Premium package increase!

I just checked my sailing and the drink package discounts are still actual 20% discounts. The costs including gratuities are:

Ultimate 388.22

Premium 322.14

Select 256.06

Replenish 156.94

Refresh 66.08

Do they charge differently on different ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was going to buy the Premium pkg for my husband and myself for our cruise in about 3 weeks -- but the only option on the website yesterday was the Select pkg. I called customer service and was told by the rep that the pkg was $49 per person, per day, but they were "changing the prices" on all of the pkgs, and I should check back in 24 hours.

I asked her if they were going up, because if that was the case, I would rather just go ahead and buy it from her right then, but she told me she thought they were going down, so I should wait and check back.

Today it's showing $47 per person per day... that's $2 less than what she quoted me on the phone yesterday. I'm not sure if that's because of the 20% discount? But when I put it in the cart, it comes to $388.22 per person. I'm thinking that's probably the case.

Ann

Edited by TexasAnn

I was going to buy the Premium pkg for my husband and myself for our cruise in about 3 weeks -- but the only option on the website yesterday was the Select pkg. I called customer service and was told by the rep that the pkg was $49 per person, per day, but they were "changing the prices" on all of the pkgs, and I should check back in 24 hours.

I asked her if they were going up, because if that was the case, I would rather just go ahead and buy it from her right then, but she told me she thought they were going down, so I should wait and check back.

Today it's showing $47 per person per day... that's $2 less than what she quoted me on the phone yesterday. I'm not sure if that's because of the 20% discount? But when I put it in the cart, it comes to $388.22 per person. I'm thinking that's probably the case.

Ann

Please see post #22 for the math.

The total price for premium/ 7 days on my Oasis sailing is now $388.00 when it was $310.00 2 days ago, then 323.00 (?) now total of 388.00, using the 20% scam. I guess they think we can't do basic math.

I also have a feeling they are getting slammed with calls because I was on the phone with a "supervisor" after holding for 1 1/2 hours.

But don't hold me to this because Lord knows this could all change in the next hour or 2.:rolleyes:

In regards to the changing of the pricing. All companies do it all the time.

Based on the evidence so far. RCCL reduced the pricing on the beverage packages several weeks (months) ago. Once I heard about it, I jumped on it. I had to cancel my existing purchase and then reorder. I did this within minutes of each activity. This saved me the 20% which was significant

Then last week I heard about another 20% discount. When I looked into it, I would be saving about $7 more. I immediately "rebooked" the package. Since I am doing a back2back cruise, during each phase I checked the second cruise and found the discounts also applied.

One thing I have learned in booking travel. If you find a deal book it. Then if the price goes down, rebook it. Don't wait. The specials may end at any time.

I just checked my sailing and the drink package discounts are still actual 20% discounts. The costs including gratuities are:

Ultimate 388.22

Premium 322.14

Select 256.06

Replenish 156.94

Refresh 66.08

Do they charge differently on different ships?

We had originally booked the Premium drink package for the 2 of us.

We will be on Oasis in June.

The original price was $404 pp.

When I saw on the boards that ppl were calling to see if this was also on sale, as their website only mentioned the SELECT package, we were able to save the 20% and got it for $310.00 pp. Almost a $200.00 savings!!!:D:D

Now it sounds like Royal realized they screwed up, or made a mistake and they aren't allowing ppl the lower price anymore.

Just received my credit today for the original one.

Glad I called when it was early in the sale.

Good luck to everyone!:)

My sailing on the Anthem, in June, is showing 20% off but they must've raised prices. Ultimate is $50, premium is $44 and select is $34. Based on what I thought prices were ($59, $49, $39), that's not 20%.

This little problem has been going on for a couple of days now. The 20% discount is only for the Allure April and May 2016 sailings and any 9+ day sailing. It shouldn't even been seen on the other sailings cruise planners. Not sure why the current pricing is lower than normal drink package pricing, but it does cause a conspiracy theory of raising prices.

