cleaning but you don't want them to disturb your activities. To those mentioning wheelchairs getting thru, I seen very few wheelchairs on board AND I think the stewards carts that are in the hallways, would be a much bigger obstacle.

Fresh off the Breeze, this being our 7th Carnival , Fabulous time. One thing in all the cruises we've taken that I will never understand...Why must people leave their empty trays, plates, cups etc in the hallway outside their cabin door? Nothing like walking up a hallway and seeing a cup just sitting there or uneaten food on a tray. I don't get why leaving it in the cabin is such a hard thing. I mean would you do this at home? I sure as hell hope not, but maybe that's just me being OCD. Feel free to Flame, I know its coming...but I know I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I never leave them in the elevator. I put all my dirty dishes in the hallway. If i don't like my neighbor I put them in front of his door. Who wants to smell that in their room until the next day.

Why would toddlers be left roaming the hallways at night? Oh duh! It's Carnival... The Parents are out drunk at the red frog!!!

Right!! Whatever parent allows their toddler to be unattended to the point that they are essentially eating garbage should be made to walk the plank...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We never order room service, but we occasionally bring food back to the room from the Lido deck. I just can't bring myself to sit plates on the floor, so I leave them on the counter inside the room.

If I do get something from the buffet I do bring those dishes back to the buffet.