Luggage Service

SmokinJoe

Hi,

Does anyone know if NCL offers the Luggage Valet Service at the end of the cruise. They take your luggage to the Airport/Airline and you see your luggage when you get home.

Anyone know the details of the service, such as participating Airlines, charge, and flight times available if they offer this service?

Thank you for your information.

I believe this service was discontinued after 9/11 because the luggage is unattended for periods of time and the airlines don't like .

No, it was only discontinued relatively recently...perhaps two years ago or thereabouts. I believe there are some cruise lines that still offer this service at some ports....perhaps Royal Caribbean.

Edited by njhorseman

Thank you all for the quick reply.

I was recently on RCCL and they offered the service for $20.00. for flights after 11:30 AM

Best $20 i have ever spent !

With suites there is no charge. You don't see your luggage again until your home airport. A great, great service. They leave your boarding passes in your cabin the last evening. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

With suites there is no charge. You don't see your luggage again until your home airport. A great, great service. They leave your boarding passes in your cabin the last evening. Gerry

You are talking about RCCL, correct?

I know Princess has it on many ports. EZ check I think its called.

Too bad NCL doesn't get with it. I would LIKE this service again too.:cool:

Yes. Sorry I didn't realize I failed to mention RCCL. Was in an Aquatheater Suite on Oasis last August. Yes, I certainly wish NCL would look into the luggage valet. Fantastic. However I am looking forward to the Haven on Escape this August. Except for limited boarding perks and Coastal Kitchen, I don't believe RCCL comes close to NCL suite amenities. Gerry.

Edited by buckeye rob

Yes. Sorry I didn't realize I failed to mention RCCL. Was in an Aquatheater Suite on Oasis last August. Yes, I certainly wish NCL would look into it. Fantastic. However I am looking forward to the Haven on Escape this August. Except for limited boarding and Coastal Kitchen, I don't believe RCCL comes close to NCL amenities. Gerry.