Royal Replenish package or not ?

Hi,

few more days and we will be on the Navigator doing a TA.

We are getting a lot of emails from RCI suggesting to purchase tours and drink packages before we sail.

There is the Royal Replenish package that I have some interest in but I am not sure if it is worth it. The price is 19 dol. per day and I do not know if the 18% grat. is included in that price.

I do not drink any sodas, bottled water or specialty coffee / tea .

I would drink the fresh juice ( I am not sure if it is available all day ?) and maybe one or two nonalcoholic drinks per day. I am D

Is it an advantage to purchase the package for someone with my needs and having the D status ? Or just buy when needed.

I do not know how much is the fresh juice or the non-alcohoiic drinks.

Any suggestions ?

The fresh squeezed OJ is generally only available at breakfast. The large size is included in Replenish, and it's about $4. It's a big glass. When purchasing it, I'd rather get the small, which is about $3.

Virgin drinks are around $5.

Replenish is $19/day PLUS 18% tip.

Just like my own situation, it just doesn't look like Replenish makes sense financially.

I do not know how much is the fresh juice or the non-alcohoiic drinks.

Any suggestions ?

If you are not a specialty coffee/tea drinker (Latte, Cappuccino, Frappes) or bottled water (even when on excursions) and only having 1 or 2 drinks and one fresh OJ in the morning, I don't see where you would get your monies worth.

You would be much better off pay as you go.

If you find you are drinking more non alcoholic drinks than $19 ($22. w/gratuity) a night, as long as you have 4 nights left you can add the package

Edited by LilBlackDress

Ice water, coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast is included in your fare. If you want juice for later, bring a refillable bottle and pour a couple glasses into it to keep for later.

Doesn't sound like you would need a package for drinks. If you DO get the package, they ADD 18% to the cost as the tip.

Edited by cb at sea