Anthem of the Seas - 5-night Bermuda Inaugural - LIVE-ISH Blog!

July 14th is a weekday, so the Bayonne Bridge is open during rush hour until 9am. We usually get there before it closes, and then stop at Starbucks or Walmart on Rt 440 just before the port when we are too early for check in.

Thank you for that information, Donna. That is good to know.

Hi Liz - I'll try to remember to do this!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Kyle,

Thank You!! Don't worry if you can't i'll be there in June:) Have a great cruise.

BTW~~ How's the hotel? and the Biiiiig bar:p

Not to long now and you'll be on the beautiful Anthem.

Liz:)

Looking forward to your "live-ish blog"! Although in 2017, we will be hosting our wedding on Anthem to Bermuda and have reserved a JR Spa as well. Can't wait for the photos and review!!! Enjoy your trip.

CONGRATS on your upcoming vows!! We sail 6/25/16 --- maybe we will be going again in 2017 for our 20th wedding anniversary!

You are right, but not in this case. Hamilton is the biggest rip off. You may as well be on 5th Ave or Hollywood Blvd. Terrible.

The stores and shops in the port are great.....and I love the free trolley that takes you up and down the strip. (hop on hop off)

Did you say FREE trolley? you surely don't hear that word very often! Where do you get on - at the dock? And how far can you go on it? Not sure what the "strip" is we have never been to Bermuda, another highly anticipated part of our trip!:cool:

Did you say FREE trolley? you surely don't hear that word very often! Where do you get on - at the dock? And how far can you go on it? Not sure what the "strip" is we have never been to Bermuda, another highly anticipated part of our trip!:cool:

It takes you around the port shopping area. http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda_000029.htm

Edited by marci22

Hi Kyle,

Thank You!! Don't worry if you can't i'll be there in June:) Have a great cruise.

BTW~~ How's the hotel? and the Biiiiig bar:p

Not to long now and you'll be on the beautiful Anthem.

Liz:)

Bar is great. Having a glass of red and watching some NFL draft coverage. My 'Skins don't pick until late so I may be here for awhile lol.

F10364A6-D401-4E4C-B6A2-54CBDB7F58FB_zpsravniozn.jpg

Will see you all tomorrow when I can finally start posting pics of the good stuff!!

Hi. When I say the strip, I mean it is a bunch of buildings with activities and stores ...all lined up. Not very good with distances, but maybe 1/2 a mile long? The trolley"s just keep going back and forth and will stop where ever you want them to. The distance of the port is very walk able, but great if you are just getting off the ferry from Hamilton and you are exhausted. Love seeing the trolley and just jumping on it to get back to the ship.

Good morning all! Well, the webcam is pointed the wrong way but marine traffic says Anthem is there and waiting.

Will be getting ready and calling for an Uber around 9:30, and heading for Cape Liberty!

Hurry up with that inspection, coast guard, I don't want to wait a minute longer :p

Looking forward to following your travels, enjoy. Do not know if you have access to the concierge lounge but if you do can you take a photo of the drinks offered. I know there have been others that have listed it but with the supposed changes as of May 1st I would like to see if anything has changed such as offerings, hours, etc.

Thank you

Looking forward to following your travels, enjoy. Do not know if you have access to the concierge lounge but if you do can you take a photo of the drinks offered. I know there have been others that have listed it but with the supposed changes as of May 1st I would like to see if anything has changed such as offerings, hours, etc.

Thank you

We are in a Spa Junior Suite and I don't think that category gets access to the Suite Lounge. Sorry!

Thanks for posting during your cruise. We get on when you get off. Booked North Star for sail away in Bermuda(4pm). Did you wait in line when you boarded to be one of the first ones on North Star on or did you have a reservation?

Looking forward to your feedback on everything from the drinks to the staff, entertainment, food etc.

Have a wonderful trip!

Edited by lakelorain

Kyle,

Can't wait to cruise along with you [emoji2]

And thanks again for offering to post the Compass ... just hoping our booked dinner reservations don't conflict with available shows whenever they open up for us ... so any preview pics here of Compass esp. with show times are greatly anticipated and appreciated!

Enjoy!

This is making me want to go in the basement......design a time travel machine as quickly as possible....and get myself to June 11th! That's possible right?

Enjoy the trip!

Thanks for pics!