Normal Premium pricing is $49/day, but they are showing pricing now for $47/day. A 20% discount off $59/day (ultimate package pricing) is $47.20/day, so it appears like they raised the prices of the packages and then gave a 20% off discount of the new price. Who knows if this is the case or if it really was a mistake. I know when I look at the cruise planner for my 3 night cruise in September, I do not see the 20% off special, but the normal pricing of $49/day for the premium package.

So if you are sailing on the Allure from now up until the May 22 sailing or on a 9+ night, you should get the real 20% off special.

I'm confused. We are going on Anthem in September, 5 days to Bermuda, and today our cruise planner showed 20% discount for beverage packages, so I purchased the Premium package for my husband. The cost was $196.00, including gratuity. I thought I got a very good price. I didn't check previously, was it cheaper? :confused:

I'm confused. We are going on Anthem in September, 5 days to Bermuda, and today our cruise planner showed 20% discount for beverage packages, so I purchased the Premium package for my husband. The cost was $196.00, including gratuity. I thought I got a very good price. I didn't check previously, was it cheaper? :confused:

You got a good price.

Premium package price has gone up to $58.75/day. That number x 7 days - 20% off + 18% gratuity = $388.22. It practically amounts to a scam. Wonder if, in true RCCL fashion, the package price will go back down when the "sale" ends. This sale saves me about $16.50. I'd rather have paid the full price than have this very bitter taste in my mouth...

This little problem has been going on for a couple of days now. The 20% discount is only for the Allure April and May 2016 sailings and any 9+ day sailing. It shouldn't even been seen on the other sailings cruise planners. Not sure why the current pricing is lower than normal drink package pricing, but it does cause a conspiracy theory of raising prices.

Why do you say this? My Freedom sailing has had the 20% discount for the last 5 days. If it shouldn't have been there, I am sure they would have taken it down as quickly as they could.

My sailing is showing a cart total of $810. for two for the premium. Way too rich for my blood. I can't imagine drinking that much in liquor.

Have you researched the prices of wine and drinks, heck even soda and bottled water?

It doesn't really add up to be that many drinks a day.

###

They increased the price. I was pretty peeved because I'd bought my packages two months ago then saw the sale last Friday. I called, they said they'd cancel it and then I could rebuy for the discounted price. I asked if I could wait until the money was back on my card before I purchased again or was that price only for that day. She assured me it would be that price until sailing. Called back just to double check and was told same thing. So when I checked my credit card today and saw the refund I went back to purchase and saw the price increase. Now, I'd take my lumps if I'd just not booked in time for the decreased package, but since I'd been assured then that's not ok. I called the main number (if you're ever thinking this is a good idea, it's not) and spoke with a girl who kept telling me $776was 20% off of $808. As we say in the South, Bless her heart. So I just called the C&A number. After talking to them and telling them my frustrations calmly, I was put on hold for about 25-30 minutes. They came back with the solution that I still had to pay the increased price $776, but they gave me $130 OBC. Fair enough. I wish they'd just been up front to begin with, but at least they made it right in the end for us

Edited by 3happyferrets

We bought the premium on April 25 for $310.58 for 7 nights on Freedom. Today it is showing $388.22 for the same package. It was originally $404.74. I'm not sure what is happening.

I definitely lean toward system glitch. I got the ultimate (also for 7 days) on Saturday for $310.58. When I checked again yesterday, the ultimate was ~$389... So, it seems the premium and ultimate were the same price.

Looks like whatever glitch was there is now fixed. For a few days I have not been able to purchase a beverage package for my kids. I could select it and add it to the cart, but no checkout. I would get an error message. At the same time, alcoholic beverage packages were showing as 6 choices. The regular 3 packages and the same 3 packages with a 20% discount. I cancelled my original package and rebooked with the 20 %. I checked my cruise planner today and it is showing that I purchased the "discounted ultimate beverage pkg". For a 5 day cruise, with fees, that is $556....so that would be about $47/day plus fees. In addition, there is no more showing of a 20% off deal, just the regular pricing. I was able to purchase the kids packages today as well.

Lisa